Ngannou might be the first A-level athlete in the UFC HW division, but he is not the first A-level

How can Ngannou be the first A-level HW in the UFC if Randleman is the first A-level fighter in the UFC???

Randleman was a HW for fucks sakes.

LOL trust me soccer is not competition for combat sports,

it's a largely a huge lottery whether one will be gifted with co-ordinated feet and isn't a typical human athletic quality regardless, in other words there are tonne of people with greater physical potential than soccer players, they are literally just not good at kicking balls around, I'm talking about actual bums on the street

Best athlete on a soccer team by the standards we are typically thinking of here, is the goalkeeper, and often thats a (albeit a large and athletic) 40 year old man loool

Great av.

That is delusion. You are brainwashed by your NFL is athleticism propaganda. It's not just muscles and explosion. A football (soccer) player has top of the range endurance, balance, coordination, agility. They are insane athletes. Endurance is just as important as explosive strength. Ronaldo is a better athlete than anyone in MMA history. He is the best (along with Messi) in a talent pool of billions.

No I hate NFL too and think it's a sucky sport look at some of my other posts....of course there are good athletes in soccer, but it isn't a pre-requisite of the sport. There are literally slow as shit, weak as shit footballers that are good at passing ball, often the most important player on the team. Am also from England and played soccer through youth.

footballers are barely 1 or 0.5 percentile athletes and even then get beat out in certain attributes by basically average dudes. that means out of 100 or 200 dudes there is a good chance they are most athletic but will still get beat out in categories like strength especially if we are talking about a messi.
Apart from having good acceleration while running with a ball what A level attributes does Messi have?

Keep in mind things like ball control with feet are more likes skills, finesse and not something that any other athlete or human that doesn't play soccer would be expected to be good at.

Centre forwards, central defenders and the goalkeeper. Maybe a wing back/ Those are you star athletes on a football team the rest is skill and strategy.

A-level? Have you ever seen Ngannou do THIS??

roy+nelson.jpg

That is delusion. You are brainwashed by your NFL is athleticism propaganda. It's not just muscles and explosion. A football (soccer) player has top of the range endurance, balance, coordination, agility. They are insane athletes. Endurance is just as important as explosive strength. Ronaldo is a better athlete than anyone in MMA history. He is the best (along with Messi) in a talent pool of billions.

And then you tell him, ok do backward flips or something and he can't :D

First at HW ?

What about this Bork guy ?
Word on the street is that he posted some decent NFL combine stats...

Maybe, but it's debatable. Brock moves quite fast for a HW, but he lacks that A-level coordination, in my opinion.

B+ athlete
1zfo6cm.jpg

it's a largely a huge lottery whether one will be gifted with co-ordinated feet and isn't a typical human athletic quality regardless, in other words there are tonne of people with greater physical potential than soccer players, they are literally just not good at kicking balls around, I'm talking about actual bums on the street

Best athlete on a soccer team by the standards we are typically thinking of here, is the goalkeeper, and often thats a (albeit a large and athletic) 40 year old man loool

Coordination is the second most important athletic attribute - ask any high level coach in almost any sport. The highest is mental, being able to perform under pressure, the discipline to bring yourself to practice hard and concentrate even when you don't want to. Fans think of explosiveness and strength when they think of athleticism, professional coaches will tell you those are important, but only after coordination and mental attributes have reached a certain level.

Professional soccer players have coordination and mental attributes at extremely high levels - they have to because of how competitive it is. The coordination is not primarily related to feet, its to balance and timing.

Interestingly enough, when they had the super athlete contests in the 70's and 80's, and soccer players did very well, sometimes winning. And the competition included NFL, NBA, MLB stars. Look up the results, it'll surprise you.

And I say this as someone who finds soccer pretty boring to watch. I just know enough about sport to realize that anyone getting millions a year to play a sport is a supremely good athlete, because there are a lot of very gifted athletes out there flipping burgers for a living because they're not quite good enough to get a pro-slot in their first sport, guys who'd be looking at a bunch of unathletic guys making big money in another sport and thinking "They're klutzes, why not spend a couple of years making the transition." There's a reason stars in all sports respect each other, they know what it takes to get there in any high level sport.

I love yoel and kevin RIP, however both are not clean and therefor cannot be considered A level. A level athletes do not need special supplements, thats why they are A level, ie Bo Jackson

{<jordan}
A level

Coordination is the second most important athletic attribute - ask any high level coach in almost any sport. The highest is mental, being able to perform under pressure, the discipline to bring yourself to practice hard and concentrate even when you don't want to. Fans think of explosiveness and strength when they think of athleticism, professional coaches will tell you those are important, but only after coordination and mental attributes have reached a certain level.

Professional soccer players have coordination and mental attributes at extremely high levels - they have to because of how competitive it is. The coordination is not primarily related to feet, its to balance and timing.

Interestingly enough, when they had the super athlete contests in the 70's and 80's, and soccer players did very well, sometimes winning. And the competition included NFL, NBA, MLB stars. Look up the results, it'll surprise you.

And I say this as someone who finds soccer pretty boring to watch. I just know enough about sport to realize that anyone getting millions a year to play a sport is a supremely good athlete, because there are a lot of very gifted athletes out there flipping burgers for a living because they're not quite good enough to get a pro-slot in their first sport, guys who'd be looking at a bunch of unathletic guys making big money in another sport and thinking "They're klutzes, why not spend a couple of years making the transition." There's a reason stars in all sports respect each other, they know what it takes to get there in any high level sport.

Listen I acknowledge there are some supreme athletes in football(soccer) who even well above average dudes could not aspire to be based on physical abilities alone. That isn't most of the players however. So yes some kind of mental skills must be manifesting that are also at a high level the question is do we ascribe mental skill as athletic skill.

I watched some of those old school TV shows, most of the events tested endurance as I see it. Yes the dudes would do things events but for instance.....

One episode of "superstars" tested how many bodyweight dips someone can do as a test of upper body strength, ignoring the obvious disparity in bodyweights and that for an athletic male, bodyweight dips are a test of endurance rather than strength biased towards a smaller athlete....

maybe for a woman or the obese it's a good test of strength, but those shows were more for fun than competition, no one needs to get injured

Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-Long-Volley-Goal.gif

il1ri3Y.gif

Thanks for proving the point....in both instances a better athletic peformance by the goalie could have prevented the goal....the goalscorer just had to be accurate. In football you can travel massive distances through your SKILL, but 10 years olds can kick a football this far, so nothing remarkable athletically aside from the fact they were on target.

Lol football players have cardio and "ball skills" but lack strength, which is vital in grappling sports. Wrestling is also far superior at building coordination and balance than running around kicking a soccer ball.

A sport where 155 pounders are deadlifting 425 is a strength sport.

Back