Ngannou worst hype train derailment since ronda?

He is leaving the UFC performance institute and moving his next camp to Wakanda.

I was part of the Nganou hype crew. We all thought he was the next GOAT hw, he was talked about all over the place. Since stipe beat him hes almost become irrelevant, this is probably the worst loss of hype ive seen as a fan since ronda.

With all due respect sir, your example is shitty.

Ronda had 6 title defenses against all her division could offer (some idiot will call it cans), N'Gannou was pushed like crazy with stupid stuff like the Ko machine record before getting manhandled by Stipe.

I know people here love to talk about Hype etc but at least the Ronda's hype was real and she only lost because of a bad strategy (bull rushing against a counter attack boxer) and decided to rely on the weakest part of her fighting ability (boxing). I am not talking about the Nunes fight wich was far from necessary at this point.

Yes she was annoying and arrogant at the end of her championship reign but enough of the people who think she was just "hype". She is the one who made the women able to fight in the UFC, still holds the record for most title defense before it goes yoyo with every women becoming champion, many accomplishment outside the UFC like Best Female Athlete ESPY (first MMA fighter to get it and three years in a row)...

So how about choosing another fighter to compare with N'Gannou who did nothing similar ?

Last edited:
I was part of the Nganou hype crew. We all thought he was the next GOAT hw, he was talked about all over the place. Since stipe beat him hes almost become irrelevant, this is probably the worst loss of hype ive seen as a fan since ronda.
I guess you are just so dissapointed but as a fan you will give him another chance in his next fight
poor Ngannou completely underestimated everything but punching power.

It was pretty bad

giphy.gif
I think if you see this in a fight whatever round it is you know that the guy who eat that punch like that will not win

I fail to see how one loss against an all-time great HW qualifies as "derailment." Using that asinine logic, everyone except undefeated fighters would be derailed. In this sport, especially at HW, it's damn near impossible to remain undefeated.

Personally, I never thought Francis was the next GOAT. And I certainly didn't think he would beat Stipe. But the guy has come amazingly far in the short time he's been fighting. And he still has room to improve. Saying he's a derailed hype train is just nonsense.

cm punk
sage northcutt
paige vanzant
mike perry
will brooks

all contenders
this

...minus perry. say what you want about that guy's personality, but i like his fighting style, and i dont necessarily think he's all hype or that it's been derailed. he'll probably never be champion but I think most of his fans, deep down in their platinum core, know that as well. doesn't mean he can't have a following.

but those others you mentioned, yes. eric silva & houston alexander come to mind as well

As glorious as Ronda’s fall from grace was, she can’t really be considered a hype train. She was a 6 time defending champ. I mean WMMA itself is a hype train just waiting to die out.

I wouldn’t consider any former champion to be in “hype train” territory. Most recent crash before Ngannou was probably Rumble’s train between both Cormier losses.

lol WMMA is a hype train waiting to die out? What gave you that idea? The addition of two more women's divisions int he UFC?

It's a good thing you're not in charge of any businesses

False . Ngannou is about to KO the beast then BROCK is next after that stipe rematch and he will take off stipe head

? How is it a hype train derailment? You mean you actually believed the hype that the UFC sold on Ngannou?

The majority of sherdog (myself included) gave him a punchers chance of winning at best.

Buddy needs to drop some muscle and do some cardio. Maybe overeem can give him lessons

Nah Connie getting raped and out struck by gate keepping cabo diaz was biggest..I bet some Connie fans ended it that night.

He lost a decision to a dominant champ

Yeah such a hype derailment.

Stipe brutally stopped his five previous opponents, say what you want but Ngannou still survived to a decision and did more damage than in all of Miocic's combined defenses. Francis got his ass kicked, but he can still beat lots of heavyweights.
Exactly, and he did beat AA and AO. Similar as Rumble, someone called him a hypejob. These guys fucked up some top guys up to their title shot. How is that a hype? He's the no2 heavyweight.

Sage was a hype, Eric Silva was a hype, Vera is a hype Job.

losing to the champ doesn't make you all hype. And losing after being champion and defending several times certainly doesn't.

The hype hasn't been derailed in the minds of most smart people. Ngannou was very close to winning the fight and showed amazing durability.

He's the clear favorite against any heavyweight other than Stipe. Even in a rematch against Stipe, the odds would be close.

Sorry, but no muscle bound fighter will ever be GOAT. I know Hollywood brain washed you turds but Fedor and Cain debunked your nonsense, and long before Bobby Knuckles did and long after Royce did. The more muscle, the quicker you gas.

Can you believe he was a favorite (albeit small) over Stipe?

I definitely gave Ngannou a solid puncher's chance to win but I won some money betting on Stipe.

Yeah, it was a pretty bad hype job because the UFC hyped him up so much, far more than Sherdog or hardcore fans. I mean, his best two wins were against old chinny standup guys, Overeem and Arlovski.

If he had beaten Werdum or even JDS, I would have bought into it more.

? How is it a hype train derailment? You mean you actually believed the hype that the UFC sold on Ngannou?

The majority of sherdog (myself included) gave him a punchers chance of winning at best.

Buddy needs to drop some muscle and do some cardio. Maybe overeem can give him lessons

If he did, he's one of a like a half dozen hardcores who got suckered.

Everybody here was laughing at the way that UFC pushed Ngannou because Dana obviously wanted a more controllable champion, yet I keep seeing posts about Ngannou's nonexistent fanbase.

It's fucking bizarre, even by Sherdog standards.

web1_web-rr-101216_7187466.jpg
nintchdbpict000291553860.jpg
335107-e3a7dbd6-8bd6-11e5-9dbd-5e9bd3d8c31c.jpg

Ngaunou went five rounds with champ. Don't compare her to cowardice Ronda.

One fighter lost his first title shot, the other fighter defended her belt 6x. I understand that Ronda has her shortcomings, didn't face killer competition, and has an average at best standup game, but how many title defenses would it take for TS to consider her legit instead of "hype"?
Ngannou is also young for a HW, just cuz he got a title shot relatively quickly doesn't mean he won't improve, it's still possible for him to become a champion.

Back