Ngannou gassed hard in RD 2 of Blaydes fight

Uhh...... Cisse did survive the 2nd round. He won the fight.
Oh yeah that's right, that was a year after Stipe got knocked out by Stephen Struve. I guess that makes this fight even more of a mystery as to what will happen.

Maybe because fights are 3 rounds

That guy said Ngannou was gassing by the end of the first round yet according to the stats there is absolutely no reason to think that. As for whether he was gassing at the end of the second round that's pure conjecture with no basis in fact at all other than gut feelings and eye tests. What we do know is:

1)Ngannou outstruck Blaydes
2)Ngannou dropped Blaydes
3)Ngannou technically finished Blaydes

And yet you cumrags are on here seriously trying to convince people that Ngannou was going to or was at any point in danger of losing that fight. Seriously?

This is one of the most false posts I have ever read, it's shocking.

Mark Hunt landed 46 strikes total (not significant, TOTAL) over five full rounds. Stipe landed 361, a UFC record across all weight classes, along with the 315 strike differential being another record across all weight classes.

At NO point did hunt have ANY success in that fight, he was soundly outclassed standing and on the feet from the opening bell. This was not a fight that had any shining moments for hunt.

Overeem spent the entire fight setting up the straight left

Stipe's footwork offensively and defensively are probably his most valuable assets. He cuts off the cage aggressively and constantly. It's actually his ability to cut the cage off while pressuring his opponents that allowed him to quickly KO Arlovski and Junior. It's also the reason he outclassed Overeem, a K1 champion. Conversely, his defensive footwork allowed him to KO Werdum after completely outclassing him, as well.

His reach, cardio and chin do help though lol

You can talk about the total strikes all you want, but was jabbing and left hooking almost at will in the first round before he gassed.

Overreem spend the fight using a minimal set up which is what I said, he just circled and sqaured Stipe up, very basic boxing. Nothing high level or technical, just walked him into it. How? Because Stipe was following him on a straight line the entire fight and walking upright, hands low, chin up, no headmovement.

He can cut the cage on JDS and AA? What decent HW can't? They both have awful evasive footwork.

His footwork is better than alot of HWs but they are not his strongest assets by far and have gaping holes. His biggest assets are his chin and most importantly right hand.

He was becoming very technical but once he found out about his heavy right hand and how it worked at a high level he became more and more sloppy with each fight.

That guy said Ngannou was gassing by the end of the first round yet according to the stats there is absolutely no reason to think that. As for whether he was gassing at the end of the second round that's pure conjecture with no basis in fact at all other than gut feelings and eye tests. What we do know is:

1)Ngannou outstruck Blaydes
2)Ngannou dropped Blaydes
3)Ngannou technically finished Blaydes

And yet you cumrags are on here seriously trying to convince people that Ngannou was going to or was at any point in danger of losing that fight. Seriously?
I'm not paying attention to stats. I'm just going by what i saw. You're over thinking this. You love Ngannou. We get it

I feel it's a very unfair statement to say that "Ngannou gassed hard"... as the Thread title claims.

Just watched the Ngannou vs. Blaydes fight again... & Ngannou "LOOKED" like he was gassed, with his face expression & breathing... but his movement stayed on par. He kept the center of the octogon & is movement actually didn't change much at all compared to the first round.

This might be an "indication" of gassing... but in order to say that someone is gassing you're going to have to see a change in his movement. I ain't saying there might not of been a slight difference... but it certainly was very far from being able to label it as "gassing hard."

I was wondering if this was the case. Was to lazy to go look at the fight and see what the TS meant by "gassed". When Brock was around there were a bunch of posters who swore he gasses in one of his fights. I think it was the Couture fight. There was almost no indication that he was gassed in that fight but people always said it.

I'm not paying attention to stats. I'm just going by what i saw. You're over thinking this. You love Ngannou. We get it

I'm going by what I saw too, and like I said before, I saw Ngannou dominate Blaydes and unlike you the stats actually back me up. Honestly the Blaydes circlejerk on here is getting ridiculous.

LOL

How'd that fight end again?

zagreb-croatia-10th-april-2016-francis-ngannou-defeats-curtis-blaydes-FX3890.jpg

blaydes.png
Shortly after his corner man said "if you want to win you're gonna have to take him down" (you know because he was dominating on the feet) the doctor decided that Curtis was in no condition to continue. All because of dominating on the feet and landing at will

Guess Blaydes' top game sucks ass then, because he couldn't keep a gassed Ngannou on the ground.

