Ngannou loves the free training and free food at the UFC Performance Institute too much

th Fireball Kid

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Dude needs to join a real camp and get a wrestling coach and everything else.

To be fair he was in 3 round fight shape december when he fought overeem, and you can only add so much cardio in a month...

To be fair he was in 3 round fight shape december when he fought overeem, and you can only add so much cardio in a month...

A month is a tonnn of time to get in better shape.

The truth is he wasn't even in 3 round shape in December.. he was always just in 3 minute shape.

to be fair he had a half round of cardio tonight

That's just the way 260 lb fighters are. I can't recall one ever that can keep pace even in a 3 rounder

He's 31, so if he got with a solid camp now he could still go down as one of the greats.

A month is a tonnn of time to get in better shape.

The truth is he wasn't even in 3 round shape in December.. he was always just in 3 minute shape.
It depends on how the fight was going. It was world war III in that first round w stipe. He got Overeem out of there so quick,it boosted his confidence too much.

That's just the way 260 lb fighters are. I can't recall one ever that can keep pace even in a 3 rounder

Brock lasted 3 rounds and looked far better vs the likes of Herring/Hunt.. keeping a pretty good pace

Brock lasted 3 rounds and looked far better vs the likes of Herring/Hunt.. keeping a pretty good pace
That's true. Brock had cardio & size. That's probably part of why he was so good

Nice of his coaches to dry him off and made sure he wasn't slippery for Stipe

the UFC Performance Institute trainers were all probably 24hr fitness rejects

Where should he go though that is a hotbed for producing HW talent? The longest reigning champ trains in Independence,Ohio? I grew up there on Rockside rd by the Drug Mart..Go Blue Devils! but he could do a lot worse then being under the UFC umbrella.

Where should he go though that is a hotbed for producing HW talent? The longest reigning champ trains in Independence,Ohio? I grew up there on Rockside rd by the Drug Mart..Go Blue Devils! but he could do a lot worse then being under the UFC umbrella.

He doesn't have a dedicated wrestling coach, that's the prob.

People are talking shit about his wrestling but he was doing just fine in the first round considering Stipe isn't a slouch. I think it was a pacing issue. The head hunting was his undoing. I think he thought like a lot of people he was going to go in round 1 and murder Stipe for a quick and easy win. He didn't have a plan B. If he picked his shots and kept his output high enough with jabs etc. to keep Stipe off balance and guessing instead of throwing wild hay makers constantly that would have made a big difference. I'm not all that surprised at the results but I think if he planned a bit better the fight wouldn't have been such a one sided beat down after round 1.

People are talking shit about his wrestling but he was doing just fine in the first round considering Stipe isn't a slouch. I think it was a pacing issue. The head hunting was his undoing. I think he thought like a lot of people he was going to go in round 1 and murder Stipe for a quick and easy win. He didn't have a plan B. If he picked his shots and kept his output high enough with jabs etc. to keep Stipe off balance and guessing instead of throwing wild hay makers constantly that would have made a big difference. I'm not all that surprised at the results but I think if he planned a bit better the fight wouldn't have been such a one sided beat down after round 1.

First intelligent post of the night I've read that accurately depicts what we witnessed tonight.

What i find interesting is that the two most high profile users of the PI, Conor and Francis, both failed miserably cardio wise in their most recent fights. The PI may have the latest in fitness technologies but I dont think you can substitute for good old fashioned roadwork and pounding the pavement

Back