Ngannou KO of Overeem more impressive than anything Tyson did! -Rogan

You're an idiot for thinking that one thing makes him an idiot.

It certainly does, especially with the “constant use” part. It’s also not the only stupid shit he says, though, if we want to play that game.

Not as big an idiot as you are making of yourself defending his stupidity, to be fair.

This is true. This is very true.

However, so is every sport. Boxing is just blatant with it.

Damn near pro wrestling with it. Haha what did u think about that Matthysse knockout in jan? That seemed like such a work. Golden boy don’t give a fuck.

Damn near pro wrestling with it. Haha what did u think about that Matthysse knockout in jan? That seemed like such a work. Golden boy don’t give a fuck.

Oh that was a dive for sure. There's been plenty of fixes. Both Wilder/Stiverne fights were fixed as was his fight with Malik Scott, hence why Stiverne in the rematch was amazingly given the mandatory position despite not fighting in over two years, because they had done business before. He didn't even make the rematch look legit. After the first knockdown he stood up, stayed still on the spot and looked at Wilder as if to say "fuck this, just finish me now". I was convinced the Wilder/Ortiz fight was gonna be fixed - it just didn't make sense for them to take it, but it was indeed legit.

Then of course you get judges giving robberies seemingly every other week. I can't stand these journalists that call it "incompetence" when it's just out and out corruption. Then you get judges giving bullshit Split or Majority decisions to the correct winner, even though he won by miles. This is also a 'fixed' fight. This happens all the time and there's several reasons why:

1. Simple betting coup, winning money on good odds on split decisions

2. For narrative sake. Certain promoters can say there fighter only lost to a SD, giving the impression to people that it was a close fight and the fighter can come again.

Mayweather/Canelo was a perfect example of this. Stevie Wonder could have told you Floyd won that with ease but then these apparent professional judges are calling it a majority decision. Impossible.

Oh that was a dive for sure. There's been plenty of fixes. Both Wilder/Stiverne fights were fixed as was his fight with Malik Scott, hence why Stiverne in the rematch was amazingly given the mandatory position despite not fighting in over two years, because they had done business before. He didn't even make the rematch look legit. After the first knockdown he stood up, stayed still on the spot and looked at Wilder as if to say "fuck this, just finish me now". I was convinced the Wilder/Ortiz fight was gonna be fixed - it just didn't make sense for them to take it, but it was indeed legit.

Then of course you get judges giving robberies seemingly every other week. I can't stand these journalists that call it "incompetence" when it's just out and out corruption. Then you get judges giving bullshit Split or Majority decisions to the correct winner, even though he won by miles. This is also a 'fixed' fight. This happens all the time and there's several reasons why:

1. Simple betting coup, winning money on good odds on split decisions

2. For narrative sake. Certain promoters can say there fighter only lost to a SD, giving the impression to people that it was a close fight and the fighter can come again.

Mayweather/Canelo was a perfect example of this. Stevie Wonder could have told you Floyd won that with ease but then these apparent professional judges are calling it a majority decision. Impossible.
I was watching that Mattyhse fight and was baffled at how they didn’t even try to make it look good. And yeah, even Justin Bieber knew that Canelo Floyd scorecard was horse shit haha Floyd fixed his fight against Mcgregor by himself. The one uppercut he got hit with was when Floyd painfully obviously pulled his punch.

We've all said stupid shit
Joe just has thousands of hours of himself casually talking with friends and strangers available online

TS who is Tyson’s best win? Reem is on a higher level as fighter than any of Tyson’s wins. Tyson best win is an old Holmes or Razor......

I was watching that Mattyhse fight and was baffled at how they didn’t even try to make it look good. And yeah, even Justin Bieber knew that Canelo Floyd scorecard was horse shit haha Floyd fixed his fight against Mcgregor by himself. The one uppercut he got hit with was when Floyd painfully obviously pulled his punch.

Oh don't get me started on the McGregor circus ha!

