NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

when J.T. Miller dies i hope they mix his ashes into a bowl of Wendy's chili and feed it to the nashville predators just so he can tear their ass up one last time.

That final day of hockey when the Kings and Knights flipped positions in the playoffs was the most fortunate thing for the Oilers. Anyone facing Vegas in round 1 is looking elimination dead in the face. Now as it sits, they should cruise to the Conference Final until they finally get their hands full.

so glad the stars won their last game and the canucks lost their last game otherwise we'd be in the same position and i definately would not be wanting to play vegas. they put us out of the playoffs before, and it's never fun to take on an 8th seed because theyve been in the zone playing hard as fuck every day and fighting tooth and nail just to get into the playoffs and theyve got nothing to lose, going up against a team who's already locked in and is coasting along maybe with their confidence a little too high and probably giving lots of the players time off before the start of the playoffs.

they should have a playoff "draft" where it goes in order of the top 4 teams, where each of the top 4 teams in order of #1 - #4 come forward and pick the remaining bottom 5-8 team that they would like to play in the first round of the playoffs. guaranteed that many of the top #1 seeds would be picking the 6'th or 7'th team over the 8'th team because the 8'th team is hungry and they clawed their way in, and they probably got all of the momentum on their side

i'm just glad to be playing nashville instead of vegas but i would have preferred LA. i dont even know how the fuck nashville got in this thing either but they must have been tearing it up for the last month. edmonton and los angeles making the playoffs was a cinderella story as well, i would never have had my money on that.

but yeah anybody playing vegas 1st round is gonna be a chefs kiss. even going in as the top seed i would not at all feel comfortable having to play them. for a stars fan thats gotta be pretty miserating. the series is going along exactly as i would expect it.

That final day of hockey when the Kings and Knights flipped positions in the playoffs was the most fortunate thing for the Oilers. Anyone facing Vegas in round 1 is looking elimination dead in the face. Now as it sits, they should cruise to the Conference Final until they finally get their hands full.

also canucks convincingly swept edmonton 4-0 in their season series this year. hoping that the stars are aligned properly and dallas knocks off vegas and edmonton & vancouver win their series just so we can play the oilers in the 2nd round. guaranteed the oilers won't be "cruising" anywhere.

dallas probably aint gonna knock off vegas though :( that's about as likely as brad marchand going to church and repenting for his hockey sins.

when J.T. Miller dies i hope they mix his ashes into a bowl of Wendy's chili and feed it to the nashville predators just so he can tear their ass up one last time.
You really shouldn't be drinking this early in the morning.
You won 4-2
Lost 4-1
Won 2-1

Not exactly tearing anybody's ass up.

Plus, wasn't it maybe 3 years ago all the Canucks fans wanted JT shipped out?

Reactions: PND
You won 4-2
Lost 4-1
Won 2-1

that's 2 more playoff wins then the penguins will have this year :)

all we do is win baby. WOOOOOO!

xq8nb1becv8c1.jpeg

You won 4-2
Lost 4-1
Won 2-1

Not exactly tearing anybody's ass up.

Plus, wasn't it maybe 3 years ago all the Canucks fans wanted JT shipped out?

also the only playoff game we've lost this year was when i wasn't drinking and that's more than likely the reason why we lost. i'm gonna be stone cold shittered for the rest of the games, believe that!

fuck sakes.. early game tomorrow, gonna have to start my drinking at noon!

also canucks convincingly swept edmonton 4-0 in their season series this year. hoping that the stars are aligned properly and dallas knocks off vegas and edmonton & vancouver win their series just so we can play the oilers in the 2nd round. guaranteed the oilers won't be "cruising" anywhere.

dallas probably aint gonna knock off vegas though :( that's about as likely as brad marchand going to church and repenting for his hockey sins.

The Oilers and Canucks play each other in the 2nd round if they both win regardless of what happens in the other western series.

3 of those games were the scrub Oilers from early in the season and in the 4th they didn't have McDavid.

The Oilers and Canucks play each other in the 2nd round if they both win regardless of what happens in the other western series.

3 of those games were the scrub Oilers from early in the season and in the 4th they didn't have McDavid.

only losers make excuses. i'm sure the canucks have all kinds of excuses they could make as to why they didn't beat down the oilers even harder in those 4 games they roflstomped them this season.

wouldn't the oilers and canucks be the top 2 seeds if the stars get eliminated? vancouver was #2 and edmonton #3. i didnt think the top seeds would play each other unless its the conference finals, but maybe i'm wrong.

wouldn't the oilers and canucks be the top 2 seeds if the stars get eliminated? vancouver was #2 and edmonton #3. i didnt think the top seeds would play each other unless its the conference finals, but maybe i'm wrong.

The bracket is set in stone once the playoffs start. So Edmonton could play Vancouver or Nashville. Or LA could play Vancouver or Nashville.

Last year the Stars played Seattle in the 2R even though Edmonton and Vegas both had more points than either of them.

The bracket is set in stone once the playoffs start. So Edmonton could play Vancouver or Nashville. Or LA could play Vancouver or Nashville.

i just thought that being the 2nd and 3rd seed, the only chance they would play each other next round is if dallas the #1 seed was still in it, and then #2 would play #3 and #1 would play whichever team is left at the bottom who is seeded below #2 and #3.

otherwise if dallas loses it would be #2 - vancouver being against #8 vegas and edmonton vs the winner of the colorado/winnipeg game. assuming vancouver and edmonton both win their series.

but i think i might have it wrong

ahh yes i do, and you're right. the bracket is set in stone.

i still think they should seed the tournament all the way through and just have the top teams facing the bottoms in the 2nd round too. it makes more sense.

Last edited:
i just thought that being the 2nd and 3rd seed, the only chance they would play each other next round is if dallas the #1 seed was still in it, and then #2 would play #3 and #1 would play whichever team is left at the bottom who is seeded below #2 and #3.

otherwise if dallas loses it would be #2 - vancouver being against #8 vegas and edmonton vs the winner of the colorado/winnipeg game. assuming vancouver and edmonton both win their series.

but i think i might have it wrong

ahh yes i do, and you're right. the bracket is set in stone.

i still think they should seed the tournament all the way through and just have the top teams facing the bottoms in the 2nd round too. it makes more sense.

I prefer it like this because sometimes lower seeds end up being really strong. Florida last year and potentially Vegas this year. If you knock off the top team there's often a good reason for that.

I also just like proper tournament brackets. In tennis if Djokovic loses early at the Autralian they don't shuffle around the seeds.

I prefer it like this because sometimes lower seeds end up being really strong. Florida last year and potentially Vegas this year. If you knock off the top team there's often a good reason for that.

the referee's betting slips i would have to suspect!

the officiating has been rather dismal for every game i've watched so far. i suspect that gary bettman may not be the only one who is rigging this shit.

the islanders survived. for the moment.

oh fuck i thought they were up 2-1 in the 3'rd but i guess something must have happened when i stepped out and i missed it because now it's heading to overtime.

the islanders are surviving. for the moment! i think i am the least invested in this series than all the others.

Back