Ngannou will crush Reem

Treeloy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Going to give my official prediction now. I don't make predictions as much these days, as my betting days are over, however, once in awhile a fight comes by where I absolutely know who will win

Ladies and Gentleman, Ngannou is going to blast the hell out of Overeem with punches, finish him and make it look easy in the process. Overeem has historically done worse against big guys who can punch. I know he beat JDS, but I think JDS was mentally broken going in to that fight.

I see Ngannou has tons of confidence and he's a physical beast. There is no way Reem can take his punches. Reem has a very small head for a heavyweight and he just cant absorb big punches as well as other guys, especially at this point in his career where he has been KO'd so many times.

I see Ngannou clipping him, and Reem will curl up with his hands up against the cage like he usually does, and Ngannou will tee off on him unti he gets the KO or the ref saves Reem.

Reem has the skills to win, but if he gets cracked it will be over fast. I can see this going either way, but am leaning towards Ngannou as well.

Reem wins.

Hypetrain comes to an end. Junior would have finished him too.

Reem wins.

Hypetrain comes to an end. Junior would have finished him too.

You need to watch more MMA. Ngannou flatlines him in the first round. Maybe even in the first exchange.

Firstly, nobody really runs through Reem. Rothwell being the one and only example tbh and even he took some punishment.

Ngannou can't take many clean shots from Reem himself, Overeem has hurt pretty much everyone with every he lands . Ngannou is still a fairly uknown quantity. Overeem still beating top 5 opponents consistently.

Of course Ngannou can finish him but Reem has to be the favorite here.

Last edited:
Ngannou cracks that glass chin in the first. Will probably be over inside 2 minutes

Love both of them. When 1 of them looses i will shed a tear. 1 thing i know for sure someone is getting knocked the fuck out i don't see this going to a decision.

Not unlikely. I'm counting on Reem getting knocked out again within his 1-2 next fights because of his questionable defense.
The way he keeps his hands low and slowly ducks under some shots always keeps me on the edge of my seat thinking he was gonna get clipped any moment.

Alistair also tends to gets pushed back towards the cage a few times every fight. And then he just puts his guard up and prays he'll survive, or tries to run away - which always looks soo dangerous, cause he's barely fast enough (not nearly as fast as other Guys who run like that, for instance Gus).

Ngannou seems pretty good at finishing guys when they are backed up against the cage, with uppercuts or straights.
He's also okay at timing his opponents, baiting them to throw and then countering with a huge hook.

Last edited:
One is for certain. If Reem had a good-great chin, he would be unstoppable.

People always count Overeem out, but even when he loses it's because he lost focus for a second, but was otherwise winning the fight. This really depends on N-dogg's gas tank. If he can swing at air for a few rounds and still have power to ko Reem, he might win. If not, Reem by decision or ko. Reem's only weakness is his chin. He's still the most accomplished and best technical striker at hw.

people seem to not think about Ngannou's wins all being ranked at LEAST ten spots lower than Reem as a factor. Want the newer heavyweights to resurrect the division but I can't pretend Nagannou can do anything to Reem that Reem couldn't do to him.

No shi* sherlock TS. Ngannou's hands are the size of a torso. He gonna put em all over Alistaircase's FACE

People always count Overeem out, but even when he loses it's because he lost focus for a second, but was otherwise winning the fight. This really depends on N-dogg's gas tank. If he can swing at air for a few rounds and still have power to ko Reem, he might win. If not, Reem by decision or ko. Reem's only weakness is his chin. He's still the most accomplished and best technical striker at hw.
Ima agree with this however. Reem is most certainly a gifted striker with a LOT of technical striking ability. His body kicks and knees are brilliant. Ngannou's best chance is to turn his lights out with them Golem sized hands

Always pulling for the term but atleast I like the match up if he gets koed oh well atleast there is some fresh blood in the division

Hopefully he does. Ngannou is the future of the HW division, no time or patience for no setbacks now.

Ngannou is going to get exposed by Eco "Game plan aka running" Overeem, the jump in competition is too big

If Overeem chooses to go the Team Jackson route, give himself the best chance regardless if it's crowd pleasing or not, he can apply a workmanlike approach by constantly initiating the clinch and look for trips to get him down.

Reem's got a technique where he throws a knee to the body from the clinch, then catches the knee thrown in return to get the takedown (inexperienced fighters tend to throw back based on instinct, while experienced ones know what's coming next).

Ngannou hasn't shown skillful TDD, mainly his strength to shrug 'em off, also with power subs like the kimura against Hamilton and a standing guillotine earlier in his career. Win via overpower.

A clinch-to-grappling approach gives Reem the best chance to avoid a loss, but he'll be dead tired if he succeeds. It's a crapshoot on the feet cuz of Reem's china.

Last edited:
I know reem is incredibly talented but I have a feeling Ngannou might be a guy who just smashes everyone. Right now I think the only guy who has a chance against him is Cain. I could be wrong because it's early to tell but from what I've seen so far, this guy is on another level. I think he would KO JDS.

Im affraid that Reem's chin won't hold for long, what if Nganno clip him with something

Back