Ngannou's Mindset

He's emigrated twice so the immigrant mentality has cancelled each other out.

Ray Longos rectangular torso has baffled scientists for decades
lol
dc1cc4fde1e7c96bfb5d37b9fd1467ac.jpg

His mind set was “smash whatever’s in front of me” He expected to drop Stipe and Dana thought the same

Ngannou said he has "ignored" some aspects of MMA in preparing for his fights (post fight press conference). He also says he "underestimated" Stipe. The HW champ??? What kind of mentality is that? As DC says, there are levels to this sport. Stipe showed him the top level. The basics Ngannou lacks take years of training and practice to be truly effective against top competition. He thought he could be a HW legend with just his power. Ray Longo sums it up perfectly here:

Everybody's a genius with hindsight. The fact is that Ngannou was plowing over everybody until he met Stipe, and could have won vs. Stipe. But he didn't, and I loved when he said that he learned more from his fight vs. Stipe than in 4 years of MMA training. He'll be back.

I want to see Big Ferg fight Raging Al after Longo calf kicks him.

BaLQ237IAAEZqIz.jpg

Not really. I wanted to make a point about having the right work ethic and mindset as a fighter. Maybe you're too insecure to handle that.
tenor.gif
Also lol at a cave dweller telling a fighter on what a fighters mentally should be.

Heavyweights are notorious for skipping cardio day and his cardio was his demise

Everybody's a genius with hindsight. The fact is that Ngannou was plowing over everybody until he met Stipe, and could have won vs. Stipe. But he didn't, and I loved when he said that he learned more from his fight vs. Stipe than in 4 years of MMA training. He'll be back.
It shouldn't have took a fight with Stipe to realize that MMA is a multidimensional game.

It shouldn't have took a fight with Stipe to realize that MMA is a multidimensional game.
Fair point, but the fact is that Ngannou was winning all of his fights in dominant fashion, so as the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. In other words, if things are going well, why change anything. Anyway, win or learn, and Francis learned a lot, so his loss was a huge step in his development very likely, something that was GOOD for him to go through, and I think he knows that.

Last edited:

he had other fights before Stipe. Nobody's chin really held up. He'd rarely fought more than 5 minutes, and never more than 10. He had every reason to think he could coast on his power.

How he evolves after this will really tell us a lot.

EDIT: looks like me and leonard were on the same page :p

tenor.gif
Also lol at a cave dweller telling a fighter on what a fighters mentally should be.

Well small baller if it makes you feel any better I have a 204-0 streetfighting record and I think Franc's mentality could use a lot of work

Yeah, giving a hard 4 minutes out of 5 rounds. He deserves so much credit...Not. Stop defending him like he's your girlfriend. MMA deserves more respect as a sport and art than what Ngannou, his cheerleaders, and the UFC have showed it.

Go tell the Connie's that ^^^ sh!t Francis just got put in his lane man, ain't like he can never fight again..? Quiet up Whitebelt he really ain't that bad.

Last edited:
He's only been training a few years, and every time he touches someone, they go unconscious. He assumed it would be the same thing with Stipe or anyone else that stood in front of him. He was wrong, he will learn from it.
This. more seasoned fighters have done the same thing.

Let it rest. 1 week ago, all the Stipe fans were barely talking. Now they have come out of the woodwork.

"Cave dweller"? Explain.

"Whitebelt"? Not sure if that's some sort of insult, but I've been reading Sherdog forums for years. I decided to join recently.

I25OxhD.gif
Come Check this been on the Dog for years but asks what Cave dewllers are? And asks and asks if Whitebelt strapping is some sort of insult, and added the classic ender just recently decided to join after all these years lurking...

giphy.gif

Someone needs to shoop Francis' face on Spike and Dana's face on Chester lol.

I just tried and gave up... Honestly I don't give enough fucks about Francis to spend any more time shooping him.

Zero cardio, zero grappling really is a perfect summary. I doubt Francis's cardio will ever be a strongpoint, but it'll be very interesting to see if he can improve his grappling skills because he looked horrible in that regard.

I think he thought he was just going to knock Stipe out. When that didn't happen and was getting grappled... seems like he gave up mentally. But that guy is still very young in the fight game. Expect to see much more from him in the future.

Back