Nick Diaz Is Not An Entertaining Fighter. Stop it.

Go further back then his last 3 or 4 fights.

Paul Daley, Santos, KJ Noons, Sakurai, Scott Smith, Marius, Frank Shamrock, Gleison Tibau, Thomas Denny, Gomi, Neer were all finished by Nick in entertaining fights and minus a missing win or 2, they were all comsecutive finishes.

He isnt nearly as entertaining as he used to be. Anderson, GSP, Condit fights were stale and Penn win is unimpressive.

Condit was exciting, as was Hendricks. Let me guess, you found them boring? Cool, they were not boring.

you specified fightsssss...he had one exciting fight before Nick and honestly it was exciting because Condit hit him with that head kick. Hendricks was a loss and only exciting because he was losing, the UFC gave him the decision to try and keep him fighting. Before those he had 6 boring ass decisions to Shields, Koscheck, Hardy, Alves and Fitch. All boring lay n pray decisions.

Koscheck should have been stopped.... not boring and he basically started the end of Kos' career because of incompetent doctors

Alves wasn't boring either but hey, your opinion is your opinion

Fitch was boring? Ok now I know you're just trolling.

I can play your game too. Nick vs Karo - BORING, Nick vs Diego - BORING, Nick vs Sherk - Boring! Common denominator - Diaz. THIS GAME IS SO FUN!

I agree to disagree with you about everything and move on.

I saw the Cyborg and Paul Daley fights on the day they happened. I went back and watched all his previous fights as well. The point was that Diaz, as of today, is not an entertaining fighter.
That is not what ur OP implies, TS.
U just fucked up and changed ur mind.
I mean really... blaming a GSP opponent for the fight being boring? GSP has been playing it super safe since that italian midget made pizza doe out of him.
U even blamed him that Carlos ran? descusion over.

Wow.....so nick is in the 40 year old bracket....despite not being 40.....and because he doesn't take first place he has no cardio??? Yall are some dipshits.
Comprehension is clearly not your strong point. He raced in the 30-34yr old but there are a number of other age's competing. Nick just happened to be beaten by old part time athletes...

Lol Strikeforce were Robbie Lawler (whom he not only beat but KO'd), Werdum, Fedor, Overeem, Cyborg and Gilbert Melendez fought. Yeah that competition was shit.

I never said Strikeforce was all shit comp, I only referred to Diaz's comp.Yes, Werdrum, Fedor, Reem and Gilblert + others were great, but none of them were in Diaz's weight class.

And Robbie's a terrible example. Not once in Strikeforce was he ever on more than a 1 fight winning streak, and everyone could see he looked to be done mentally. He turned into an animal in the UFC.

All that Bullshit is muted by the fact that Daley and KJ were master strikers. They lost in the UFC due to being taken down and controlled. Nick boxed both of them. He lost to Condit who was running away to the point that the shit was funny. His other loses were GSP and Anderson Silva whom are considered GOATs. BJ was not past his prime when he fought Nick....Nick basically retired him and just like KJ and Daley fought him at his own game.

BJ was easily past his prime. Daley looks like a killer striker when you look at his resume, but the vast majority of his resume of wins is against below average comp. It's easy to look like that when you're fighting lesser comp.

Noons is the exact same. This is a guy that had a losing record in Strikeforce and the UFC. And no, everyone didn't just take KJ down. He was so afraid of the takedown that he barely did anything on the feet and people just did whatever to him.

perhaps to should watch him knocking Robbie Lawler the fuck out as well.....or putting away Frank Shamrock with a Body shot.

Again, was Robbie some elite fighter at this point? I'm not under the impression he was, and I saw the Shamrock fight. Shamrock was old and looked like shit when Nick beat him.

Koscheck should have been stopped.... not boring and he basically started the end of Kos' career because of incompetent doctors

Alves wasn't boring either but hey, your opinion is your opinion

Fitch was boring? Ok now I know you're just trolling.

I can play your game too. Nick vs Karo - BORING, Nick vs Diego - BORING, Nick vs Sherk - Boring! Common denominator - Diaz. THIS GAME IS SO FUN!

I agree to disagree with you about everything and move on.
Watching Kos eat jabs for 25 minutes was exciting?

That is not what ur OP implies, TS.
U just fucked up and changed ur mind.
I mean really... blaming a GSP opponent for the fight being boring? GSP has been playing it super safe since that italian midget made pizza doe out of him.
U even blamed him that Carlos ran? descusion over.

