NHL Post-Season Discussion V.2: Get Your Licks In

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Las Vegas Golden Friggin Knights are 1 win away from the SCF. Amazing.

The Las Vegas Golden Friggin Knights are 1 win away from the SCF. Amazing.

Insane. How Fleury has resurrected himself as a top goaltender has to be the story of the playoffs.

I have been a Knights fan from the beginning. I don't want to jinx them, but I really hope my wait for a Stanley Cup final can be over. Us loyal fans deserve to finally have a winner

Lol wow. Winnipeg is having to work so much harder to score, almost feel bad for them.

Knights vs Caps final with Ovi scoring the OT winner in game 7 would be perfect.

Make it happen bettman

I have been a Knights fan from the beginning. I don't want to jinx them, but I really hope my wait for a Stanley Cup final can be over. Us loyal fans deserve to finally have a winner
All longsuffering Golden Knights fans deserve this. Sticking with them through thick and thin looks to be paying off. Congrats bro.

All longsuffering Golden Knights fans deserve this. Sticking with them through thick and thin looks to be paying off. Congrats bro.
thanks man. we do deserve this. there were times when we thought that maybe we might never even make the playoffs. but sticking with them has paid off!

lmao at some of the reactions I'm seeing about Vegas and the possibility of them winning a cup.

"Put an asterik beside it because that expansion draft let the Knights create a SUPER TEAM" -Dumb Jets fan on FB #23754

lmao at some of the reactions I'm seeing about Vegas and the possibility of them winning a cup.

"Put an asterik beside it because that expansion draft let the Knights create a SUPER TEAM" -Dumb Jets fan on FB #23754

You didn't know? Everyone knew a guy who scored six goals last year was going to score 43 this year. And a goalie considered washed up was going to play like Vezina candidate again. There was a giant conspiracy to let people go to make Vegas into a super team.

To be fair, they did get a LOT in this expansion draft, especially being able to get draft picks for promises not to pick players.

I never thought they would be bad, but I never thought they'd be anywhere near this good.

To be fair, they did get a LOT in this expansion draft, especially being able to get draft picks for promises not to pick players.

I never thought they would be bad, but I never thought they'd be anywhere near this good.
Draft picks don't really help them this year though. I didn't think they'd be as bad as some people, but I thought they'd be a lottery team for sure. We're watching some Miracle on Ice chemistry shit here.

Draft picks don't really help them this year though. I didn't think they'd be as bad as some people, but I thought they'd be a lottery team for sure. We're watching some Miracle on Ice chemistry shit here.

I thought they'd be anywhere from 8-12, so pretty much with the slimmest chance of making the playoffs, obviously depending on how the roster gelled.

Just remember, in other expansion years, teams were allowed to keep two or three more skaters...so they realistically had no chance.

yea, i would like to see any of the predictions from BEFORE the season where these same people bitching called for the knights to be really good this year. or even average

The Golden Knights were 500-1 to win the cup at the beginning of the season.

You just know there a few out there who threw a few bills down on them for kicks, who are sweating bullets right now.

I hope Washington beats Tampa,
Vegas - Washington final would be nice

hm, great start Washington
wtf
That last game broke them. They played amazing and still lost. The real value of a goaltender standing on their head is the morale damage. Ovie needs to step up and blast one in and get this team back on its feet or they're going to end up getting creamed.

exactly. someone has to ignite some shit or it's over.
big hit/fight from tom wilson?
tj oshie magic?
ovi from his 'office'?
something.
Trotz must be in panic mode right now.

Normally I'd say they are in an okay spot because they get to go home for game 6, but we've seen what home ice means in this series. Trotz is a great coach but these are the moments that really define your legacy, Ovie too. You made it to the ECF, beat the hated Penguins, and had a 2 game lead going back to Washington. Now here you are, and if you win 2/3 games, every one forgets you lost those last two. If you lose, it's a black mark on your record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back