Nganous takedown defense

Stipe doesn't have 1/100th of the defensive movement as that Tyson gif. In fact Stipes striking defense quite poor considering he got dropped multiple times.
This is a horrible comparison btw(and it's boxing)(and it's tyson)
But everytime I see ngannou swinging for the fences it makes me think of this
<SelenaWow>

that was in there dude, if you bothered reading it

it's not a good indicator but because they're not similar in any way. Mark Hunt didn't have a height and reach advantage. Also Hunt didn't defend those takedowns well, almost like he was suprised by them. Overeem could barely move Francis in the clinch and that's his specialty. Stipe gassed himself out imo grappling with JDS. He was exhausted at the end of that fight. I'm not saying Stipe shouldn't wrestle, he definitely should. Im just wondering what his plan is if that's not successful, or if he's wasting more energy than Francis trying to implement that gameplan.
When jds was on point back in the day it WAS VERY hard to take him down....it took Cain forever to break him down

It's gonna be Miocic/Struve all over again. I don't Stipe winning the clinch or holding Francis down. Francis is just too strong. But If Stipe can out-box Francis without getting hit a single time... he could possibly win by tko/ko this way. Or he could try to tire Francis out somehow for the first 2/3 rounds without getting hit and then try to ko him.

The predator will win this fight until he loses!

It's kinda crazy how many people are just not acknowledging Stipe's punching power. Yeah, Francis hits hard, but the difference in power between the two is really negligible. Again, I think Francis has the necessary tools to take this (not based on solid evidence per se, just on flashes of greatness) but to assume that Stipe is automatically at some MASSIVE disadvantage on the feet here is a bit of a stretch.

Stipe has awesome power. But he shouldn't try and Bang. Grapple Grapple Grapple. Avoid that A-Level Power.

I watched the Aussie & Fancy breakdown (Megan Anderson). They said that DC went for a single on Francis (messing about, play fighting) and that he never felt that much power (Francis put his hand on his head and pushed down). DC also said Francis defended it all wrong.

Make of that what you will.

TIMESTAMPED

she also says she thinks dc will go up and challenge the winner of stipe-ngannou for the heavyweight belt. interesting...

I see Stipe vs Hunt happening with Nganou if Stipe take Nganou down

rvtbsdS.gif
<31>

Back