Nicco Montano not scared of Valentina Shevchenko

Valentina will be soon, don't worry. :)
By devaluating her oponnent, you are not really helping her.
Esparza was favourite in her first title defence. 8 wins streak including TUF, 3-4 years unbeatean,losses only to top 115 lbsers like Fuji, nad Aguilar, then she was beaten by best 115 lbser ever, and has won over current champ Namajunas, who btw got record like 7-3,if I'm correct, so these kinds of posts about records are silly.
Same when you compare Montano with Shevchenko their resumes are pretty similar ,poor with few quality wins, when you compare win/ratio of their oponnent, they are cyboresque. Montano is no joke, and If you think she will lose like that brasilian chick, reality check is waiting for you. Last fight of Shev's confirmed she is pillowfisted, few will respect her power.

By devaluating her oponnent, you are not really helping her.
Esparza was favourite in her first title defence. 8 wins streak including TUF, 3-4 years unbeatean,losses only to top 115 lbsers like Fuji, nad Aguilar, then she was beaten by best 115 lbser ever, and has won over current champ Namajunas, who btw got record like 7-3,if I'm correct, so these kinds of posts about records are silly.
Same when you compare Montano with Shevchenko their resumes are pretty similar ,poor with few quality wins, when you compare win/ratio of their oponnent, they are cyboresque. Montano is no joke, and If you think she will lose like that brasilian chick, reality check is waiting for you. Last fight of Shev's confirmed she is pillowfisted, few will respect her power.

Esparza was the favourite because no one knew how good Claudia was back then. They saw Joanna get a clean decision over Lima (decent journeyman fighter) then struggle in a close fight against Claudia where she got taken down a bunch of times. The assumption was that Carla had better wrestling than Claudia, and would thus be able to grind out Joanna and take the win. However, it was pointed out by people who actually understand wrestling that Carla is actually a shit wrestler compared to Claudia, and the smart folks were not surprised at all when Esparza got wrecked.

Which brings us back to Nicco. She is nowhere close to Valentina in any skill. She might match her in strength & toughness and that's about it, she's not as fast, she's not as coordinated or balanced, and is just a step behind. Seriously, people talk about her fights on TUF as if she were some world class fighter. Did people not watch her fight against Honchak where she was stumbling around off-balance every time she missed a kick and trying to punch her way out of a clinch when she was eating knees and had her posture broken? Or even better, letting Honchak get herself off the fence with an overhook, if you don't know what's wrong with that you don't know wrestling. I went back and watched her TUF fights because people kept raving about how her fights there were so much better than her TUF Finale fight, physically, perhaps, but skill wise they were no better. She has typical WMMA skills, her footwork & balance are lacking, she's constantly breaking her stance and getting her feet out of position, she's a tenacious grappler but again, not particularly skilled. If I'm being generous I might put her around Sarah Kaufman's level, except with worse striking.

Nah, "I don't care" about your opinion.

Valentina is an animal who will toy with Nicco, like I toy with your salty emotions
vwXpBK2.gif
I ain't even mad though so you aren't toying with anything honestly. Just sit back and enjoy the fights, one of us will bump this thread to make sure the other gets their fair share of crow eating :D

I ain't even mad though so you aren't toying with anything honestly. Just sit back and enjoy the fights, one of us will bump this thread to make sure the other gets their fair share of crow eating :D
I won't either way, it's all good little buddy. If you follow MMA you should know already the monster that is Valentina.

giphy.gif

I won't either way, it's all good little buddy. If you follow MMA you should know already the monster that is Valentina.

giphy.gif
Not sure if I'd use the word 'monster' when describing Valentina but I'm not really a fan of hers to begin with. Good at what she does, no doubt but I'm not sold on her like most are for this upcoming fight.

Carla Esparza of 125ers

I know people like to shit on Carla but she beat a lot of legit fighters to win that belt (Rose, Jessica Penne, Tecia Torres and Angela Hill). Just because Joanna is a nightmare matchup for her doesn't mean she's a bad fighter. Carla has been one of the best 115 pound women for a long time, show the cookie monster some respect.

carla-esparza-gif.gif

Val is a beast, but I'm not gonna just start crowning her the champ until she actually wins the title. She hasn't fought at Flyweight in how long? We've seen so many high level fighters that "didn't cut much weight" move down and look like ass, and her crushing a can doesn't change that.

Nicco has some solid hands, is athletic, and pretty tough. Honchak, Murphy, and Roxy are good wins especially at her stage in her career.

I'm not saying I have confidence in Nicco winning this, but I doubt we will see a Cyborg-esque slaughtering going on either.

