NHL Post-Season Discussion: Version Who Are We Kidding?

Who Wins It All?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gardiner is going to take a lot of shit for that game and rightfully so. Fucking shocking performance, honestly one of the worst I've ever seen in a big game from any player ever.

But it's the surrounding pieces that are the real issue.

Polak is shit, Dermott was great when he burst on the scene but didn't have a great series, Hainsey looked every bit of 37 since he came back from injury and Zaitsev has been a shell of himself for months

Top that off with a Morgan Rielly playing bleeding and fucked up and this is what you get

Priority number 1 over the summer has got to be getting some functional right handed defensemen in. Zaitsev, off wing Hainsey and Polak sure as shit isn't going to cut it

Replace Bozak with a new 3C and then just shop RHDs. Do that effectively and the Leafs will be killers next year. Don't, and expect the same shit again next April

Gardiner is going to take a lot of shit for that game and rightfully so. Fucking shocking performance, honestly one of the worst I've ever seen in a big game from any player ever.

But it's the surrounding pieces that are the real issue.

Polak is shit, Dermott was great when he burst on the scene but didn't have a great series, Hainsey looked every bit of 37 since he came back from injury and Zaitsev has been a shell of himself for months

Top that off with a Morgan Rielly playing bleeding and fucked up and this is what you get

Priority number 1 over the summer has got to be getting some functional right handed defensemen in. Zaitsev, off wing Hainsey and Polak sure as shit isn't going to cut it

Replace Bozak with a new 3C and then just shop RHDs. Do that effectively and the Leafs will be killers next year. Don't, and expect the same shit again next April

polak was +3 -- phaneu...errr... i mean gardiner was -5. MINUS PHIVE!!!!

Embarrassing third period.

Andersen has another year to get out of his streaky phase, and if not, he can fuck off too. Two of the three goals in the 3rd were Rec League quality. You ain't winning shit with that goaltending. Let's not forget Games 1 & 2, where he could've been a difference maker.

Get to work Lou and Shanni. This shit ain't gonna cut it.

They dont make it past game 5 without Freddie -- he had a shaky 3rd but he was by far and away their best player in the playoffs and arguably this season -- he had 136 more shots against him than any other goalie and still was 4th in wins.

also, keeping jvr was a massive mistake -- he could've brought in a lot of pieces for a major trade to bolster that shit blueline.

Andersen was arguably the Leafs MVP this season. There's bigger holes to fix than him.

Obviously, but he's still streaky, and it leads to games like tonight. All he has to do is stop that clear as day point shot in the 3rd, and it's a different game. Shoddy defense aside, how did that 5th one go in? Those goals CRUSH a team.

I'm nickle and diming here, but in the playoffs you have to play better than that.

Overall though, they have to improve their D. It's just plain awful.

I want to die

But only after I kill everyone

This defense was never even close to good enough. Polak gone, Hainsey, gone, Zaitsev, gone.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

They dont make it past game 5 without Freddie

-- he had a shaky 3rd but he was by far and away their best player in the playoffs and arguably this season -- he had 136 more shots against him than any other goalie and still was 4th in wins.

Meh. I'm still not completely sold on the guy.

They dont make it past game 5 without Freddie -- he had a shaky 3rd but he was by far and away their best player in the playoffs and arguably this season -- he had 136 more shots against him than any other goalie and still was 4th in wins.

He had a good year, but those two stats aren't really related. In fact, I'd expect a positive correlation if anything.

He had a good year, but those two stats aren't really related. In fact, I'd expect a positive correlation if anything.

you expect the goalie who had the most shots woudl correlate with the most wins? Most games played, sure -- but def not most shots against.

you expect the goalie who had the most shots woudl correlate with the most wins? Most games played, sure -- but def not most shots against.

I would expect a positive correlation between total shots faced, total wins and total games played.

I would expect a positive correlation between total shots faced, total wins and total games played.

why? i mean wins and gp, sure -- but shots against doesnt correlate with wins unless you are really good. He faced almost 200 more shots than talbot or hellebuyck

why? i mean wins and gp, sure -- but shots against doesnt correlate with wins unless you are really do

I would expect a stronger correlation between games played and shots faced, and games played and wins, but still a positive (though probably weaker) one between total shots faced and total wins.

but still a positive (though probably weaker) one between total shots faced and total wins.

but why? You think a goalie that faces a lot of shots has a better chance of winning? Only 3 teams that had a higher shots against than for had a playoff entrance.

but why? You think a goalie that faces a lot of shots has a better chance of winning? Only 3 teams that had a higher shots against than for had a playoff entrance.

No. But it's a logical error to draw that from what I'm saying.

Anyway, I'll just pick a random year. 1990-91.

Wins leaders:
1. Belfour
2. Vernon
3. Cheveldae
4. Riendeau
5. Ranford
6. Barrasso
7. Hrudey
8. Roy
9. Moog

Shots faced leaders:
1. Belfour
2. Tugnutt
3. Cheveldae
4. Ing
5. Ranford
6. Barrasso
7. Healy
8. Essensa
9. Casey
10. Vernon

Certainly not 1:1, but a fair degree of overlap.

No. But it's a logical error to draw that from what I'm saying.

Anyway, I'll just pick a random year. 1990-91.

Wins leaders:
1. Belfour
2. Vernon
3. Cheveldae
4. Riendeau
5. Ranford
6. Barrasso
7. Hrudey
8. Roy
9. Moog

Shots faced leaders:
1. Belfour
2. Tugnutt
3. Cheveldae
4. Ing
5. Ranford
6. Barrasso
7. Healy
8. Essensa
9. Casey
10. Vernon

Certainly not 1:1, but a fair degree of overlap.

But show games played -- thats a far more indicative of a correlation -- Andersen facing nearly 150 more shots while not even playing the most games, on a team that has a negative shot ratio shows that he had a really good year. not sure what other metrics that would top it -- sub 3 gaa?

Guess i am not sure that im completely clear on your point -- that more shots = more games = more wins? Sure. But, look into just how many more shots he had compared to the 7/8 goalies who had the same amount of games

But show games played -- thats a far more indicative of a correlation -- Andersen facing nearly 150 more shots while not even playing the most games, on a team that has a negative shot ratio shows that he had a really good year. not sure what other metrics that would top it -- sub 3 gaa?

Guess i am not sure that im completely clear on your point -- that more shots = more games = more wins? Sure. But, look into just how many more shots he had compared to the 7/8 goalies who had the same amount of games

Well, I did say I would expect a stronger positive correlation there. That doesn't mean there isn't still a positive one between total shots faced and total wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back