NHL Offseason Discussion: Live From the KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drouin is fine. I like him. And in the context of ''trying to win now'' the Drouin trade makes sense. If we added an entire Drouin to last team's roster it could've been a real game changer. Two lines one with Radu and the other with Drouin would at least be exciting to watch. But then shit hit the fan and we may have just traded the better player away. What was once an acceptable risk is now just, well, a little stupid.

Drouin is fine. I like him. And in the context of ''trying to win now'' the Drouin trade makes sense. If we added an entire Drouin to last team's roster it could've been a real game changer. Two lines one with Radu and the other with Drouin would at least be exciting to watch. But then shit hit the fan and we may have just traded the better player away. What was once an acceptable risk is now just, well, a little stupid.
Oh, he's a fine player. But what is he doing on that team? They had so long to address the Center problem and then finally do it when the rest of the team is in shambles.

Oh, he's a fine player. But what is he doing on that team? They had so long to address the Center problem and then finally do it when the rest of the team is in shambles.

Yeah that's my main criticism of the move. In context, it's just dumb.

He's also not addressing shit at the center ice position. He just happens to be there.

Is this what I get for laughing so hard at the Scabs losing to this expansion team?

Sweet Jebus. Babcock needs to spread the penalty kill time around. Can't have Zaitsev and Hainsey play all 2 minutes every fucking time.

Calgary Flames win 4-1 against Washington. Johnny Gaudreau is 3rd in league scoring with 31 points.

tumblr_nnwr3u6udW1u791nco1_400.gif

Mike Smith is giving Calgary a chance to win on most nights.

tenor.gif

lol, still bitter at Gaudreau for fucking me so hard in fantasy last year, but good for the Flames.

I do still enjoy when the Leafs get fucked. The threads show up on hf full of Leafs fans who think that no Leaf has ever done anything actually worth a penalty, and there's never been a Leafs goal that should have been disallowed.

Dahlin honestly looked a little bored tonight. He was just skating around the whole ice. Seriously, I saw him forechecking a couple times. Just wandering around like a guy photobombing a news crew.

Tarasenko with a Gordie Howe hat trick and two more goals. Top line had 5 goals and 6 assists vs the Oilers tonight lmao.

Thought the Blues were screwed before the season. Never saw this coming.

Oilers traded Eberle Hall and Barzal basically for Strome, Larsson, and Griffin Reinhart (Who they exposed to Vegas for the expansion draft.)

Then they throw money at Lucic and Kris Russell lol.

Holy fuck, that is some baaaaaaaaaaad managing. When McDavid's contract kicks in, they are royally fucked.

Oilers traded Eberle Hall and Barzal basically for Strome, Larsson, and Griffin Reinhart (Who they exposed to Vegas for the expansion draft.)

Holy fuck, that is some baaaaaaaaaaad managing. When McDavid's contract kicks in, they are royally fucked.

People can say what they want about the Penguins getting lucky with Crosby, but when they got a superstar dropped in their laps they ran with it. It's a shame, things looked so bright last year.

Its nights like this i enjoy having all 3 of Schenn,Schwartz,and Senko on my fantasy roster
<Moves>

Chia pet is probably worse than Marc Bergevin. And Marc is really fucking bad. But not this bad

I've watched that clip at least a dozen times lol.

Subban doing Subban things last night. I miss him.

I was still under the impression that McDavid was playing like so far. Apparently he has 28 points all of a sudden? When the hell did that happen? In the last 5 games apparently.

Seriously. I was talking shit about him the other day because he wasn't doing anything for my fantasy team. BAM. Lights out all of a sudden.

I remember some Canucks fans being pissed at selecting Elias Pettersson last draft. In his last 14 SHL games he has 11 goals and 13 assists. It's no guarantee, but if you compare what he's doing to what other big names have done in the SHL it is very impressive.

Random thought, but why does the NHL have "wildcard" playoff teams. There really isn't anything "wild" about them. They're just low seeded playoff spots. I suppose it's because the divisional positioning doesn't apply, but still, why even call it that? There are no disadvantages to it, or byes for other teams. It's just a regular old playoff spot. If they must insist on it, they should cut off the official seeding at 7 teams in each conference, have the 8 and 9 spots as the wildcard, and have a one game playoff to make it in. Like Baseball does.

Man, I really miss the Conference model. It was simple and to the point. Top eight teams in each conference move on, with a top seed bonus for winning your division. No fuss, no muss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back