Nick Diaz in Reebok gear at fighter portraits with top 5 alltime rapper Ghostface Killah

We just disagree on Pun, no big deal... I’m familiar with the album but it’s been a while so I’ll have to go back and listen. Thanks for bringing it up!

Yeah no doubt and don't take any offense I just tend to like arguing . It's all opinion at the end of the day. I just was so blown away with the album. Used to get blazed and just listen to it the whole way through. It's like a movie. Never heard another rapper use imagery as well as priest. It's his greatest skill.

Last edited:
Lol
Gza
Meth
Raekwon/Ghostface
Dirty
You have Dirty over Rza? And you said Ghost barely makes top 5, but you can't decide if its him or Rae in the 4 spots you listed? You didn't grow up my era then, as those of us who actually attended Wu concerts in the early-mid 90s, would say it's more along the lines of Rae, GZA Ghost, RZA, and Method Man.. Shyheim had better lyrics then Ol Dirty.

Oh dear, a mma thread turned into a top 5 rappers thread on sherdog
grandpasimpsonturning.gif

Both hands clusty, chillin' wit my man Rusty low down
Blew off the burner kinda dusty
The world can't touch Ghost, purple tape Rae co-host

<5><5><5>

You have Dirty over Rza? And you said Ghost barely makes top 5, but you can't decide if its him or Rae in the 4 spots you listed? You didn't grow up my era then, as those of us who actually attended Wu concerts in the early-mid 90s, would say it's more along the lines of Rae, GZA Ghost, RZA, and Method Man.. Shyheim had better lyrics then Ol Dirty.
Jealous of the fact that you’ve attended Wu Concerts... but I’ll play devils advocate by saying ODB had good lyrics but it’s his ridiculous flow that makes him a legend. IMO he is a better rapper than Shyheim AKA the rugged child

Here I go, Deep tight flow, Jacques Cousteau could never get this low, immmm cherry bombin shit, BOOM! Just warming up a little bit vroom vroom

I didn’t rank Rza. I’d probably put himabove Ghost too. So that’s pushing Ghostface down to 4 or 5. So yeah, BARELY making the top 5. Definitely NOT too 5 all-time. And yeah I did attend a Wu concert. They performed with Rage. It was sick. My boy went off on his own and got knocked out in the crowd

And Dogshit was a masterpiece. He may deserve the #1 spot for that track alone.

It's all opinion and I can see someone putting ghost face as top 5

Rapping isn't only about bars. Voice, flow, delivery, emotion..etc all count and ghost showcases more emotion has a more diverse delivery and flow and has a more dynamic voice than gza. Ghost face is the better overall rapper than gza. Gza is actually kind of a boring listen.
It's all subjective. We can agree to like them differently for different reasons. But not an album ghost put out is better than liquid swords.

It's all subjective. We can agree to like them differently for different reasons. But not an album ghost put out is better than liquid swords.

Hey i agree with that. Liquid swords was great from a production to lyrical standpoint. Great imagery. That was one of rzas greatest jobs as a producer. Take cold world for example. The way he plays the sample of the wind blowing as the song kicks in was money.

giphy.gif

these movies are ...excellent :p

Jesus. This thread reminds me of this site I used to frequent from 1999-2006: Rapmusic.com.

Back