Nice video

joe should dry out and stop blazing for a week, get his mind right

Well, to be fair Ronda WAS probably the biggest star the ufc has ever had prior to Conor.

A lot of things he said are what you'd expect him to say as a promoter himself.

Was some of what he said and how he acted geunine? sure. He's had her on the podcast twice and they're probably friends.

I think people are getting a bit carried away with this though and forget Joe Is an employee of the UFC and a promoter himself.

Countless examples throughout the years of him exaggerating and overhyping fighters.

Dana Is guilty of it too. On some level i feel It needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

i think on some level people are so blinded by their profound hatred of rousey to be objective

Roy Jones Jr respects the hands of Ronda Rousey.

So does Derrick Lewis.

He'll say "Khabib and Tony are THE two very best 155 pounders on the planet. These guys are on a huge roll and will bring 2 unique styles into one of the most anticipated fights in UFC history."
And it'll be the closest thing to the truth he's said in years, as far as hyping fights.

I've updated the opening post. How could i forget those...

The guy's a stand up comedian, give him a break.

He doesn't seem able to remember anything that's ever happened in the past which is why he thinks so many fighters are the best ever, blame the drugs not the man.

Wow you put a lot of effort into this.

D'arrrrG! I'm a white belt and I thought I had something funny to say, but i'm too drunk. I"M 35 you are all twirps. FACkkkk I thought I bouhht a gfsast computer fucking yhou

To be fair, Rousey was super dominant. She was submitting people at will it seemed.

"I’m the master of hyperbole" tho.
<DrakeLaugh>

Poor joe , when he is hanging around his cronies that know fudge all about mma like joey diaz he can say what he likes and they will lap it up. I think he forgets sometimes and that bleeds over into his public appearances.

Credit to TS nice work on collating his bullshit on ronda.

The guy's a stand up comedian, give him a break.

He doesn't seem able to remember anything that's ever happened in the past which is why he thinks so many fighters are the best ever, blame the drugs not the man.

This is a great thread. I'm just happy my life isn't recorded nor am I famous. I'm sure I say a lot of stupid shit. It's just Joe puts it out there. If I know I'm being recorded I would at least make an effort NOT to say something stupid and make an ass of myself. He could have just said Ronda is a great fighter and the best in the division. (At the time) instead he called her a mythical creature, historical figure, a hero, could beat make BW fighters, etc. I honestly believe that Rogan helped Ronda believe in her own hype. He was in the driver's seat with the Ronda hype train. Dude was overboard. Like more so than even Dana.

The Saga starts out with these:

It continues to this:

His first documented response to resistance of his hype happens just after the Bethe Correia fight

And then just prior to the Nunes fight:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hyperomar/status/810317190650097664
https://mobile.twitter.com/joerogan/status/810318079536275456

Later Rogan defends his "best ever" statement with:
"It was a long time ago..It was a long time ago..."

After the Nunes fight: “I made the mistake of saying — hyperbole, I’m the master of hyperbole, I exaggerate all the time — I was like, ‘She could probably beat half the men bantamweights in the UFC.’ No, that’s definitely not true. I shouldn’t have said it at the time. Now, it’s definitely not true. She could beat a few, that aren’t good outside the sport. "

I'm quoting just so I can find the info later. Fools like Rogan are seldom held to their track record. Well done TS.

"MMA fans need to know that the Rousey hype to actual talent deficit was a monumental canyon, no make that a once in a lifetime chasm, that will likely never be seen again !"

Joseph Rogan

The Saga starts out with these:

It continues to this:

His first documented response to resistance of his hype happens just after the Bethe Correia fight

And then just prior to the Nunes fight:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hyperomar/status/810317190650097664
https://mobile.twitter.com/joerogan/status/810318079536275456

Later Rogan defends his "best ever" statement with:
"It was a long time ago..It was a long time ago..."

After the Nunes fight: “I made the mistake of saying — hyperbole, I’m the master of hyperbole, I exaggerate all the time — I was like, ‘She could probably beat half the men bantamweights in the UFC.’ No, that’s definitely not true. I shouldn’t have said it at the time. Now, it’s definitely not true. She could beat a few, that aren’t good outside the sport. "

Go get some fresh air TS haha

Back