NHL Offseason Discussion: Live From the KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao.

I'd rather bergevin do nothing, instead of getting fleeced again. Hopefully he gets fired at the end of the season. But I'd be happy getting something back for Pleks too.

You can't really get fleeced for Pleks. He sucks.

I think we could get something back for Patches and Byron though. I think we should.

Anything less than a 3rd for pleks is an absolute fail.

The asking price for patches is too high, considering all the other wingers available out there. Oversaturrated market and all that.

Byron hasn't been producing for the past few months, some of it due to first line centre duties, so I don't think bows the right time to trade him.

Deslauriers 2 year extension. That's the move we've been waiting for.

And Chez is shut down for the season

D-Lo will be garbage like he was in Buffalo...worked his ass for 10 games..no juice left and he's just an avg garbage player.

He's from my city...but I feel meh about signing.

Read a Q&A transcript from the Blues beat writer. He must have been drunk because he was completely honest with what he has seen and thinks.

Apparently nobody on the team likes Tarasenko because he doesn't try in practice. Locker room is in shambles. Nobody plays for each other. Many players are only playing for a paycheck. Pietrangelo is a weak captain. Suggests that changes are coming but I've heard that once or 20 times since I was a kid.

Someone made a really interesting chart last season, to make the case that Montreal sucks dick and our result against NYR was totally expected. The forum update on hfboards totally screwed it up, though. In it, he compared teams based on how often they scored a certain number of goals or allowed a certain number of goals to playoff and non-playoff teams. This was really interesting because Pittsburgh, against playoff teams, allowed an average of about 3 GA/G. Nashville, IIRC, allowed about 2.77. This was actually on the high end among playoff teams. What the two teams also shared, however, was the fact that they were able to score enough to keep up with this number.

Chicago is the most interesting case -- their two cup wins seemed to be a mix of brutal performances one night followed by one-two stellar nights -- but again they rolled 4 deep lines and remarkable defense pairings all things considered

I think McDonagh is the best option for you guys. It's time to start unloading some piece from that bloated prospect pool to start taking swings. There's one variable that gets forgotten in considering how to maximize the likelihood of winning a cup: number of attempts.

What would your offer for McDonagh be?

If the argument is that we are going to indefinitely lose bozak, kom, and JVR this summer -- then yes, i say become buyers at the deadline because without knowing who we get back / roster as of october '18 then our shot is better now than come next year (simply because of the unknown)

I like McDonagh as a leaf, hopefully he gives Jake or Morgan a safety net. I cant see the Rangers trading for less than our first, maybe a 3rd and prospect / ready player like Levino.

giphy.gif

Jesus this US team sucks
I didn't watch a single game, guess I might watch the final. I get why it happened, but man it sucks losing the NHL. To be fair, they had the NHLers last time and still broke my heart.

If the Leafs don't trade for Glendening, this deadline will be a raging success.

I'll give women's hockey credit -- Can/Us gold medal games do always bring the passion

Montreal is pretty well locked into the bottom 6 now. Finally, after this weekend, we reached the bottom 3. There was a point where we went 0-2-1 and actually climbed from 4th last to 6th last. That was like taking crazy pills.

Montreal is the worst road team in the entire league. We have something like 12 out of the next 16 games on the road, too.

Uncle Bettman's going to give us T-1000 to Karlsson's T-800.

They will waste the draft pick as usual.

Either draft a complete bust

or

Pass on good english speaking players to get a frenchy

or

Trade him for a declining past his prime star.

You can't really get fleeced for Pleks. He sucks.

I think we could get something back for Patches and Byron though. I think we should.

Dear lord i hope the rumours of him resigning arent true...

Czech's gunna hape the Olympic dopers from Russia tonight

Canada will then most likely lose to Germany lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back