She fought at flyweight earlier this year without difficulty. Val walks around at 135-136.

Really? Pena would beat the shit out of either one with sheer athleticism despite her lack of skills and Kaufman would at worst be even with Murphy or Honchak in a fight.

3. Kaufman was ranked at #5, Pena and Holm were both ranked at #2. Other than Pena, everyone that Valentina fought at WBW was a champion or former champion in a major organization, and all of them were ranked in the top 5.

2J2Dixn.jpg

iMQGUXh.jpg

zE3wLvz.jpg

Do not confuse his mindless posturing with facts.

There is...
ExchangeMain.gif

...absolutely...
giphy.gif

...nothing...
RemorsefulIdolizedHuia.gif

...to be...
l41Yvxe1YjKuWpRW8.gif

...scared...

...about...
giphy.gif

...homie?
Priscila-Cachoeira-.png
Best female fighter on the planet.

And she knows how to move her hips which is pleasant to watch...

Damn straight. So many think Valentina is going to one-shot KO her for some weird reason. I'm not saying I am right but I believe this fight will be closer than most think and I won't be surprised if Nicco retains.

I am a Shevchenko fan and I have no problem saying Nicco is better than a lot of people give her credit for. Her TUF wins are not counted and they are all against respectable competition. Plus Nicco is damn tough.

Esparza was the favourite because no one knew how good Claudia was back then. They saw Joanna get a clean decision over Lima (decent journeyman fighter) then struggle in a close fight against Claudia where she got taken down a bunch of times. The assumption was that Carla had better wrestling than Claudia, and would thus be able to grind out Joanna and take the win. However, it was pointed out by people who actually understand wrestling that Carla is actually a shit wrestler compared to Claudia, and the smart folks were not surprised at all when Esparza got wrecked.

Which brings us back to Nicco. She is nowhere close to Valentina in any skill. She might match her in strength & toughness and that's about it, she's not as fast, she's not as coordinated or balanced, and is just a step behind. Seriously, people talk about her fights on TUF as if she were some world class fighter. Did people not watch her fight against Honchak where she was stumbling around off-balance every time she missed a kick and trying to punch her way out of a clinch when she was eating knees and had her posture broken? Or even better, letting Honchak get herself off the fence with an overhook, if you don't know what's wrong with that you don't know wrestling. I went back and watched her TUF fights because people kept raving about how her fights there were so much better than her TUF Finale fight, physically, perhaps, but skill wise they were no better. She has typical WMMA skills, her footwork & balance are lacking, she's constantly breaking her stance and getting her feet out of position, she's a tenacious grappler but again, not particularly skilled. If I'm being generous I might put her around Sarah Kaufman's level, except with worse striking.

It wasn't my point about Esparza, Esparza is very decent fighter,with legit losses against Fuji, Aguilar and Jędrzejczyk, with good wins etc. Fighters improve every fight, Nico got fat check after her title fight and with some money invested in training she will improve rapidly. If she is close to Sarah Kaufman, then she got chance for close decision. Carmouche is also "worse fighter" than Shev, still got win over her.
People really try to hard to find similarities between 115 lbs title run and 125 lbs title run.
Montano is not Esparza, Shevchenko is not Jedrzejczyk, and for sure Priscilla is not Gadelha here. Start of 115 lbs was exciting, 125 lbs not really, exactly because of stupid talking like "she is scared", "give her belt' etc.

It wasn't my point about Esparza, Esparza is very decent fighter,with legit losses against Fuji, Aguilar and Jędrzejczyk, with good wins etc. Fighters improve every fight, Nico got fat check after her title fight and with some money invested in training she will improve rapidly. If she is close to Sarah Kaufman, then she got chance for close decision. Carmouche is also "worse fighter" than Shev, still got win over her.

Fighters do not change overnight. Let's take Rose for example, she was at about the same place Nicco is now when she lost her TUF Finale fight to Esparza. As in shitty footwork, poor balance, can't throw combos without tripping over her own feet. It took her until the Karolina fight before she could throw a combo without breaking her stance, that's what, 2 years and 4 fights before she got her basics sorted out and I'd argue that she was a more talented fighter at the start of her career than Nicco is. She's also at the same gym that Condit started out at so I doubt fundamentals are something that's heavily emphasized there, and she needs them, badly.

As for Valentina's fight against Kaufman, that fight was only close because one of the judges was the lovechild of Adelaide Byrde and Cecil Peoples, either that or he was as dumb as you are. And the Carmouche fight was a questionable cut stoppage.

Back