Ngannou The Mummy

Superman Elbow

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Seriously tho, doe's anyone have any kind of legit reason why they were wrapping him in towels between rounds? Even the most casual of fans would probably do better corner work than that.

Nng.JPG

They could have placed him in a giant bucket of ice and it wouldn't have made any difference

Ngannou 5000
giphy.gif

Someone said the towel was drenched in ice water to cool him down, but it looks damn dry to me

I do not know why they do this, but were people roasting his corner this badly when he knocked the head off of Overeem or TKO Arlovski in a minute or kimura'd Anthony Hamilton? I know most of his fights havent gone beyond 1 round so you havent been seeing alot of his corner's work but these guys are also his coaches and trainers and they seemed to be effective until this point.
One possibility is to keep his muscles warm and loose.

His Corner has Low IQ.

00naughtygspbulletproof.gif~c200

Or maybe this would have been better.

giphy.gif

I would think that Dewey Cooper "The Black Cobra" would know his way around a fight corner. Maybe they were telling Francis that he was Superman, and that the towel was his cape.

NBA players always either get draped with a towel or more likely put their warm-ups back on immediately after subbing out to stay loose and flexible. I always assumed fighters used ice on the back of the neck mostly to wake 'em up from getting smashed in the face....no?

Because he comes from a hot country, and Boston, in January, is fucking freezing.

NBA players always either get draped with a towel or more likely put their warm-ups back on immediately after subbing out to stay loose and flexible. I always assumed fighters used ice on the back of the neck mostly to wake 'em up from getting smashed in the face....no?
Helps cool the brain down to keep you from overheating as well. Having been in the ring before it's insane how fast you heat up with your heart rate going sky high during dangerous exchanges. Even training in the gym during the summer we would sometimes need ice packs on our heads because of your body temp climbing so quickly.

I would think that Dewey Cooper "The Black Cobra" would know his way around a fight corner. Maybe they were telling Francis that he was Superman, and that the towel was his cape.

Yeah that goof has a great record with MMA coaching..

Back