Ngannou will be back and become Champion.

I didn't hear him congratulate Stipe once or give any props to him.

And he wasn't just confident before the fight he was cocky and arrogant.
He admitted that he underestimated Stipe, revealed how he went wrong etc.. He was a bit cocky before the fight, but at least he wasn't crying or sulking like a sore loser after he loss.

Stipe and Cain beat him 80% of the time.

I believe that this is the only way to beat Ngannou. Guy has an insane chin. He ate shot after shot when he was already gassed out.

People are writing him off so soon, just like the casuals they are. The guy will be terrifying once hes corrected his mistakes, if he isn't already.

His chin certainly makes him scarier. I'd argue he was born with gifts: his size, power, and chin more so than he's highly skilled and that's why he might be champ one day.

I agree that any top level skilled HW has a pretty decent chance to beat him if they avoid the big shots for 4-5 minutes. Which again doesn't speak to a really high skill level. Still scary as hell and able to KO anyone.

Maybe if they implemented a SuperHeavywight division

Francis 500,

Maybe.. Maybe.. Champion but not a great champion. Cause lack of cardio and great wrestling. It takes years to have it.

Ngannou was frightened at the beginning, the fight was too soon indeed.
He made a beginner mistake, throwing full Hayemaker.

He need to improve boxe, jab, jab, jab, a stiff boxe a la miocic, it will be enough to be champion.

he needs to improve grappling in case of problem as well.

He should go ATT

Great heart

He admitted that he underestimated Stipe, revealed how he went wrong etc.. He was a bit cocky before the fight, but at least he wasn't crying or sulking like a sore loser after he loss.

He never gave Stipe props. He is a sore loser.

He never gave Stipe props. He is a sore loser.
giphy.gif

If he goes to a legit camp that improves his cardio and takedown defense he will be

Here is the problem which was Francis undoing.

This was a big fight for him and remember he is young in this sport. A lot of pressure and feel to a championship fight.

Was it too soon for him? You could argue yes and no. But Francis has gone on a streak and his last 5 fights are hardly hyped with how he finished them.

Now going into this, he wanted to try and win spectacular fashion which is great as long as you can keep the same pace throughout the fight. He couldn't do it even though he caught Stipe with some very tough shots and had stunned him.

By the end of the first the moment got to him and he had an adrenaline dump. You could see he was tired compared to his previous fights where he goes into the 2nd he was more composed and relaxed.

Stipe had similar pressure but was able to compose himself better and even though he was tiring, he was still far fresher and lets be honest, trying to wrestle a 265+ heavyweight is exhausting.

From the start of the 2nd round it was downhill for Francis as he was tired being caught up in the moment and wearing himself out too quick.

Another thing, I questioned why he flew to Paris 2 weeks before the fight which I think was the wrong thing to do. He should have stayed at Las Vegas and got his coach to fly out to him to do the last preparations. Out of the 2 weeks your gonna waste 2-3 in travelling time and recovery which could have been used for training. It probably wouldn't have made much difference but you want the least amount of distractions going into the fight.

Where does this leave Francis? Well this was an excellent learning experience for him and what it takes to be a champion. I don't feel it was early as he earned the title shot. As a fan of his we all knew he had flaws in his game but he is still learning and had been getting better.

He can watch the fight back with his coaches and go through exactly where it went wrong and work on the areas he is weak at. I have no doubt he will be back and he was acknowledged he has a lot to learn which means he knows he's got work to do which will give him motivation to improve.

I like to see him fight in 6 months so towards the end of August which will give him time to recover and work his game better. I think the loss will benefit him so much more than if he had won.

He seemed pretty good at the press conference to me. He took that loss way better than I expected especially seeing how confident he was before the fight.
ahhh, i see.

man, i was trying to watch the post fight presser. But i was passing out

Last edited:
It's not a stretch. Stipe will be 40 in a few years and Werdum and Cain will be retired by then.

I agree. I wanted to see Stipe win, and he was dominant but Ngannou will be back. With more training and better cardio I think he eventually gets the strap. He was thrown in too quickly, that's why hype trains need the brakes pumped. We hadn't seen him in deep waters and most were crowing him the the new champ.

wont beat the tops guys unless he gets some good takedown defense at the very least

didnt he throw a combined 5 strikes in 3 rounds? lmao.

Anyone who has followed this sport can see his immense talent.

He was probably pushed into the spotlight too fast, too soon. But make no mistake, hes here to stay and hes not a flash in the pan.

The guy was throwing flying knees in the fifth round. The guy has heart and a warrior spirit. He will correct his wrongs. I feel sorry for the next guy facing him.

Edit: Props to Stipe. I didn't think he had it in him. But that was a champion performance. Stipe cemented himself as one of the greatest HWs of all time with this fight.

Maybe at the next title shot, he will not gas after 2 minutes.

He has the power, he has the chin, he has the athleticism, he has the heart he learns quick. He had an adrenaline dump vs the best HW in the world still managed to last 25 minutes.
He had an adrenaline dump FFS !! just like Carwin did vs Brock. Of course he'll be back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back