NHL Playoff Thread: Stand Witness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sick game from the Sens. Everyone contributed. Looked great as a team.

What's the word on Burrows?

I dont know. He was already playing injured I think so it might have gotten worse when he fell. Crosby also left the game momentarily in the 2nd, he came back but obviously he is far from being at 100% right now. And lol@Malkin.

Oh well, they only get one win for it.

Having a pretty spirited debate with my coworkers on whether you start Murray. I really want to see him back between the pipes, but I get that Fleury got us here and is coming off a shutout. 4 on 9 shots though...
First goal he had covered it just went in . quarter inch any direction he saves it.
Second goal the defense kicked it in. Not really his fault on these positionally he was fine.
Tough to make a decision on Who starts though. Let fleury finish what he began or let murray who hasnt played in ages in.
Ottawa simply was better and capitalized everywhere

Anyone ever have a hairline fracture? How do you skate around with one in your foot?

Also, I am thinking AO for Rick Nash and a few draft picks. In NY AO wont have to be the leader. The Rangers have already made to playoffs, and finals with their core guys.

Sick game from the Sens. Everyone contributed. Looked great as a team.

25 year anniversary, 10 years since they lost to Anaheim, I'm okay with a revenge plotline. Still hope the Pens pull through, but I won't cry if they don't. This team has taken a beating.

Pens have nothing left, too banged up and too gassed. It's another side effect of this shit playoff system. The Pens, with the second most points in the league, got CBJ (4th in league) and then Washington (1st in league.) The Sens being 12th in the league gets Boston (13th in league) and then NYR (9th in league.) It punishes a good regular season and rewards a mediocre one. Had the Pens not had two buzz-saw teams to deal with in the first round they might not be as beat up as they are right now.

The Sens got a perfect storm of a much easier path to the conf finals and now get a depleted and beat up Pens team. No matter who wins this series they will lose to the Preds or even the Ducks if they somehow win.

Pens have nothing left, too banged up and too gassed. It's another side effect of this shit playoff system. The Pens, with the second most points in the league, got CBJ (4th in league) and then Washington (1st in league.) The Sens being 12th in the league gets Boston (13th in league) and then NYR (9th in league.) It punishes a good regular season and rewards a mediocre one. Had the Pens not had two buzz-saw teams to deal with in the first round they might not be as beat up as they are right now.

The Sens got a perfect storm of a much easier path to the conf finals and now get a depleted and beat up Pens team. No matter who wins this series they will lose to the Preds or even the Ducks if they somehow win.

Yeah, it's been a rough post-season to watch, I was happy with anything but a first round exit, but now it's kind of sad how many players are injured and how little jump they have. Crosby is definitely not 100%, and who knows what other nagging injuries are out there. Sens battled their way here too, but it's definitely been an indictment of the new format, which I kind of liked at first, but now it's just boring and unfair to many teams. I'm perfectly happy with a Preds Cup, but hopefully they talk about it in the off-season.

Yeah, it's been a rough post-season to watch, I was happy with anything but a first round exit, but now it's kind of sad how many players are injured and how little jump they have. Crosby is definitely not 100%, and who knows what other nagging injuries are out there. Sens battled their way here too, but it's definitely been an indictment of the new format, which I kind of liked at first, but now it's just boring and unfair to many teams. I'm perfectly happy with a Preds Cup, but hopefully they talk about it in the off-season.
If they don't address the system then I hope the Pens wise up and rest players/tank so they end up in the top wild card spot. There is absolutely no point in battling in the regular season only to get hosed like they did this year. Having rested/non injured players and better route to the final>home ice advantage.

Last year was worse but this year we have nobody healthy :(

Pens getting their shit pushed in was fun to watch.

It's not that I hate the Pens, hell I liked the Pens before in the Super Mario days..... I just hate Crysby

oh damn, what happened to kelly clarkson?
Lol right? Her second chin looks like a giant neck biceps. She's been doing neck curls apparently

Also I feel like if the Ducks started every first period Like this, they'd be up in the series

if the cucks can show up consistently they'll run through Nashville. Unfortunately they're brutally inconsistent.

Wow the ducks better not lose this shit.

Here's the implosion. Can't just string together one full game.. FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back