NHL Finals Discussion: Besmirching Bergevin Edition

You guys got Lindstrom too. I like him.

I like the name, today is the first I heard of him. I was hoping to grab a quality D-man.

Also just got the #2 NA goalie.

Some people are hating on the Rasmussen pick, but I'm staying positive. I like what we took so far.

I wanted Glass or Pettersson so I'm pleased with the pick. I wasn't sold on vilardi because of his skating. Looked too much like derian hatcher.

Pettersson is 6'2" and at least 3 years away from having a sniff at the NHL imo, so he'll have time to fill out some more. Plenty of time for us to acquire more 5th overall picks.

Yeah, we're in no rush to hurry these players, so pettersson has plenty of time to fill out a bit. His skill and potential is undeniable.

At the end of the day I'm just glad we didn't end up with Rasmussen.

They fucked up not taking a good ol Canadian boy in Glass.

We wasted a 6th overall pick on a good old Canadian boy already. That didn't turn out well for us. Imagine if we ended up taking one of those soft undersized euros instead.

Jokes aside, I would have been ok with glass if we ended up with him. He's a slightly safer bet but has a much lower ceiling. Overall i think Pettersson is totally worth the risk.

I like the name, today is the first I heard of him. I was hoping to grab a quality D-man.

Also just got the #2 NA goalie.

Some people are hating on the Rasmussen pick, but I'm staying positive. I like what we took so far.

A lot of people are hating on the Rasmussen pick and I don't really agree with it. They're talking about even strength production. Well, he scores lots of goals at even strength. About as many as Cody Glass did, anyways. He just didn't get many assist at EV. Most people who have watched him agree that he's a good playmaker though. Then there's people who complain that he just gets greasy goals. Again just watch his highlights: he has an effortless pin point wrist shot a la jeff carter. If he gets a clean look, he can bury it. Which is another reason for his amazing power play numbers. He scores more than almost anyone on the powerplay. That's...a good thing, right?

If I make believe in my mind that we used our first on Ikonen and our 58th on Poehling, I'm pretty okay with our draft. We could have focussed a lot more on offense. Like....a LOT more. At this point Montreal's prospect pool is dmen and goalies with a couple wingers and Ikonen. I like Brook and Walford much more than Fleury and Tyszka. But they can all skate and move the puck. Timmins seems to have gotten the memo that the trade market for dmen who can do that is ridiculous.

I'm still super bummed out that NYR took Chytil, though. That really took the wind out of my sails.

Hearing the Leafs had an okay draft today.

Fine with that, seeing as how they got the dude they wanted in round 1.

Fedor Gordeev is a pretty interesting dude. Enormous, didn't have bad numbers. At this point the leafs scouting is so good that if they like him there's probably something there. I had him as a ''camp invite'' after he fell through the hfboards habs mock draft.

Rumors Gardiner was traded for Seabrook. Any truth guys?

We wasted a 6th overall pick on a good old Canadian boy already. That didn't turn out well for us. Imagine if we ended up taking one of those soft undersized euros instead.

Jokes aside, I would have been ok with glass if we ended up with him. He's a slightly safer bet but has a much lower ceiling. Overall i think Pettersson is totally worth the risk.

I don't know about much lower ceiling. Glass' ceiling is pretty sky high. At a certain point there's just a ceiling for everybody not named McJesus, peace be upon him.

I don't know about much lower ceiling. Glass' ceiling is pretty sky high. At a certain point there's just a ceiling for everybody not named McJesus, peace be upon him.

Who knows how they'll all turn out.. but I believe if Pettersson lives up to his potential (a big if), he could be one of the top centers in the league. Backstrom like. Whereas I see glass likely settling into a good two-way 2c position. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but we already have one of those in Horvat (who I'm a huge fan of).

The canucks severely lack high-end, elite, first line talent. From our standpoint, I'm willing to take a bit of a risk for something like that, over a more sure thing like Glass.

We'll probably never see a generational talent like McDavid in Vancouver, so moves like this are about as close as we can get.

Rumors Gardiner was traded for Seabrook. Any truth guys?

Ouch. Gotta be a catch there. Seabrook's contract is absolutely terrible, and in 2 years I doubt he'll still be the better player. That would be a really strange move for Toronto, if true.

If I make believe in my mind that we used our first on Ikonen and our 58th on Poehling, I'm pretty okay with our draft. We could have focussed a lot more on offense. Like....a LOT more. At this point Montreal's prospect pool is dmen and goalies with a couple wingers and Ikonen. I like Brook and Walford much more than Fleury and Tyszka. But they can all skate and move the puck. Timmins seems to have gotten the memo that the trade market for dmen who can do that is ridiculous.

I'm still super bummed out that NYR took Chytil, though. That really took the wind out of my sails.
Rangers and Habs had similar needs, I liked NYs picks, I feel like that Andersson kid is going to be a underrated star a la Kopitar, with Stepan gone the Rangers are going to need more 200 foot forwards who can score.

Who knows how they'll all turn out.. but I believe if Pettersson lives up to his potential (a big if), he could be one of the top centers in the league. Backstrom like. Whereas I see glass likely settling into a good two-way 2c position. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but we already have one of those in Horvat (who I'm a huge fan of).

The canucks severely lack high-end, elite, first line talent. From our standpoint, I'm willing to take a bit of a risk for something like that, over a more sure thing like Glass.

We'll probably never see a generational talent like McDavid in Vancouver, so moves like this are about as close as we can get.

For all the flak this draft got, it was a great place to pick up some skilled two-way forwards. I do like the Canucks going for it a little and taking one of the potential offensive powerhouses of the round.

For all the flak this draft got, it was a great place to pick up some skilled two-way forwards. I do like the Canucks going for it a little and taking one of the potential offensive powerhouses of the round.

Yeah I think this draft will yeild a lot of solid nhl'ers. I think people have just gotten spoiled lately with plethora of almost gaurnteed elite level top end talent of recent years.

Yeah I think this draft will yeild a lot of solid nhl'ers. I think people have just gotten spoiled lately with plethora of almost gaurnteed elite level top end talent of recent years.

Same, I'd call it the 1.5th line forward draft. I'm kind of sad the Pens gave up their pick in such a deep draft, but we just won the Cup, Rutherford has all my trust.

Same, I'd call it the 1.5th line forward draft. I'm kind of sad the Pens gave up their pick in such a deep draft, but we just won the Cup, Rutherford has all my trust.

Yeah it's hard to question anything that team does. 2 in a row and the realistic favorites to do it again next year. With Chicago starting to crumble, I don't see why Pittsburgh can't keep doing what they're doing for another 2-3 years. Until teams like Toronto and Edmonton start maturing and gaining pieces and experience, the cup is really Pittsburgh's to lose.

Back