Ngannou gassed hard in RD 2 of Blaydes fight

Fighters can improve their cardio you know. And Ngannou now trains in the US.

Cardio is the easiest thing in the world to train though so what difference does being in the US make?
Kenyan and Ethiopian runners have ridiculous cardio from just running about in Kenya/Ethiopia.

But what about the times he didn't gas?

I mean a lot
Just rewatch this fight.

Curtis landed his jab at will (lol), leg kick as well and was dominant on the feet.

At the end of the 1st round, after grappling exchanges Ngannou was already gassed, and in rd2 it was clear.

Ngannou is overhyped, Stipe gonna take him down, land his jab at will and out struck him.
Ngannou 1st round KO though
A lot of people probably will hate but it could be true in a way only because people don't realize how good Curtis is. Curtis was suppose to be the next big thing and after his loss looks pretty damn good. I think Stipe has better chance then most think but Francis is still a monster...I mean he looked at Overeems shot then fired a highlight reel boomb.

Stipe actually gets hits very little and uses his reflexes to avoid most of the blow from when he "appears" to be getting hit

The most shots ive seen him take was probably the first JDS fight

And he was battered in that fight lol

Hunt tagged him repeatedly with left hook before he gassed, almost at will.

JDS dropped him with the left hook and jabbed his head and body up the whole fight, Reem dropped him with a straight left with minimal set up.

He walks upright with little headmovement, cant cut off the cage, can maneuver when someone cuts the cage on him.

Werdums sloppy bum rush that he gets criticized for tagged Stipe up repeatedly.

He gets by on cardio, chin, and punching power. And favorable match ups.

I mean a lot

A lot of people probably will hate but it could be true in a way only because people don't realize how good Curtis is. Curtis was suppose to be the next big thing and after his loss looks pretty damn good. I think Stipe has better chance then most think but Francis is still a monster...I mean he looked at Overeems shot then fired a highlight reel boomb.

Definite failure on the part of the UFC to not put more hype behind Blaydes.

Fighters can improve their cardio you know. And Ngannou now trains in the US.

yeah

all he has to do is train with Conor

42AAB23D00000578-0-image-a-38_1500975542263.jpg

LOL

How'd that fight end again?

zagreb-croatia-10th-april-2016-francis-ngannou-defeats-curtis-blaydes-FX3890.jpg

blaydes.png
Dude was only 5 fights deep into MMA and still went 10 minutes without getting KOd by Ngannou. The one thing you gotta take away from that fight is that Blaydes is a tough SOB and deserves praise for it.

Doctors stoppage. Very clearly needs to be rolled back.

When did people start acting like that fight with Blaydes was even remotely competitive? Ngannou dropped Blaydes in round 1 and he outstruck him even more in the second round than in the first. How the fuck is that 'gassing'?

I feel it's a very unfair statement to say that "Ngannou gassed hard"... as the Thread title claims.

Just watched the Ngannou vs. Blaydes fight again... & Ngannou "LOOKED" like he was gassed, with his face expression & breathing... but his movement stayed on par. He kept the center of the octogon & is movement actually didn't change much at all compared to the first round.

This might be an "indication" of gassing... but in order to say that someone is gassing you're going to have to see a change in his movement. I ain't saying there might not of been a slight difference... but it certainly was very far from being able to label it as "gassing hard."

Definite failure on the part of the UFC to not put more hype behind Blaydes.
From a business it makes more money in putting your chips on one slot. They tested Francis pretty well. Slowly and steady after they realized what they had with the Curtis win. I think they actually made a good choice obviously going behind Francis. Blades and Francis might meet eventually but Francis made statements where Blades won fights.

It's HW, everyone gasses

Even the "cardio gawd" Cain has gassed multiple times.

Stipe actually gets hits very little and uses his reflexes to avoid most of the blow from when he "appears" to be getting hit

Lol.

Just rewatch this fight.

Curtis landed his jab at will (lol), leg kick as well and was dominant on the feet.

At the end of the 1st round, after grappling exchanges Ngannou was already gassed, and in rd2 it was clear.

Ngannou is overhyped, Stipe gonna take him down, land his jab at will and out struck him.
Lmao you do know that was early last year right? we're heading into 2018. plus he trains at the UFC performance center in Vegas now, so don't go worrying about his cardio.

The most I've seen him take was when he was TKO'd by Struve lmao

ngannou will dispose of stipe in the first round. lose hope.

Cardio is the easiest thing in the world to train though so what difference does being in the US make?
Kenyan and Ethiopian runners have ridiculous cardio from just running about in Kenya/Ethiopia.

I don't think it's easier to train than anything else. Everyone has their own size gas tank, and all the training in the world won't change that.

From the looks of things, PillowFists McGregory trains as hard as any other MMA fighter, yet his stamina is shit - he routinely gasses in about 8 minutes.

Of course it can be improved, but everyone has their ceiling. Especially bigger, more musclebound guys tend to gas more easily for obvious reasons.

I agree with you though about being in the US, as if that's going to make a difference, is his gas tank going to magically improve from the good ol' 'Murican air? :D

Ridiculous post though.

Ngannou is overhyped, Stipe is going to land his jab at will, take him down, and outstrike him - yet Ngannou is still going to win by first round KO? Hahahahahaha.

Just rewatch this fight.

Maybe

Maybe he’ll learn from that experience......fighters do that sometimes

Back