Ngannou vs Overeem

Giblert2015

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
What do you think is the best gameplan for Ngannou against Overeem?
Should he be patient or just bum rush into Reem in hope to find that chin?
Being hesitant like Dos Santos is probably the worst because Overeem will pick his shots at that pace.
I think Overeem will take it because of his (or his camps) fight IQ and experience.

I think Overeem will retire, he's been having a good showing lately but N'gannou is gonna murk him. Overeem will win the standup for the majority of the fight however long and then he will get KO'd.

Reem drops Ngannou with a body kick and subs him

Ngannou needs to stay out of kicking range and just box with him. I think he eventually finds his chin and gets the KO. If Ngannou tries to fight too safe and stay in kicking range he will lose.

I have Ngannou by 2nd round KO though.

Overeem will sit back
Throw a few leg kicks
Desperately go for a td

Ngannou will throw 1 shot from a weird angle
And end up killing overeem in the octagon

LOL at keyboard blowhards sh*tting all over the Reem.

At this stage in his career, he has nothing to gain and everything to lose by taking this fight...and still took it anyway like a f*cking boss.....while other "fighters" are ducking and weaving their way to the title shots.

Cliffnotes for TUF noobs:

Career spanning 2 decades in this fight game, against the best of the best. Hari, Saki, Aerts, Crocop, JDS, Hunt, Belfort, Lesnar, Spong, Vovchanchyn, the list goes on...

Whether Reem wins or loses, he'll go down as one of the best fighters to ever do it.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I think Overeem will retire, he's been having a good showing lately but N'gannou is gonna murk him. Overeem will win the standup for the majority of the fight however long and then he will get KO'd.
Overeem is not retiring pal, that dude could get knocked out another 4-5 times, he'll just go to Japan.

Can you guys remember when Dana White said that he wasn't all that keen on signing Overeem.

He was supposedly "not even in the top 10" according to White. The dude was and is just hilarious at times.

Overeem's chin is so suspect that he will 100% be running again in this fight. No way on god's green earth is Francis clean, not even with the whole "oh, but African genetics" excuse. No harm no foul though, because Overeem was a juicehead for years so what goes around comes around. I say all that to say this, I don't think Francis is anywhere near as technical as Alistair, but all it takes is one winging hook.

I reckon it ends in a brutal KO either way. Would be STOKED if Overeem pulled this off.

Ngannou after Reem starts gassing (again)

War Reem though!

The hardest hitter in the division meets the glassiest chin in the division.

If gannou touches reem its over

Allistair is way, way past his prime, and this is pretty much the worst kind of fight for him at this point. A young, huge guy with reckless offensive power.

Overeem has had arguably the most grueling career in martial arts history, between his K1, ADCC and MMA career. He has taken more punishment and been around for longer at the top than almost everyone. Certainly, than any other active HW at the top. Look at his record.

One of the greats, for sure.

What do you think is the best gameplan for Ngannou against Overeem?
Should he be patient or just bum rush into Reem in hope to find that chin?
Being hesitant like Dos Santos is probably the worst because Overeem will pick his shots at that pace.
I think Overeem will take it because of his (or his camps) fight IQ and experience.
STAND AND BANG! No submissions in this one

Ngannou should be the aggressor from very start and never let Alistair find his distance and set up his superior technical striking

If he brawl in his face from the start being careful to not be thai clinch'd there's not much Reem can do
Reem go to sleep

Back