NGOATnou on a new level in his open workout

What Ngannou was doing in the clinch was winning it and making sure the fight took place on his terms: standing and trading. Overeem is a super underrated grappler and wrestler himself, but admittedly, he lacks the chin, will and toughness Stipe has. It should be an awesome fight, but with Ngannous power and reach, I wont be surprised to see it end in two minutes, especially since Overeem dropped Stipe.

Overeem knocked Stipe down. If Ngannou connects flush like that its all over. It should be interesting to see how well Stipe can pressure Ngannou and if he can top control him. If he can't top control him I think Ngannou will walk him down and punish him.

He doesnt look overly impressive on the pads there tbh

Frank is one dangerous monster, but Stipe has way more tools. I'm willing to put money on Stipe!

By way more you mean he can wrestle ?

Lets see if he can get Ngannou down first, because if he cant then he has the same amount of tools, except his arent as sharp fast or powerful

By way more you mean he can wrestle ?

Lets see if he can get Ngannou down first, because if he cant then he has the same amount of tools, except his arent as sharp fast or powerful

Wrestle, grapple, I add cardio/stamina as a tool, too.
Oh, and experience in championship rounds.

If you or anybody else actually believes the thread title, you have much to learn.

Not knocking him, but that was far from impressive, never the less next level.

BTW, Stipe's open workout was even less impressive. But it DIDN'T look as if Stipe was trying to impress anyone.

Better kicks then barboza and silva.....

<Huh2>

If you or anybody else actually believes the thread title, you have much to learn.

Not knocking him, but that was far from impressive, never the less next level.

BTW, Stipe's open workout was even less impressive. But it DIDN'T look as if Stipe was trying to impress anyone.

It's become one of my unscientific rules of thumb about these things, not to trust the workout that looks like it's working harder to impress the crowd than on anything else.

What’s the guy holding the pad wearing on his head ?

agreed. he's improving all the time. stipes a beast though. great striking and a giant head and upper body to help.

Ngannou got a great streak going on but finishing his fights so early means some question marks are still remaining. Haven't we learnt anything from this:

tars no stoppin' wat cant be stopped....
giphy.gif

You can't see the eyes of the demon, until him come callin'...

soon as i see the word fook.... i switch off.
played out.

It's Brocktoberfest all over again in this forum.

Brock won the undisputed title and still holds the record for most consecutive title defenses in UFC heavyweight history lmao, Lesnar's hype ended up being anything but unjustified and unfulfilled. None of these "real fighters" that were supposed to be the next true HW GOAT: Cain, Werdum, and now Stipe have managed to successfully defend the belt more than he did. To be compared to him should be considered high praise unless you're comparing similar USADA test results of course. ;)

Hes got good striking but his punches kind of loop.

Stipe boxing is short and crisp.

Technically Stipe is more refined but as we know that means fuck all once they step in the octagon.

Hope its a war.

Where does this view of Stipe as some refined striker come from? In comparison to Ngannou - maybe, but his defense is sloppy and he seems to get hit quite a bit. Stipe's main strength comes from being powerful, relatively well-rounded and mentally composed. He's not some Lomachenko boxing people up from bell to bell, he's a puncher with gaping holes in his defense - same as Ngannou.

Back