Ngannou = Sokodjou

They're both black guys. Astute observation by TS.

Sokodjou beat Arona and lil nog, while Francis has only beaten Overeem. Surely you can't count the Arlovski win considering how shot he is
We count Overeem and Andrei among Stipe's wins. We also count old hobbit JDS, old ass Werdum, and ancient Mark Hunt among those wins.

So if you are going to play the not-counting-wins game, at least play it consistently.

In some ways Stipe had just as much to prove at 220 as Francis. And he proved that he's a better wrassler and takedown artist than Francis is brawl-and-sprawler.

Sokoudjou didn't have too much muscle. He was actually a small 205er, especially by today's standards.

Ngannou is legit an incredible athlete for MMA.

Sokoudjou was jacked and has been jacked his entire career.

They're both black guys. Astute observation by TS.

We count Overeem and Andrei among Stipe's wins. We also count old hobbit JDS, old ass Werdum, and ancient Mark Hunt among those wins.

So if you are going to play the not-counting-wins game, at least play it consistently.

In some ways Stipe had just as much to prove at 220 as Francis. And he proved that he's a better wrassler and takedown artist than Francis is brawl-and-sprawler.
I never said I didnt count them against stipe. Stipe has the benefit of fighting a bunch of guys who are old and shop worn. JDS hasn't been the same since the cain fights (JDS vs Stipe 1 was a really good showing by Stipe even tho he lost)
Overeem is a glass cannon and got knocked out by Travis and Rothwell
Arlovski is over the hill but at least he was on a streak when Stipe got him
Werdum is still good even tho hes getting older
Hunt is obviously done and isn't the same fighter he used to be
The heavyweight division is basically a retirement village. I like Stipe and think he's a good fighter but hes beating washed up legends, hes not beating these guys in their primes

Not even though. Francis was the perceived favorite in his big wins. Soko was a total nobody. No bullshit, when he won his second big fight against Arona and I saw that shit on Sherdog, I thought it was a lame April fool's joke. That's how out of nowhere those wins were. Where as no one in the world was surprised win Overeem was knocked out.

I never said I didnt count them against stipe. Stipe has the benefit of fighting a bunch of guys who are old and shop worn. JDS hasn't been the same since the cain fights (JDS vs Stipe 1 was a really good showing by Stipe even tho he lost)
Overeem is a glass cannon and got knocked out by Travis and Rothwell
Arlovski is over the hill but at least he was on a streak when Stipe got him
Werdum is still good even tho hes getting older
Hunt is obviously done and isn't the same fighter he used to be
The heavyweight division is basically a retirement village. I like Stipe and think he's a good fighter but hes beating washed up legends, hes not beating these guys in their primes
In that regard Stipe is not unlike Jon Jones, minus the cocaine car crashes and steroid pops.

Which is why Stipe beating Francis was a pretty big deal. Stipe needed it as much as Francis did. Both have had the benefit of fighting (extremely!) shopworn veterans. I expect we'll see Stipe and Francis fight again. Probably more than once. But that depends on how Francis responds to the loss...

In that regard Stipe is not unlike Jon Jones, minus the cocaine car crashes and steroid pops.

Which is why Stipe beating Francis was a pretty big deal. Stipe needed it as much as Francis did. Both have had the benefit of fighting (extremely!) shopworn veterans. I expect we'll see Stipe and Francis fight again. Probably more than once. But that depends on how Francis responds to the loss...
Jon has two wins over DC and one over Gustafson so it’s a bit better. I don’t think stipe has beaten any of the elite in their prime.

As much as you don't like it Ngannou isnt going to just fade away. He's going to get better and fight for the belt again.

Exactly, dude just went 5 rounds with the best HW in the world and didn't quit. I have a lot of respect for him for doing that. Many heavy hitters would have looked for a way out once they gassed and were mounted, but he fought to the very end.

Lol half you fucking dorks calling him
a bum and talentless were on his DICK last week

I do love this place at times

Jon has two wins over DC and one over Gustafson so it’s a bit better. I don’t think stipe has beaten any of the elite in their prime.
who is elite in their prime at todays ufc HW division by your standards?

who is elite in their prime at todays ufc HW division by your standards?
Honestly I don’t think anyone but stipe and possibly Cain are still in their primes. Every other top fighter is past it and I still don’t think Francis has hit his prime

I made this comparison while ago, i think sokodjou has more skills he shows flashes of brilliance every now and then. The TTD against arona was the best were he hop on i leg backwards at full speed then jump off that one leg to dodge the sweep then defend the single leg attempt.

This fight how ever did show ngannou has more heart and chin then sokodjou tho. Sokodjou wouldn't quit round 2 if this happened to him.

Back