Ngannou KO of Overeem more impressive than anything Tyson did! -Rogan

lol, y'all mad at another person having an opinion.
Nobody’s mad, and you got slapped pretty hard in this thread for that idiotic post you opened with <45>

Nobody’s mad, and you got slapped pretty hard in this thread for that idiotic post you opened with <45>

Just because a lot of people had the same opinion doesn't make them NOT idiots.

If it hasn't been posted yet...timestamped.

What the fuck goes on in his head to continually say shit like this?

Tyson KO’d fighters who could actually take a punch.

yea some of the thing joe says are pretty out there

To be fair, and correct me if I’m wrong cuz I wasn’t alive in Tyson’s heyday, but Tyson never knocked anyone out as (mma equivalent) successful as Overeem in his sport right? Wasn’t Tyson known as a can crusher who folded against top guys?

No. He crushed everyone and everyone was trying to fight him. There were tons of things contributing to his loss, the foremost was Douglas's ability to keep him at bay with jabs. I'm not sure how he could be called a "can crusher" since he had beaten all the champs for their belts.

Larry Holmes did more than Overeem ever did and Tyson is the only person to KO him and that's just one example. Look how many people, champions even that never fought again after getting beat by Tyson.

Last edited:
To be fair, and correct me if I’m wrong cuz I wasn’t alive in Tyson’s heyday, but Tyson never knocked anyone out as (mma equivalent) successful as Overeem in his sport right? Wasn’t Tyson known as a can crusher who folded against top guys?

Ummm.... did Mike Tyson knock out anybody as successful at a 43-15 Alistair Overeem?

Umm.... yes.

He beat Razor Ruddock twice who was 25-1 (the first match). He beat Tony Tucker who was 34-0. He beat Michael Spinks who was 31-0. Pinklon Thomas was 29-1. Larry Holmes was 48-2. Tyrell Biggs was 15-0. Tony Tubs was 24-1. Frank Bruno was 32-2. Peter McNeeley was 36-1. Buster Mathis Jr. was 20-0. etc

So yeah, he definitely beat people more successful than Alistair Overeem.

Lol

That's about all. Rogan is like the "Hot Topic" of Boxing. Get that Maiden/Ali shirt off you poser. Same thing with his weed 420 the universe is awesome man shit. Yeah, we usually figure that out at 19, not 35.

wtf_talking_about_wolf_of_wallstreet.gif

Hands break if your punch lands the wrong way, boxing gloves shield the hands of the puncher from pugilistic fractures, however with Tyson's power combined with the weird ass movements of MMA fighters, him breaking his hand is a distinct possibility
just curious bout that leo

This is about the last straw with me and rogan. He constantly says retarded shit. Also has he even talked about the Machdia front kick? Fuck him lol.

Hands break if your punch lands the wrong way, boxing gloves shield the hands of the puncher from pugilistic fractures, however with Tyson's power combined with the weird ass movements of MMA fighters, him breaking his hand is a distinct possibility
just curious bout that leo
...it sounded like you were saying that MMA fighters not only kick each other in the head full blast regularly when training, but that that would somehow make their heads actually tougher, to the point that Mike Tyson would break his fist if he tried to punch them.

tumblr_ojs23j2uwt1w3rlcto1_400.gif

...it sounded like you were saying that MMA fighters not only kick each other in the head full blast regularly when training, but that that would somehow make their heads actually tougher, to the point that Mike Tyson would break his fist if he tried to punch them.

tumblr_ojs23j2uwt1w3rlcto1_400.gif
i might have come off as saying that, and i apologize if i misled you.
What i meant to say is these heavyweight dudes have hardass craniums (the headkick remark was just to embellish this fact) so a punch landing weirdly could definitely result in a fracture
has happened quite a few times in MMA

Yes, because knocking out Overeem these days is so much more impressive than becoming the youngest heavyweight boxing world champ and doing it in dominant fashion.

Tyson is obviously more impressive, but Tyson didn't beat very good comp to win the title, and defended it against some weak comp too. There is a reason Tyson is usually not ranked top 10 HWs ever (by actual fans, not casuals and MMA fans who think he is the greatest)

Joe Rogan said this on his podcast with Big John....

<LikeReally5>

Rogan is really an idiot sometimes, almost as bad as Ronda being a once in a lifetime talent.

2 minute mark.

I wouldn't say he's a idiot but..... Joe rogan be saying some dumb ass shit sometimes.

Tyson is obviously more impressive, but Tyson didn't beat very good comp to win the title, and defended it against some weak comp too. There is a reason Tyson is usually not ranked top 10 HWs ever (by actual fans, not casuals and MMA fans who think he is the greatest)

This shows you don't know what you are talking about, because it was multiple titles, won from multiple champs. Also, he was way up on those lists before his conviction and subsequent crazyness, and he still is on some. Don't think his absence from those lists means anything, I see MMA top whatever lists with Rhonda above Matt Hughes and McTapper above people who beat him.

Joe is a step away from Eddie Bravo level idiocy. Luckily he still has enough of his own mind left for that Bravo stage to be a big step.

Does he not realize Overeem barely has a chin left and that boxers at the top level have to have time tested chins? Even Amir Khan (oft ridiculed for being a boxer with great skill but a weak chin) has a significantly better chin than Overeem.

If you watch closely,just before Francis lands the knockout blow,you can clearly see him tap.Alastair felt it.

Back