NHL Offseason Discussion: Live From the KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vasilevskiy is the only question mark imho and even then he's been pretty decent since he started in the NHL. Plus he now has the best D in the east in front of him with the acquisition of McDonagh. McDonagh , Hedman , Stralman , Sergachev. That's a solid solid top 4 . Wouldn't be too concerned about him.

Upfront the depth is just crazy. Stamkos , Kucherov , Johnson , Point , Palat , Miller , Gourde and even Killorn to a certain extent. And on top of that one of them is the current art ross favorite and the other is one of the best goal scorer in the NHL.

Now of course the game is played on the ice so having the best roster on paper is one thing but that doesn't mean assured success. But on paper Tampa is the team to beat right now. If i had to predict i,d say Tampa vs Nashville will reach the finals.
Yeah, their depth at forward and defense is off the charts. Anything less than a hard fought ECF loss will be a huge disappointment, and that actually might be the biggest disappointment of all. Only team I'd be a little worried about are the Bruins if they keep this up, that's a team that knows how to get it done, though I hope they don't.

Mcdonagh ain't nothing to be scared of. Leafs could have topped that offer, but chose not to, god choice imo

If the Bruins got him I'd be more worried as a Leafs fan.

Fucking LOL @ the Sens. Price only goes down from here.

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Perreault Little Roslovic
Ehlers Stastny Laine

Good lawd.

And most of the big names went to the East. Tatar and Track Suit the only "big" names moving to the west.

Atlantic division is not going to be a fun time come playoffs.

Montreal essentially got a 2nd, flipped a 5th for a 4th, acquired 2 absolute long shot/non factors, and shaved some years off of joe morrow.

I'm confused?

Montreal essentially got a 2nd, flipped a 5th for a 4th, acquired 2 absolute long shot/non factors, and shaved some years off of joe morrow.

I'm confused?

Bergevin being Bergevin. He's the master of minor and lateral moves..Didn't earned the nickname BargainBin for nothing. They were also saying on TSN that if Pacioretty is traded it will be at the draft or this summer.

I'll give him credit for one thing though : He did accumulate a shitload of picks for this draft which is supposed to be deep. Some were acquired previous years but currently the Habs have for the 2018 draft :

1st round pick - Montréal
2nd round pick - Montréal
2nd round pick - Montréal (from Chicago - Danault trade)
2nd round pick - Montréal (from Washington - Eller trade)
2nd round pick - Montréal (from Toronto - Plekanec trade)
3rd round pick - Montréal
4th round pick - Los Angeles (from Montréal - King trade)
5th round pick - Montréal
5th round pick - Montréal (from Edmonton - Montoya trade)**
5th round pick - Montréal (from Los Angeles - Mitchell trade)*
6th round pick - Detroit (from Montréal - Ott trade)
7th round pick - Philadelphia (from Montréal - pick #199 traded for a 2018 7th round pick)
* If the Kings make the playoffs, Montréal will instead receive their own 2018 4th round pick back
** If Montoya plays seven more games this regular season, Montréal will instead receive a 2018 4th round pick

ThatMs not too shabby. The first will also likely be a top 5 or top 10 pick. I wish they would have acquired another 1st in the 10-20 range but heh it is what it is.

Scabs could have had an extra third rounder if they hadn't tossed away Davidson lool

Shit management, shit franchise.

Take Turtleneck back too. Supposed to be good on the pk but he's always in the box. Obviously a spy.

Calling it now, Plekasex is gonna re-sign with Montreal for 2Mil. Not what I want, but I don't hate it either.

Draft is weak as fuck after top 12-15 for my taste

Not exactly the 1927 Yankees of shootout lineups for the Habs. Jesus.

I just want the playoffs to start so bad, I can't wait to see who stumbles out of the West shark tank.

So Galchenyuk was on the block? What's the deal with him and the Habs? He seems talented...

talented with no brain.... useless deke NHL OTP style...

only produced when Habs we're sucking...rest of time he's bad for his ice-time and 1st pp time

talented with a coach with no brain....

When he produced at centre, the Habs weren't sucking...rest of time he's bad on the wing and how he's used on the 1st pp

Fixed.

Scabs could have had an extra third rounder if they hadn't tossed away Davidson lool

Shit management, shit franchise.

Take Turtleneck back too. Supposed to be good on the pk but he's always in the box. Obviously a spy.

Davidson had a brutal camp. He was very average last year too. Trust me he wasnt worth a 3rd when Bergevin waived him. Got his value back up in Edmonton.

Plekanec offense has evaporated but hes still pretty decent defensively and on the PK. Anyone telling you othedrwise has not watched him enough. Im glad the guy is gone though. His time in Mtl was done.

Huh. I guess that makes sense

Edit: lol just saw the other post

Welp, I dunno

You Habs fans have outright ignored my previous posts: what's your serious feelings on Claude?

I'm happy he's gone, but how do you think he's affected your team and ability to win?

So Galchenyuk was on the block? What's the deal with him and the Habs? He seems talented...

He is but the Habs have messed with him too much. Both Therrien and Julien. And they refuse to play him at C for some reason even if he was the most successful there. They rather play a natural winger there in Drouin instead. Go figure

Management is inept

He is but the Habs have messed with him too much. Both Therrien and Julien. And they refuse to play him at C for some reason even if he was the most successful there. They rather play a natural winger there in Drouin instead. Go figure

Management is inept
That's what I figured was going on

What's your feelings on Claude?

Galchy was sucessful at C in a lost season where we sucked...whenever he tryed there after he was horrendous.

Claude is fucking garbage. Boring defensive style and past his prime...otdate mentality and system.

Now we're stuck with fucking Weber-Price-Petry-Alzner-Lazy Drouin as our cor...won't win or do much with that shit.

We have 3 top 6 players (Galchy-Drouin-MaxPac all wingers with lazy effort and no defensive skill)...bunch of 3rd liners (Gallagher-Lekhonen-Shawful-Danault- etc...) and no decent prospect.

Even Dahlin cannot save us from thise misery and there's no good C @ the draft...only scoring wingers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back