Nice one

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by MeatPlow, Jul 6, 2017.

1. MeatPlow Orange Belt

MeatPlow
    JauntyAngle, chubbman, ericaz and 5 others like this.
  2. Fahcough Brown Belt

Fahcough
    Burn em down. Bro-bump for squatting

Is that a building off the ground or upstairs room?

MeatPlow likes this.
  3. MeatPlow Orange Belt

MeatPlow
    Its a 16' x 32' insulated panel building. It is off the ground on block. I told the company I got it from what I was going to be doing in it and they reinforced the floor joists and doubled the ply-wood on the floor. I got for $5300 built on site.

its a bit warm in the summer and I mean a steam bath. I put a black out blind overt the window and it helped a ton. In the winter its awesome, got natural gas heat. Man I used to freeze my ass off in the old barn. Lifted when it was down in the teens bundled up like Randy on the Christmas Story.

Didn't think I'd ever run out of room but when I added 10' x 10' grappling mats things got tight.

pretty good view when I first moved my equipment in.

NurseKnuckles, corpse and Fahcough like this.
  4. Fahcough Brown Belt

Fahcough
    Hellova set up. They turn into sauna in summer but dripping sweat makes it worth another set.

I wasn't sure if it was platformed because of that familiar floor shake on squats. Tried doing repetitive power jumps and it was like a spring board, killed the rhythm. 16ft gives you plenty of extra floor space and you're right, they always look big enough emptied on 1st site. :cool:

MeatPlow likes this.
  5. LatFlare EADC

LatFlare
    Fuck yeah dawg!

6. MeatPlow Orange Belt

MeatPlow
    Had a 2 week vacation from lifting with 9 days of it spent park hopping at Disney World. In the heat and going from day light to dark is an ass buster down there. I didn't feel the best last night especially with it so hot and humid in the building. I worked up and hit a decent single followed up with 242.5lbs for 25 reps. That one has put the hit on me along with the heat. I don't feel to good this morning, maybe caught a little heat exhaustion. Anyway, getting back into the groove to start the new cycle. I think if I would have been feeling a bit better I may have been able to double this.

corpse and Fahcough like this.
  7. chubbman Yellow Card

chubbman
    +1 for starting at the bottom, I do zerchers like this. I think it has great carry over for deadlifts.

MeatPlow likes this.
  8. MeatPlow Orange Belt

MeatPlow
    What kind of rep range do you feel carries over to the deadlifts better?

chubbman likes this.
  9. chubbman Yellow Card

chubbman
    Not so much rep range, I rarely go over 5 reps. I mean exploding up from the bottom.

Breaking off the floor was always my weakness, I've found doing 80%+ squats from the bottom position has helped tremendously with my deadlifts.

Edit 80% or more of 1RM. These are done as singles. Of doubles if I'm felling ballsy

10. MeatPlow Orange Belt

MeatPlow
    With my cycling plan I work up to 85% of my 1RM for a certain amount of singles and then drop back down to lower percentages for sets with rep goals. After I hit the 385 I dropped down and hit 327.5lbs for 2 fast singles. Felt like I could have jumped with the weight.

chubbman likes this.
  11. chubbman Yellow Card

chubbman
    That's interesting, Have you found good strength gainz 'as the kids say' with this approach?

MeatPlow likes this.
  12. MeatPlow Orange Belt

MeatPlow
    Yes, at this stage I have. In 8 weeks time I went from doing 365x1 to 385x1, with another possible rep in the tank, along with going from 315x4 to 315x10 with definitely a few more reps in the gas tank. Its a cycling program based on the approach my uncle taught me but I adjusted it to fit my needs especially at my age. I created it to have an auto-regulating approach built in if one would chose that. I've not used the auto-regulating approach with my squats yet, but I have with the Floor Presses and it works great so far. I am sure their may be adjustments here and there but so far I'm extremely pleased with the way everything is going.

I have a book already written. The meat and potatoes are all in there, just looking to expand it a bit more without creating info overload.

Phlog and chubbman like this.