Ngannou might be the first A-level athlete in the UFC HW division, but he is not the first A-level

View attachment 309661 View attachment 309663
View attachment 309667

How many a level athletes can run and sprint for 90 plus minutes and be able to jump that high for a header? Majority of American football players wouldn’t even last 25 minutes.

Cardio, endurance and technique is the more important for mma than strength and size.
They're not running and sprinting for 90 minutes though. They're walking or jogging the majority of the time. Ronaldo is incredibly athletic, but he's not representative of soccer as a whole.

If I had to take my chances lasting 90 mins in a football game or 25 in an MMA fight, the choice would not even be an easy one, it would be the simplest choice ever made.

They're not running and sprinting for 90 minutes though. They're walking or jogging the majority of the time. Ronaldo is incredibly athletic, but he's not representative of soccer as a whole.

If I had to take my chances lasting 90 mins in a football game or 25 in an MMA fight, the choice would not even be an easy one, it would be the simplest choice ever made.
We are comparing soccer to American football.
We are not comparing soccer to mma.

Soccer players all made better wrestlers than football players at my high school. Soccer players are better suited for mma than football players. That’s my point.

Ngannou played touch butt with Cisse.

Stipe played grade baseball.

Joe Rogan & college athlete Tank Abbott are the only a-level athletes to step inside the 8 walls of the octagon.

hqdefault.jpg

After seeing fighters lose due to poor endurance and cardio time after time, It really boggles my mind that a lot of you don’t put endurance and cardio as the main focal point of what makes a “A-level athlete”.

Soccer players have A-level coordination and timing. What they don't have on the same level as NFL players is power and explosiveness, which are vital in MMA.

This is complete nonesense. "Soccer" players are literally ranked in statistic databases on how many sprints they can do in a game and how fast those sprints are. Explosiveness is hugely important - it's often the only way to open the opponents defence. I know American people want to believe that NFL and NBA players are the only athletes in the world, but it's just not true. Stop commenting on sports you know nothing about, it's embarassing.

Messi is NOT an A-level athlete (although Ronaldo definitely is). Messi has superb coordination and dribbling ability, but he has no spectacular physical gifts.

Of course he does. His ability to change direction at speed was unrivalled when he was young. Nobody could touch him. He's not beating Ronaldo in a 100m sprint, but it's the 5-15 metres that often count in football - and what's required is balance, agility, explosiveness and a low centre of gravity - you know, athleticism.

Soccer players have A-level coordination and timing. What they don't have on the same level as NFL players is power and explosiveness, which are vital in MMA.
People like Kenny Florian and Jose Aldo played soccer before MMA. Coincidentally both of them have a strong kicking game, which was/is a very important element in their skills. Aldo is considered very explosive. NFL players have power and explosiveness but it doesn't always translate well into MMA. Learning kickboxing is also easier if you've played soccer, because you're already familiar the mechanics of kicking.

You're acting like the guy is some ultra athletic 265lbs gymnast who can knock fools out.

Ngannou is just a huge, strong dude with massive KO power, like many others before.
Lets be honest, he doesn't even throw clean punches. Not that he has to, though, as his power takes care of that gap. Still, all I see in the guy is another Shane Darwin, Todd Duffee, Cheick Kongo.

He fights nothing like those three, and has shown more speed and arguably power than even Carwin.

Back