NHL Finals Discussion: Besmirching Bergevin Edition

Any goalie on those Rag Wings teams would've put up the same numbers if not better.

#realtalk
They need to create the Coattails Hall of Fame for guys like Osgood and Kunitz.

Ron Francis as well
<JonesLaugh>
bunk-the-wire.gif

Honestly it's already the hall of not sucking and ending up on a good team more than the hall of fame

If Rogie Vachon is in the hall of fame Osgood is a hall of famer

Although tbh if Rogie Vachon and Osgood are hall of famers they should really just burn the place down and start over

Hockey hall of fame is the least credible of all hall of fames.

Hockey hall of fame is the least credible of all hall of fames.
Well, other than the UFC. I like seeing people go beyond the stats with some guys, but I think there has to be something special there as far as personal achievement, international wins, contribution to the game, etc. If Osgoode gets in, then I have to start lobbying for Hextall.

Huge invasion of foreign talent this year in the CHL. Zadina to the Mooseheads, Roman to Vancouver, Svechnikov and Lipanov to Barrie.

Honestly it's already the hall of not sucking and ending up on a good team more than the hall of fame

If Rogie Vachon is in the hall of fame Osgood is a hall of famer

Although tbh if Rogie Vachon and Osgood are hall of famers they should really just burn the place down and start over

Rogie Vachon belongs in the HOF. He should have been inducted ages ago. A lot of people fail to include the 1977 Canada / Russia series in his body of work.

Osgood I'm on the fence about, but Barrasso and Vernon should have both been inducted ages ago, and they should also have given serious consideration to Hextall, Moog and Resch, none of whom ever get mentioned.

RIP Dave Semenko. One of the toughest mother fuckers to ever lace em up

Last edited:
If Cancer had been coming after Gretzky I bet he would have beat it.
Cd4Ird6UIAAWpqP.jpg

Rogie Vachon belongs in the HOF. He should have been inducted ages ago. A lot of people fail to include the 1977 Canada / Russia series in his body of work.

Osgood I'm on the fence about, but Barrasso and Vernon should have both been inducted ages ago, and they should also have given serious consideration to Hextall, Moog and Resch, none of whom ever get mentioned.

It's the hall of fame not the hall of "right place right time". Or at the very least it should be

I really enjoyed Andy Moog. I only got to see the tail end of his career.

And this thread angers me. Ozzy is great!!

They need to create the Coattails Hall of Fame for guys like Osgood and Kunitz.

So much hate.

It's the hall of fame not the hall of "right place right time". Or at the very least it should be

Hockey's HOF is very much NOT the "right place right time" Hall. If it were, you would see Reggie Leach, Paul Henderson, Bob Nystrom, John Tonelli and Bob Baun inducted. If anything, it errs away from inducting players largely on one great year, series or performance, even with a solid career to back it up.

Hockey's HOF is very much NOT the "right place right time" Hall. If it were, you would see Reggie Leach, Paul Henderson, Bob Nystrom, John Tonelli and Bob Baun inducted. If anything, it errs away from inducting players largely on one great year, series or performance, even with a solid career to back it up.

Hence not letting in above average goalies who happened to end up on all time great teams like Osgood, Moog and Chico

Otherwise MAF would be a surefire future hall of famer

Hence not letting in above average goalies who happened to end up on all time great teams like Osgood, Moog and Chico

Otherwise MAF would be a surefire future hall of famer

Were the 1988 and 1990 Bruins an "all time great" team? Moog took them to the finals twice. That's aside from his three Cups with Edmonton. Once he left the Oilers, he was one of the premier goalies in the NHL for another team.

Back