Ngannou is really taking Stipe lightly

Stipe referring to someone as "just another guy" doesn't mean he's underestimating him, it means he's approaching said fight the same way he approached his previous fights. Which is a good thing, considering he has taken his preparations seriously thus far.

Ok using this same logic Ngannou thinking Stipe is a "stepping stone" is not him underestimating him. Why are we assuming one but not the other?

Ok using this same logic Ngannou thinking Stipe is a "stepping stone" is not him underestimating him. Why are we assuming one but not the other?

I was translating Stipe's attitude, I wasn't commenting on Francis'.

To be fair, Stipe is doing the same to Ngannou. Referring to him as "just another guy"

This is a fight between two guys who think their opponent is just another highlight waiting to happen. One of these guys will be right and the other wrong. It's awesome. I love fights like these

At least Stipe equates him with the other heavyweights. It's more like he doesn't like playing favorites or ranking one above the other. Francis has said things like it's Cain that impresses him, not Stipe, and that Stipe "has nothing for me." He actually called Miocic the "interim champion." Not the same, not one bit.

Stipe will win and make it look easy, mark my words

At least Stipe equates him with the other heavyweights. It's more like he doesn't like playing favorites or ranking one above the other. Francis has said things like it's Cain that impresses him, not Stipe, and that Stipe "has nothing for me." He actually called Miocic the "interim champion." Not the same, not one bit.

Ok? And what exactly is the issue with this? You kids are so damn sensitive these days lol

This fight should have been on Fox. UFC wasted a good opportunity.

Just like mcgregor dismissing his opponents, but in his case he was just confident n was “cool”, right?

What Ngannou will look like after Stipe pounds him out

H28fyI0.png

Stipe gonna get KTFO inside of 3 mins.

Junior%2Bdos%2BSantos%2BDrops%2BStipe%2BMiocic%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

Head comes forward in a straight line in addition to dropping his hand after the punch instead of recoiling to protect his chin. I have a feeling he’s gonna make the same exact mistake against Ngannou and he’s gonna get slept.

PaltryMammothClownanemonefish.gif

You just gonna stand there like a statue in striking distance with your hands out of place against an elite striker?

UFC161-NelsonXStipe-rd1-missedoverhandright-slowed-400-sg.gif

Once again hands way out of place. Sticking his arm out like Ronda when she gets tagged.

Aside from Ngannou’s power his speed and reflexes are what really fucks guys up. Stipe is too slow and stiff in addition to his defense having too many holes. He’s gonna get exposed.

Ngannou needs some humble pie diet.

Started beleiving stupid hipe too early.

You can tell everything has went straight to Ngannou's head very quickly, you could see that smug smile he couldn't contain at the press conference. He was very humble before now the "world's hardest punch" is getting thrown about and the Overeem KO.
IMO the "world's hardest punch" isn't legit it's like sports science when Vanzant was getting similar numbers to Cain and GSP and these arcade boxing machines that are all calibrated different and react to different ways of being hit. PS not denying his power
Also the Overeem KO was devastating but Overeem played a big part with that horrible gameplan and glass chin.
Everyone seems to be forgetting the Blaydes fight also and from what i remember Blaydes wasn't afraid to trade and it paid off until a doctors stoppage.
Stipe is being overlooked by a massively hyped fighter

Agreed, its gone to his head, Stipe isn't going to leave his chin on a plate like Overeem did. I think I'm going to bet on Stipe for this one, odds already @ +166 might wait to see if it gets even longer.

Ok? And what exactly is the issue with this? You kids are so damn sensitive these days lol

One person says Stipe and Ngannou are "doing the same thing." I show that it isn't. It's being sensitive to point out that an apple isn't an orange?

I don't see it that way. I see someone who believes in their abilities and is focusing all his positive energy into completing his goal.

More from the same article:

Ngannou, born in Cameroon and trained in France before a recent move to Las Vegas, said he occasionally takes for granted just how quick he’s made his way to the top.

“Sometimes I feel like it’s normal because even before my UFC debut, I always believed in myself,” Ngannou said. “I always believed even before I started the sport in my life that I can do something really great. That’s probably the reason that I started the sport – because I feel that when you feel something in you and something that you can’t explain, you just have to do it to show people.” [....]

“It’s [the championship] something very important – you can’t say that this means nothing,” Ngannou said. “It’s very important, but does this mean anything? No, this is just one step. Everything that I did or I’m doing is just one step of what I’m going to do.

“I’m not just looking to beat Stipe and be the champion and be complete. No, I’m looking forward to doing something really (special). I don’t know what, but maybe something that someone has never done.”
I think it's not just Stipe he looks upon as a stepping stone. Those of you rooting for Ngannou to win so he can be the dominant forever champ may be sadly disappointed, because these aren't the words of someone who sounds interested in sticking around.

I haven't been this excited for a HW title fight in a long time.

Someone is going to sleep, and I can't fucking wait!

Back