Ngannou is really taking Stipe lightly

Ngannou's rise to the top reminds me of when Jon Jones was coming up through the ranks.

Everyone was supposed to be better than Jones. Better striking, more experience, better wrestling. All excuses, all wasted breath.

You're right.
And he seems like a POS too

Nagannou's wrestling is going to be exposed sooner or later. He can't wrestle and I highly doubt his wrestling is getting much improvement working in france.

If I was stipes coach I would be pressuring him to take a offensive wrestling approach to this fight, but everyone wants to just stand and bang these days so im expecting Nagannou to knock stipe down.

I would compare Ngannou with Rumble instead of Jones. Like Rumble, he is huge, very explosive, and has insane KO power. With Jones, you could see how talented he was in all facets of MMA. You could see his brilliant fight IQ, hunger, natural talent, and how rapidly he was improving his game with each fight.

Ngannou way better then rumble more technical doesn't quit

Stipe will bring him back to earth

Smush him into the cage
Get those big muscles working
Tire him
Get that takedown and break him

Keep believing you're own hype Francis

You knocked out Reem and Andrei ..
Whooooooopeee

Ngannou's rise to the top reminds me of when Jon Jones was coming up through the ranks.

Everyone was supposed to be better than Jones. Better striking, more experience, better wrestling. All excuses, all wasted breath.
OR, like most hype trains, it gets derailed badly. I don't know that it does or not, but Jones meteoric rise was the exception, not the rule, and he demonstrated a full and complete skillset on the way. Ngannou is a power puncher who's best wins are two guys with no chin between them. They're good fighters for sure, but conventional wisdom said that if a Ngannou punch whiffed them, they'd go down. We haven't seen him tested by anybody actually durable or with skilled grappling.

Until you fight Cain. There`s a way to beat everybody.
Well I never said he could beat Cain, I don't even know if he could beat Stipe. I just said it can take you a long way, which is why he's fighting for the title. Also as much as I love Cain, I would be hesitant to even let him sniff a title shot. He can't be trusted to show up.

Worst case scenario, Stipe gets a BRAND NEW CAR!

Well I never said he could beat Cain, I don't even know if he could beat Stipe. I just said it can take you a long way, which is why he's fighting for the title. Also as much as I love Cain, I would be hesitant to even let him sniff a title shot. He can't be trusted to show up.

Yeah, that's the shitty thing about Cain. The guy is so good but can't stop getting hurt. It's very unfortunate because skillwise.. based on his performances and such, I consider him one of the best HW's ever.

giphy.gif

brilliant first post.
Didn't see this gif for quite some time

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/francis-ngannou-ufc-220-stipe-miocic-champion-because-i-wasnt-here-yet

Every interview I see, he’s so dismissive of Stipe like he’s just a stepping stone. In a really arrogant way. UFC obviously wants Ngannou to win. I am so interested in this fight. Let’s go Stipe.

Let him.
he will learn the hard way not to do that.

But then again, it can be simply mind games, or his confidence in himself showing up.... which is the same one Stipe has...

He's bought into the Suredawg type hype. The fact that the UFC is gassing his ass up is only expediting the process.

One of these guys is getting knocked out. Whoever it is wouldn't surprise me when you're getting hit that hard.

Sure dawg. Heh heh.

He bought his own hype.

Someone is going to come along and out wit him.

Stipe better be shooting for his life. It's his only chance In this fight.

Never been Impressed with his boxing.

I'm rooting for Stipe but even though he has evolved a great deal over the past couple of years, Francis believes its not enough. You got to respect that cause he's keeping it real.If he should ko/tko Stipe and does it early-- the UFC has something special....and I'm talking " Mike Tyson " special.

Just think about this.Ngannou stiffs Stipe and they grant Miocic immediate rematch but he suffers injury in training and Travis Browne waves his hand cause he's only human being willing to step up in minimal time before fight .....
Fast forward to fight night and they show Travis come to cage and he's obviously shook as he's sweating an ocean and Ronda is putting xanax bars in his water as he looks like he wants out.

Ok- this is the marketing dollars that the UFC is willing to risk every time Ngannou defends his title as baddest man on planet. The Mike Tyson effect as they have contenders " Frank Bruno" themselves to the cage.

Flip side of the coin, Stipe is on a K.O streak of his own and what if MIocic connects on the button of Ngannou and Francis is out cold on cage floor???

This is what we call a " win win" for the UFC and their probably rooting for Ngannou cause of the way he's been dispatching his unfortunate opponent.

Back