Ngannou gassed hard in RD 2 of Blaydes fight

I love how in the last two weeks Stipe has developed a GSP-tier jab in the eyes of the fanbase.

It's not true, like, at all.

Ngannou looks like a monster nobody would be able to take out, but when you have been watching cock fighting violence since its started just like me, you know that doesnt last, everyone gets stomped sooner or later, and nobody is invincible, i guess if you are a die hard fan of this guy might as well enjoy his run or title reign as much as possible, until the next beast rises

I love how in the last two weeks Stipe has developed a GSP-tier jab in the eyes of the fanbase.

It's not true, like, at all.

I love how in the last year, after KOing Stipe leftovers who’s chins had been softened up even more than they were (And they were atrocious) Ngummbo is all the sudden supposed to just demolish Stipe.

I can’t wait until Jan 20th. The aftermath will be fun.

I believe he's overhyped too

I think you are prolly right.

But I also think he will continue to sprinkle the eight sided altar with blood and JBG will be pleased with his performances even if he looses a few.

Just rewatch this fight.

Curtis landed his jab at will (lol), leg kick as well and was dominant on the feet.

At the end of the 1st round, after grappling exchanges Ngannou was already gassed, and in rd2 it was clear.

Ngannou is overhyped, Stipe gonna take him down, land his jab at will and out struck him.
Ngannou 1st round KO though

You'll get some hate for this post

But your absolutely bang on

You'll get some hate for this post

But your absolutely bang on

Seriously, how do you figure Ngannou was 'gassing' in the 2nd round when the fight stats say he was outstriking Blaydes by an even greater margin than in the first round? This is really confusing me.

Stipe actually gets hits very little and uses his reflexes to avoid most of the blow from when he "appears" to be getting hit

The most shots ive seen him take was probably the first JDS fight
I think the most shots I've seen him take was Struve, who finished him.

Seriously, how do you figure Ngannou was 'gassing' in the 2nd round when the fight stats say he was outstriking Blaydes by an even greater margin than in the first round? This is really confusing me.
Because I watched the fight and didn't just look at stats

Because I watched the fight and didn't just look at stats

I watched the fight too and what I saw was a complete domination of Curtis by Ngannou. At the end of the fight Ngannou looked brand new while Blaydes, well, that's why they stopped it in the first place!

A HW gassing... <TheWire1>?

Stop acting like he didn’t TKO Blaydes off of a swollen eye. It’s not like Blaydes was knocked out cold or even properly TKO’d.

A win is a win, but Ngannou’s over Blaydes was a lot less dominant that you’re making it sound. May have even been prematurely stopped.

I suppose you think Frankie Edgar's win over Yair wasn't legit too then?

LOL

How'd that fight end again?

zagreb-croatia-10th-april-2016-francis-ngannou-defeats-curtis-blaydes-FX3890.jpg

blaydes.png
To be fair that was also a green Blaydes. But I'm far more impressed by Ngannou. Blaydes with having some difficulty with that 230lb Polish dude, which is crazy because Blaydes is heavier than Ngannou (280lbs vs 262lbs) and is a long life wrestler and athlete.

Just rewatch this fight.

Curtis landed his jab at will (lol), leg kick as well and was dominant on the feet.

At the end of the 1st round, after grappling exchanges Ngannou was already gassed, and in rd2 it was clear.

Ngannou is overhyped, Stipe gonna take him down, land his jab at will and out struck him.
Ngannou 1st round KO though
weird. i just watched that fight this morning, and did not see what you saw. maybe i'll watch it again.

all big guys gas, dude is super strong but he will get tired passing i guess the mid of the second round, you just gotta hope the guy doesnt punch you in the face
Cain only gasses at high altitude.

I think Ngannou was gassing toward the end of the first. Had it non been stopped because of a closed eye, i think Blaydes would've won that fight

Cain only gasses at high altitude.

I think Ngannou was gassing toward the end of the first. Had it non been stopped because of a closed eye, i think Blaydes would've won that fight

Gassing, yet had a higher output in the second round than in the first. How does this make any objective sense at all?

I watched the fight too and what I saw was a complete domination of Curtis by Ngannou. At the end of the fight Ngannou looked brand new while Blaydes, well, that's why they stopped it in the first place!

Maybe we see different things then bro

Hunt tagged him repeatedly with left hook before he gassed, almost at will.

JDS dropped him with the left hook and jabbed his head and body up the whole fight, Reem dropped him with a straight left with minimal set up.

He walks upright with little headmovement, cant cut off the cage, can maneuver when someone cuts the cage on him.

Werdums sloppy bum rush that he gets criticized for tagged Stipe up repeatedly.

He gets by on cardio, chin, and punching power. And favorable match ups.
This is one of the most false posts I have ever read, it's shocking.

Mark Hunt landed 46 strikes total (not significant, TOTAL) over five full rounds. Stipe landed 361, a UFC record across all weight classes, along with the 315 strike differential being another record across all weight classes.

At NO point did hunt have ANY success in that fight, he was soundly outclassed standing and on the feet from the opening bell. This was not a fight that had any shining moments for hunt.

Overeem spent the entire fight setting up the straight left

Stipe's footwork offensively and defensively are probably his most valuable assets. He cuts off the cage aggressively and constantly. It's actually his ability to cut the cage off while pressuring his opponents that allowed him to quickly KO Arlovski and Junior. It's also the reason he outclassed Overeem, a K1 champion. Conversely, his defensive footwork allowed him to KO Werdum after completely outclassing him, as well.

His reach, cardio and chin do help though lol

that probably is the key to beating francis. make it a long fight and tire him out. good wrestlers like stipe and cain can do that.

Back