NHL Finals Discussion: Besmirching Bergevin Edition

Wow Patty to Toronto. On one hand I wouldn't give him that contract, on the other I wish he would have retired a Shark
Marleau in blue and white, never thought I'd see the day. Now what happens to Thornton, is he gone after this year?

Price is probably my favourite player ever, but that is too much money for a goalie. I don't blame Price for taking that money though, if he signed at 9 mil/per Derpevin would have just used the extra money to overpay for a 3rd line winger lol

Mtl with Price and Weber's contracts is fucked in like 5 years.

Marleau contract for the Leafs is fucking dumb, especially the 3rd year when the kids are going to be due to get paid $$$$$

Price is probably my favourite player ever, but that is too much money for a goalie. I don't blame Price for taking that money though, if he signed at 9 mil/per Derpevin would have just used the extra money to overpay for a 3rd line winger lol

Mtl with Price and Weber's contracts is fucked in like 5 years.

Marleau contract for the Leafs is fucking dumb, especially the 3rd year when the kids are going to be due to get paid $$$$$

Leafs have too much space to hit and needed someone heavy for a bit. It works out for the time being.

Marleau won't be around for year 3, and you can take that to the bank.

I like this deal.

I though the deal had a NMC? I guess they could have come to an agreement that he would be willing to waive for year 3 if the team needs him to?

Patty pls no
<2>

Sharks have to rebuild. Build around jones.

My feels
200.gif

I though the deal had a NMC? I guess they could have come to an agreement that he would be willing to waive for year 3 if the team needs him to?

The contract is bonus heavy up front. He's gonna play two years, and then accept a trade somewhere warm or retire.

Or, most likely, Lou is gonna send him to Robidas island.

Last edited:
Habs fans already talking about trading Price, losing their shit.

Watching Yzerman shuck and deal every off season while Ken Holland waits for luck to show up in the draft is tough.
Good luck trading a guy making that much. Even if you deal him at the deadline, he's still signed for 8 years. He's the best player on that team by a mile, but this is one albatross of a deal.

Good luck trading a guy making that much. Even if you deal him at the deadline, he's still signed for 8 years. He's the best player on that team by a mile, but this is one albatross of a deal.

No kidding. I'm not a huge fan of GAR but for goalies it makes the most sense. Carey Price needs to be like 25 GAR above the average goaltender for this deal to make sense. That means he needs to be 2014-15 Carey Price for a good chunk of the time in order for the deal to make sense.

Ouch! Bye bye Rad.

Knew it was too good to be true,just when it looked like we could actually be scoring goals next season.

Bergevin is a fucking moron, how do you not match 6.25mil for 5 years? 6mil for 5 years was what everyone was expecting. Unless Radulov wanted way more money because of Mtl taxes, this is foolish to not sign him. Part of me thinks Bergevin pissed off Radulov with his "Line in the sand" bullshit. The classic talk shit to get b0died combo right there.

I killed it with the Alzner and Radulov predictions, but really I was just betting on the Canadiens being saps. The Price deal really came out of left field though.

Marleau deal is fine. Hes a Vet with 18 years experience, won 4 Gold Medals and will slot in nicely with Mathews. He didnt even play that much with Jumbo Joe the last couple of years and still put up 50 goals playing mostly with Joel Ward lol.

All of Leafs best players are still on ELC by the time his contract is over. Hainsey is a good sign for veteran leadership too, plus hes better then that can Hunwick.

Marleau deal is fine. Hes a Vet with 18 years experience, won 4 Gold Medals and will slot in nicely with Mathews. He didnt even play that much with Jumbo Joe the last couple of years and still put up 50 goals playing mostly with Joel Ward lol.

All of Leafs best players are still on ELC by the time his contract is over. Hainsey is a good sign for veteran leadership too, plus hes better then that can Hunwick.
He has been on Couture's wing which isn't a bad spot.. Couture just missed a huge chunk of time with injury so the 3rd member of the line Ward shows as his most common teammate. Over the last 2 years they are way more productive together - 4 gp/60 together, Patty is 1.85 gp/60 apart from Couture.

He still has wheels though for a old man, he should be able to keep up with those kids

Radulov walking is just devastating. I wouldn't even be surprised if Markov walks at this point. That would possibly be even more devastating. Imagine that, a 38 year old dman with two knee surgeries is actually that important to the Montreal Canadiens.

Some fans are still sticking with Bergy. It's sad to watch. Like Simba trying to wake up Mufasa. It's over guys. It's over.

Radulov walking is just devastating. I wouldn't even be surprised if Markov walks at this point. That would possibly be even more devastating. Imagine that, a 38 year old dman with two knee surgeries is actually that important to the Montreal Canadiens.

Some fans are still sticking with Bergy. It's sad to watch. Like Simba trying to wake up Mufasa. It's over guys. It's over.

Ha, well, at least Bergy gets to feel like a big boy for sticking to his guns by overpaying Price, but not giving Radulov another year and some pocket change. Now you're going to have to pay Markov extra to come back to a team where his geriatric ass is the offensive catalyst.

fc7f67a52f0c33b0226b3e4e3e2a199e.jpg

Last edited:
I've never been to hfboards before, but I was bored and decided to lurk the Habs forums. Man, it's gold. The number of mental gymnasts is insane. Don't worry though Prok, this guy has the center situation sorted out.

Originally Posted by TT1
Then you have to try Drouin out at center:

Pacioretty - Drouin - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Danault - Galchenyuk

Swap Danault and Drouin depending on who you want them to play with.

See, it's just that easy, just ask anyone in the "Marc Bergevin - Loyalty Edition" thread. Oh, my sides.

Back