Nick Diaz in Reebok gear at fighter portraits with top 5 alltime rapper Ghostface Killah

NOBODY thinks Rza is better than Deck - where the hell is he in this thread??

sidenote - lol when the pecking order of the Wu is more interesting/relevant than Diaz on a mma forum

90's hip hop discussion way more interesting than discussing why Nick Diaz is wearing a gifted Reebok hoodie ( laundry day ) and sporting Herp.

{<diva} .

That's nowhere near a Wu Tang album. Good album but not Wu. Do you think Fred Durst is honorary Wu since he did a song with Method Man<LikeReally5>
Lol damn son how you gonna ether me like that?
At least I said it shouldn't be counted as a Wu album... I just needed an excuse to mention it lol
And if we are counting solo albums it's at least half a wu album so whatever

the few tracks he actually did off 8 mile were good. recovery and relapse both had a few decent tracks. and i did like bad meets evil

No Apologies from The Re-Up was maybe his best post 8-Mile song, but he wrote that in 2000 and just released it in 2006

Ghostface and GZA are the two most consistent.

Method Man has the best guest verses but not the best solo stuff.

Raekwon has the best album (top 2 with Liquid Swords) but a lot of OBFCL is on the strength of Ghost

RZA is the backbone and one of the GOAT producers

ODB was great but talent wise he wasn't on the level of the ones mentioned above

Inspectah, U-God and Masta Killa just round out the group. They all have their moments but to pretend any of them hold a candle to Ghostface is hilarious.

IMO of course.

Solid logic besides GZA being consistent.

I love Em. But his problem has always been when he gets too carried away with his cadence. He even admitted as such on I think the "Recovery" album I wanna say.
i've heard several interviews on the rappers/producers Em has worked with all saying how meticulous he is in the studio, how he's a perfectionist

what i can't understand is why his hooks and choruses are so bad. (recently, at least, IMO) I like listening to his wordplay and some of his beats, even the ones he produces, are pretty dope. then the hook hits and i need to turn it down. it sound like he half-asses it and throws it together.

anyway wlll always respect him for his old shit. would listen to rock bottom on repeat when i was broke as hell and trying to stay positive.

I really like some of Methods solo stuff. But that could be because he was the most commercial and I heard more of him growing up.
I've always thought it falls a bit flat, especially when I can name double digit songs that he absolutely steals the spot light on either as a guest verse or just Wu Tang songs. especially when he teams up with Redman they just get a bit silly for my liking.

SImilar to how Tyler the Creator always had tons of talent but I never cared to listen until Flower Boy... and Flower Boy was the best album of 2017

sidenote - lol when the pecking order of the Wu is more interesting/relevant than Diaz on a mma forum
In fairness, Nick Diaz doesn’t belong in the UFC Forum anyway.

Solid logic besides GZA being consistent.
lol I see your point he does have some fairly low lows but he has a handful of great albums. If I ranked the top 10 wu tang solo albums he and Ghost probably make up 50% of the list or more. That's why I pair them together at the top.

If my life was on the line and I needed one human on Earth to put together a sick verse to save me somehow GZA would be near the list of people I would come to. The Genius name is no joke he has some of the most creative songs and lines you'll ever hear that just leave you shaking your head

Rap music has evolved into more intelligent and socially conscious music than rock n roll... just because some rap music is made for commercial reasons doesn’t mean that there is nothing of value out there

.....literally nothing you just wrote is in any way true.

I've always thought it falls a bit flat, especially when I can name double digit songs that he absolutely steals the spot light on either as a guest verse or just Wu Tang songs. especially when he teams up with Redman they just get a bit silly for my liking.

The track New Wu immediately comes to mind. Method absolutely steals the show despite it being a group effort.

The only good thing to come out of Relapse was “Insane”. And that’s only for comedic and entertaining reasons.
Do i like Relapse, no! But technically speaking it shits all over the VERY lyrically basic Recovery. It was the most multi's Em had used on an album since Infinite

Do i like Relapse, no! But technically speaking it shits all over the VERY lyrically basic Recovery. It was the most multi's Em had used on an album since Infinite
Recovery I thought had some more catchy commercial type songs on it though. I enjoyed listening to recovery more. Used to play it at the beach and at parties. So Bad and some other songs were pretty good I thought.

Tons of rappers are rapping and giving social commentary. I'd say moreso than rock and roll bands in 2018. What rock and roll bands have a deep message? I could give you 100 rap songs from the last 2-3 years that have an impactful message on modern day society.

If you don't think there is any conscious hip-hop of value out there, then you just don't listen to the genre. It's all good, I love all music and every genre has their commercial BS and their deeper, more meaningful music.

Recently Kendrick Lamar
But give a listen to Black Star, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Kanye West, The Roots, The Fugees, Nas, Run the Jewels (highly recommended)
Even a mainstream rapper like Logic performed an anti-suicide song at the Grammy's.

I'm not saying you have to enjoy hip-hop... but please acknowledge that there is meaningful, important, conscious music coming from the genre; even if a lot of what Is heard is mindless BS...
talib kweli was introduced to me in junior high. dude brought in talib's lyrics to "for women" to music class where we had to present an artist and why we liked them. changed my entire perspective of hip hop.

Raekwon
Rza
Ghost
Gza
Method

Strictly speaking on a lyrical basis. Method clearly the most famous and successful sans Rza. Ghost easily puts out the most work though.
I think most people who have musical taste would give it to Rza, I don't even like Wu Tang and I'd pull for Rza.

Back