It did at the time. If you rewatch Blaydes and Ngannou you can see Blaydes making alot of mistakes on the ground. He was basically lost on the ground, not to mention he took the fight on like a week and half notice. So that was best Ngannou vs Worst Blaydes, Blaydes destroys him in a rematch.

Watching the fight right now.

Epic Mortal combat entrance music by Blaydes lol.

It did at the time. If you rewatch Blaydes and Ngannou you can see Blaydes making alot of mistakes on the ground. He was basically lost on the ground, not to mention he took the fight on like a week and half notice. So that was best Ngannou vs Worst Blaydes, Blaydes destroys him in a rematch.

...Have you looked into Blaydes' background at all?

...Have you looked into Blaydes' background at all?

Yea I know he's a wrestler and if you saw him fight Ngannou you would've known he didn't know what the hell to do when it hit the mat. Go watch the fight, Blaydes lost that fight moreso because he was green not because Ngannou is some unbeatable beast.

Just rewatch this fight.

Curtis landed his jab at will (lol), leg kick as well and was dominant on the feet.

At the end of the 1st round, after grappling exchanges Ngannou was already gassed, and in rd2 it was clear.

Ngannou is overhyped, Stipe gonna take him down, land his jab at will and out struck him.
Ngannou 1st round KO though
Wtf are you talking about. I just watched that fight, Ngannou didnt gas anymore than any other hw. Op is retarded.

I'm going by what I saw too, and like I said before, I saw Ngannou dominate Blaydes and unlike you the stats actually back me up. Honestly the Blaydes circlejerk on here is getting ridiculous.
You're gassed once you get heavy on your feet, fight with your mouth open & then put your hands on your hips as soon as the bell rings. Everyone knows that. Your MMA knowledge is subpar

Yea I know he's a wrestler and if you saw him fight Ngannou you would've known he didn't know what the hell to do when it hit the mat. Go watch the fight, Blaydes lost that fight moreso because he was green not because Ngannou is some unbeatable beast.

You say Blaydes was green but so was Ngannou. It was only his second fight in the UFC and he didn't even know what a kimura was at the time. He has obviously improved since then, probably as much if not more than Blaydes, who, as an example of one of his more recent showings, seemed unable to take down Omielanczuk despite the latter having no wrestling background at all.

You're gassed once you get heavy on your feet, fight with your mouth open & then put your hands on your hips as soon as the bell rings. Everyone knows that. Your MMA knowledge is subpar

Way to prove what I said about there being no evidence Ngannou was gassed beyond mere conjecture and speculation. It's been a while since I saw that fight but I don't remember Ngannou looking particularly gassed by the end of it, and at this point it's pretty much just your opinion versus mine.

EDIT: OK I've got the video up, point out where Ngannou looks gassed to you.

What has Blaydes shown as of late that would lead you to believe he'd be able to take on Francis in a rematch? The biggest problem he had was getting the takedowns, which he couldn't do consistently because he fought the one guy that could match his physicality.

If he keeps on improving at a fast rate, he could give Francis a tough fight, but we also have to take into account Ngannou's own improvements when they fight again.

Way to prove what I said about there being no evidence Ngannou was gassed beyond mere conjecture and speculation. It's been a while since I saw that fight but I don't remember Ngannou looking particularly gassed by the end of it, and at this point it's pretty much just your opinion versus mine.

EDIT: OK I've got the video up, point out where Ngannou looks gassed to you.
Are you trolling or what? Can you not the speed difference from beginning of the fight to the second round. Can you not see he begins the fight with his mouth closed & by the second round his mouth is open. Can you not see he begins the fight with his hands up & when the bell rings at the end of first round, his hands go straight to his hips? You're delusional

Are you trolling or what? Can you not the speed difference from beginning of the fight to the second round. Can you not see he begins the fight with his mouth closed & by the second round his mouth is open. Can you not see he begins the fight with his hands up & when the bell rings at the end of first round, his hands go straight to his hips? You're delusional

The thing is, Blaydes does all that too. They were both obviously worn out from two rounds of hard fighting but Ngannou was nowhere near 'gassed'. That is a completely absurd thing to say.

Fighters can improve their cardio you know. And Ngannou now trains in the US.

When you just added 10 lbs and weigh 263 lbs? And with USADA around. I highly doubt it, but we'll see.

Haven't watched Blayes/Ngannou though, just saying.

Back