That was always going to be a fixed fight. McGregor's team aren't stupid. They know in a legit boxing fight that Floyd would embarrass Conor so much that even the "it's not his sport" excuse wouldn't save him. His brand would be destroyed. Whenever McGregor's name would be brought up in future, all people would think about was Floyd bolo punching Conor with his left arm while playing checkers with his right hand. He could end in the first round easily if he wanted. People don't understand that there is levels to this, my god. His brand would be ruined. Floyds a businessman, he would happily make compromises for that pay check. Also Floyd is skilled enough to make it look legit. And I've not even mentioned UFC, who also would have knew this would damage their brand if it was legit, regardless of it being boxing and not mixed martial arts. I watched to see how they would script it, and it was perfect. Conor won a few rounds, landed more punches than Pacquiao but Floyd took over and got his expected stoppage against a novice.

Any future MMA bout would also be fixed. The problem is, it would be much harder to stage an MMA fight and make it look legit.

So he's an idiot because he has an opinion?

Soooooo that makes you an idiot too?
I agree with TS....Rogan is an idiot of he thinks Knocking out Overeem who has a known weak chin....is more impressive the anything Tyson did lol. Tysons KO reel is absurdly good.

If anyone wants to learn about fixed boxing fights then type in to YouTube 'Charles Farrell next big pod'. Charles was an ex boxing manager and fight fixer. He also knew Sonny Liston's manager and the Ali fights were indeed fixed. Charles gives examples of some past fixed fights and his suspicions of ones in recent years.

One of my favourite stories from the interview was when he managed Leon Spinks. Leon was way past it, mentally and physically, but he still had name value to get one last big pay day. They had lined up Larry Holmes, and Holmes had agreed to take it easy on Leon, and target the body more so than the head. Anyway, the fight fell through and ultimately never happened. So Charles had to find an opponent for Leon. Up steps Charles friend John Carlo, who had never had a professional fight in his life. John was a tough guy in the streets but even so, Charles never for one second thought he had a chance against an ex world champion in Leon Spinks, no matter how shot he was. Charles fabricated a boxing record for Carlo, to make him look like a respectable opponent. Well, what happens? John Carlo knocks Leon Spinks out in the first round!

Although I find Rogan to generally be fairly knowledgeable, comparing ngannou to Tyson is a joke.

Tyson was a fucking monster in the ring. The amount of power he could generate in a frame that could very well have fought a weight class lower was insane.

Watch what he did (twice) to a much larger Frank Bruno for example.

lol no....
Who is his best win than? Spinks? You chuckle but don’t offer any reason why. Fact is Reem is still a top fighter. Tyson best wins are a 40 year old Holmes, Razor or maybe Berbick? He crushed a lot of cans dude and Reem is not a can. I’ll wait till you google Tyson’s record because I bet you don’t even really know it and just watch hi lites.

I agree with TS....Rogan is an idiot of he thinks Knocking out Overeem who has a known weak chin....is more impressive the anything Tyson did lol. Tysons KO reel is absurdly good.

It doesn't make him an idiot. It just means you don't agree with his opinion.

If Rogan used a word like dramatic, I would have no problem with that statement. I would be just a matter of opinion and how important MMA vs boxing is for you. But saying it was more impressive is just stupid.

So he's an idiot because he has an opinion?

Soooooo that makes you an idiot too?
Shut up dummy. Having an opinion doesn’t make you an idiot. Having an idiotic opinion makes you an idiot.

Everything is "best ever" with Rogan. He's so damn annoying at times.

Shut up dummy. Having an opinion doesn’t make you an idiot. Having an idiotic opinion makes you an idiot.

But finding said opinion idiotic, is just an ... opinion.

But finding said opinion idiotic, is just an ... opinion.
That’s where an argument comes in. Knocking out Overeem in 4 ounce gloves does not quite hold a candle to what Tyson did.. yet. I hope Ngannou keeps it up but that is just too soon

Back