It actually does. The only fights I mentioned were recent UFC fights. The original post mentioned his Strikeforce run and says he hasn't been entertaining since leaving. It's not my fault that you couldn't put 2 and 2 together. But Diaz fans aren't exactly known for their intelligence. Yes, I am blaming Nick Diaz for the GSP fight being boring. If you can't stay off your back, you're not a real MMA fighter, and Nick barely tried to escape. He laid their like a dead fish, which makes sense for someone who plays it safe and fights just for the money (I'm talking about Diaz).

Watching Kos eat jabs for 25 minutes was exciting?

It was boring? GSP broke his eye socket and it should have been a TKO victory but the doctor skipped full retard and went straight to potato.

Anderson Silva - Nick goofed around the entire time. The highlight of the fight was him laying down on the canvas.

Georges St. Pierre - Nick couldn't do anything in this fight. He had absolutely nothing to offer GSP.

Carlos Condit - Nick plodded forward, made obscene gestures, and cried about Condit running from him. Nothing happened.

BJ Penn - This is the only mildly entertaining fight he's had since leaving Strikeforce and it was against an over-the-hill fighter.

Why do people want to see Nick Diaz fight so badly? He shows up for a paycheck. That's it.
He is entertaining you do realize he has more than four mma fights right?

He is entertaining you do realize he has more than four mma fights right?

Ya don't say?

If he hasn't been entertaining for three straight fights, how he is an entertaining fighter exactly? That's the equivalent of the idiots that kept calling Rampage Jackson a knockout artist as he kept racking up decisions. Clay Guida had entertaining fights in the past. That doesn't make him an entertaining fighter now. Nick Diaz is boring in the ring and unintelligible outside of it. No good aspects whatsoever.

how he is an entertaining fighter exactly? .

Because he is!

The condit fight pissed people off,but seeing Nick meam mug condit as he chased him all around the octagon WAS entertaining for me. Can the man lose a fight and it still be fun to watch? it was for me. Because Condit figured nick out,and Nick was still trying to get him,resorting to everything he could. GSP fight was entertaining too because he roughed GSP up a few times,and tried to keep fighting after the bell in one of the rounds. Him lying on the floor against anderson was great. Maybe he isnt as effective since becominga part time fighter,but im still up for seeing him compete,and what he will do next. He is a national mma treasure,and we should be grateful to get to watch him,even in fights like the Anderson one. It wasnt brilliant,but it was worth doing.

He is an entertaining fighter who comes to fight.

But

He gets frustrated very easily when fighters don't just back themselves against the cage to be punched. Granted he fought 3 elusive guys in a row. Put him against Lawler or Cerrone or someone like that. Someone who will be happy to plant their feet and fight back.

Most people WON'T stand with Daley and come out on top. The reason for this is that Daley is a damn effective striker. As in, Daley's striking is better than that of nearly everyone else.

Diaz stood with him, by choice or not, and fucking finished him.

Diaz beat an elite striker at his own game. The way he beat him is what counts.

It's okay if you don't like Diaz, I don't either. Just don't let it blind you.

Daley is a better striker than almost everyone else?

L-O-fucking-L

Have you even seen the guy fight? He basically just fires power hooks until he gasses in the first round, if he hasn't been tapped out by some C level opponent by then. The only reason he looks impressive is because he's spent 98% of his career knocking out regional competition nobodies.

Stop trying to pretend he's Rumble. He's nowhere even close. A WW Brett Rogers would be a more fair comparison.

Every strickforce fight was a goddamn war and fight of the year contendor. Also, shut up.

This makes no sense.....GSP fought and imposed that style on multiple people. The common factor is GSP. GSP has been boring since he lost his first title shot and he got even more "safe" after Matt Serra. The way that fight went was all GSP. He's a legend for being able to impose that style but the boring nature was all him.

Apparently you are as illiterate as Nick. Nowhere in my post did I say anything about Nick being scared.

But thats okay, continue on with your triggered knee jerk reaction.

Also a common factor is Nick Diaz. Who didnt do fuck all against GSP.... or action fighter Anderson Silva... or action fighter Carlos Condit. The reason? Because elite competition can easily beat him without it being a dogfight. That's why he gets in dogfights with B and C level competition.... because that's what he is.

Back