NHL Post-Season Discussion V.2: Get Your Licks In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lazy defense lost us the bulk of games this series.
Miss you daley.

Congratulations Caps.

Just don't get ahead of yourselves.

Oof. Grats to the Caps they deserved it. Just were a little better overall and seemed fresher and more aggressive. Lost count on how many breakaways and odd man rushed the Pens gave up. They deserved to lose Holtby might be #2 after Fleury in the CS rankings now, he's been terrific and saved their asses in both series. A broken clock is right twice a day.

Lightning going to smoke them either way(would've smoked the Pens too)

Viva Las Vegas

Great game, that post in overtime made me yell so loud. Shame the Pens are out, but I kinda missed just rooting as a fan of good hockey. Caps-Bolts is a great matchup, and whichever team wins now I'll be pretty happy. Hope the Pens have a nice summer at their cottages and rest up for next season, this team can contend next year if the defense tightens up. This series should have gone 7, but it was about time the Caps sealed the deal. I don't think they get past the Lightning, but Ovie has broken a couple curses tonight.

Oof. Grats to the Caps they deserved it. Just were a little better overall and seemed fresher and more aggressive. Lost count on how many breakaways and odd man rushed the Pens gave up. They deserved to lose Holtby might be #2 after Fleury in the CS rankings now, he's been terrific and saved their asses in both series. A broken clock is right twice a day.

Lightning going to smoke them either way(would've smoked the Pens too)

Viva Las Vegas

Yeah, having to face the Lightning is a hell of a reward. I personally had Pittsburgh losing to Tampa or Boston, I kinda hope Ovie just goes nuts on them.

Dco-ubxWkAAUFQJ.jpg

Yeah, having to face the Lightning is a hell of a reward. I personally had Pittsburgh losing to Tampa or Boston, I kinda hope Ovie just goes nuts on them.
Yea even in my bracket I had the Pens losing to the Lightning. A Tampa-Vegas/Jets Finals is going to be epic. Ovie wont go nuts on them, he doesn't have it in him. He's been good though. Seems like it's the Caps greatest moment ever by their reactions(the fans mainly)

You know, it might actually be their year. Everyone counted them out because of their past, and they're silently cruising through right now. I could see Vegas getting into the finals, and the Caps just steamrolling them.

Congrats to the Caps for finally getting over the Cindy hump lol

You know, it might actually be their year. Everyone counted them out because of their past, and they're silently cruising through right now. I could see Vegas getting into the finals, and the Caps just steamrolling them.
I think every team left has strengths and weaknesses to be exploited. It should be a great Final regardless. I predicted Tampa>Nashville but I'm hoping for X v. Vegas.

Sp fucking happy Pittsburgh lost.

Rinne having a great bounce back game.

I think this one is going 7 dammit.

This loss is completely on the Jets. Didn't come out with enough urgency. Not hard on the puck for the whole entire first. 3 pps in the first period and couldn't get a single good chance. Zero heart to start the game fucked them.

Rooting for the Jets but I think they might be fucked in Game 7.

Congrats to the Caps. They definitely carried the play overall. I think Malkin and Kessel were shells of their healthy selves that series which may have changed things, but the Caps won that game without Backstrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back