NHL Post-Season Discussion: Version Who Are We Kidding?

Who Wins It All?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did damn good spoiling Detroit's push for a back to back over the Pens..and Crosby got all the credit. Still angry for that...
That Lidstrom wrister in the final seconds is still the closest my heart has come to stopping watching hockey, but Fleury was all over it. To be fair, the knock on Fleury was never his skill, it was his consistency. He has played lights out this season though, I'm very happy for him. Penguins-Vegas final would be sweeeet.

its tough having moved so many times. i grew up in detroit, and therefore those are all my teams to this day. But i moved from there in 1984. then (among other places) i lived in nashville when they got the predators. i even worked for them for three years (sat behind the penalty box babysitting players making sure the fans didnt get out of line). now i am here for Vegas doing all this.

Red Wings are still my team, and I love the Predators, but what am I supposed to do with this Vegas team>?

Well, the Wings and Preds are in separate conferences now, so that helps. Nashville can be your West team, and Vegas can be that team you cheer for if they aren't playing the above two. As long as you remember where your roots are I think people are blessed to have connections to multiple teams, it means you get to enjoy the sport as a whole more...and suffer more come playoff time. Wheee!

Very impressed with the Knights so far, especially that top line and Fleury but...

We all know the Queens struggle to score, we all know they're slow as fuck and Vegas are very fast and we all know they've been on the decline for a while

For an expansion team if their run ends now it's still one of the most impressive years of hockey I've seen in a long time but I think the Sharks matchup is the one where we see if they're a true contender or not

They need to get Karlsson, Marchessault, and Tatar (if he plays) scoring if they're going to beat the Sharks. I think it will be a more open series, not by much, but enough that both teams are going to need to take some risks to win. It's great if your less played guys win you a series, but your stars need to do their thing in the later rounds.

Still a great year for them, gonna be hard to top next year.

They need to get Karlsson, Marchessault, and Tatar (if he plays) scoring if they're going to beat the Sharks. I think it will be a more open series, not by much, but enough that both teams are going to need to take some risks to win. It's great if your less played guys win you a series, but your stars need to do their thing in the later rounds.

Still a great year for them, gonna be hard to top next year.

I thought Karlsson, Smith and Marchessault looked good from what I saw. The Kings are just a tough team to score on when they go into playoff mode and did a good job of locking them down. Going up against perennial selke candidate Kopitar probably didn't help much

I think they'll do fine against the Sharks and put up some points. Enough to win? Not sure about that but I think they'll do well

I agree it's going to be a much more enjoyable to watch, faster paced and open series. And I favour the Sharks in a track meet especially with how they've been burning the Ducks but I definitely give Vegas a shot from what I've seen and what the numbers from the regular season suggest

The Caps are assholes, giving their fans a false sense of hope. At least the Jackets don't get rewarded with a bye for tanking the last two games of the season to avoid the Pens.

Nevertheless a fun game.

The Caps will win the series. It's tradition that they exit the playoffs in the 2nd round.

they must be waiting as long as possible to Jumbo him back

but yea, knights look unbeatable

That Lidstrom wrister in the final seconds is still the closest my heart has come to stopping watching hockey, but Fleury was all over it. To be fair, the knock on Fleury was never his skill, it was his consistency. He has played lights out this season though, I'm very happy for him. Penguins-Vegas final would be sweeeet.

Well, the Wings and Preds are in separate conferences now, so that helps. Nashville can be your West team, and Vegas can be that team you cheer for if they aren't playing the above two. As long as you remember where your roots are I think people are blessed to have connections to multiple teams, it means you get to enjoy the sport as a whole more...and suffer more come playoff time. Wheee!
yea, i think the wings will always be first. but ultimately i think i will take Vegas over Nashville. I was only living in Nashville for 4 years and I have been in Las Vegas for more than 10. And since I didn't start with Nashville, I won't feel as bad moving them down the list. I will just feel bad rooting against them from time to time.

As long as I never move to Chicago, I will be ok

I thought Karlsson, Smith and Marchessault looked good from what I saw. The Kings are just a tough team to score on when they go into playoff mode and did a good job of locking them down. Going up against perennial selke candidate Kopitar probably didn't help much

I think they'll do fine against the Sharks and put up some points. Enough to win? Not sure about that but I think they'll do well

I agree it's going to be a much more enjoyable to watch, faster paced and open series. And I favour the Sharks in a track meet especially with how they've been burning the Ducks but I definitely give Vegas a shot from what I've seen and what the numbers from the regular season suggest

They've definitely been great in their zone and controlling the flow of play, it's just that when you're watching a marathon like they had in Game 2 you really start wishing a top guy would find a way to break through for the goal. Vegas has been winning as a team though, and that's their strength. Sharks series is going to go 7 or a strong 6, both teams play quick possession games. Pacific is great other than the Cucks rolling over.

The Caps will win the series. It's tradition that they exit the playoffs in the 2nd round.

Yeah losing to CBJ won't be heartbreaking enough it will just make Caps fans think their run as a good team is over and they'll resign themselves to that fate. Caps only lose in heartbreaking fashion

And given the pessimism of their fan base this year that means beating Columbus, playing the Pens, going up at minimum 2 games to none or 3 to 1 and then losing 7-1 in game 7 with Crosby scoring 5 goals and beating Ovi in a fight, and Malkin dropping a deuce at centre ice on the logo

Ducks reverse sweep starts tonight.

200w.gif

Yeah losing to CBJ won't be heartbreaking enough it will just make Caps fans think their run as a good team is over and they'll resign themselves to that fate. Caps only lose in heartbreaking fashion

And given the pessimism of their fan base this year that means beating Columbus, playing the Pens, going up at minimum 2 games to none or 3 to 1 and then losing 7-1 in game 7 with Crosby scoring 5 goals and beating Ovi in a fight, and Malkin dropping a deuce at centre ice on the logo
Thst sounds almost perfect, just utter silence as Geno pinches off an Orlov at center ice. Shocked parents in worn Kolzig jerseys covering their children's eyes.

They've definitely been great in their zone and controlling the flow of play, it's just that when you're watching a marathon like they had in Game 2 you really start wishing a top guy would find a way to break through for the goal. Vegas has been winning as a team though, and that's their strength. Sharks series is going to go 7 or a strong 6, both teams play quick possession games. Pacific is great other than the Cucks rolling over.

Yeah they are missing that game breaking talent for sure. And the Pens have shown the last few years that having that can overcome a whole lot of flaws. But they might be the deepest team in the NHL as crazy as that sounds. Even Engelland has been solid this year, they just don't have lines or pairings to attack. And Fleury is hot right now and we all know when he gets on a streak he can carry a team far in the playoffs on his own.

Honestly can't wait for that Sharks series it's going to be incredible. Tough one to call too. I wanna say Sharks because Joe seems close to coming back but who knows honestly

Dude. There needs to me MAJOR changes in both coaching and "veteran leadership" this offseason for the Flyers. This is a Goddamn motherfucking joke.

How the fuck can a motherfucking team have 4 defensive zone turnovers in the first fucking 2 minutes of a game? ITS THE GODDAMN NHL YOU IDIOTS!

All that pressure, all that time... all those chances... nothing.....

One counterrush..... goal. Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back