Ngannou vs Overeem

LOL at keyboard blowhards sh*tting all over the Reem.

At this stage in his career, he has nothing to gain and everything to lose by taking this fight...and still took it anyway like a f*cking boss.....while other "fighters" are ducking and weaving their way to the title shots.

Cliffnotes for TUF noobs:

Career spanning 2 decades in this fight game, against the best of the best. Hari, Saki, Aerts, Crocop, JDS, Hunt, Belfort, Lesnar, Spong, Vovchanchyn, the list goes on...

Whether Reem wins or loses, he'll go down as one of the best fighters to ever do it.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yes. Why the fuck is everyone rallying against Reem?

I'd have to see the ranking from the time, but you are right in that it probably wouldn't have put him in the top 10 at the time. He was ranked at MW in PRIDE for a while before, and would be at HW since Fujita or Rogers. That would be around 8 years ranked, if not more. Maybe Barnett and Nog are also in this brackett. Obviously Fedor, Henderson, Belfort, Silva, Bisping and Nog were as well...Werdum also is closing in. Also Guida, Edgar... whew.

He definitely didn't get ranked for beating Fujita in 2009.

Like I said, he has been ranked for quite a while.... but so has Hunt, Arlovski, even Roy Nelson. HW division is just awful for bringing in new talent.

He definitely didn't get ranked for beating Fujita in 2009.

Like I said, he has been ranked for quite a while.... but so has Hunt, Arlovski, even Roy Nelson. HW division is just awful for bringing in new talent.

Yep. Overeem has such mileage though. He's been around forever, since he was a kid. It's pretty insane to think Overeem's first fight was in 1999. Almost 60 fights...

I think he has taken far too much punishment and should have retired already.

Cardio aside, this is a terrible fight for Ngannou assuming Overeem still knows how to check leg kicks.

If Overeem needs to land HARD body / leg kicks early. He should keep range and use his experience, and not stay in the pocket at any time IMO.

Overeem is going to want to make it a slower paced kickboxing fight or, even more likely, a clinch fight. He has to know he doesn't stand much of a chance in the pocket unless it's to land one shot if Ngannou has a lapse of concentration. Ngannou should be planning to get in the pocket but not all the way in the clinch. Then unload his power shots.

Overeem will sit back
Throw a few leg kicks
Desperately go for a td

Ngannou will throw 1 shot from a weird angle
And end up killing overeem in the octagon
Don't forget he will run around also lol to hope he tires out francis

Back