NFL vs Rugby

What does Rugby vs NFL comparisons have to do with the UFC where this thread was made??

Nothing

giphy.gif

Australian here, don't mind anyone who compares the two sports and sees NFL disfavourably, rugby is OK but I actually find I enjoy watching NFL much more, so thanks america thanks for the entertainment.

All of those athletes go towards the real money when it comes to American sports. Not every American is a super athlete, so not every American team is going to be super.
Is that why the US does so poorly at the Olympics?

Is that why the US does so poorly at the Olympics?
It's more likely to have an American Athlete who has an Olympic medal as their goal as opposed to wanting to be a professional Rugby player.

Also keep in mind the U.S has a larger athletic pool to draw from with a population of 300+ million people who have relatively good access to food, water, sports, etc. Our size makes it easier to beat out the much smaller countries who participate despite our high Obesity rate.

Rugby vs NFL.

Is really a discussion about how Euro/Aussies are jealous of Americans and our A Level Athletes.

Actually they've shown that rugby players don't hit as hard as NFL players, because they don't have the equipment. I doubt they have as much concussions as the NFL does. So stfu rugby nuthuggers.

the more concussions you have = the more athletic you are

lol

I like both sports, I played rugby for a little while in college. NFL definitely has the better athletes, that should be obvious it's the money sport

I wish rugby was more popular here, but a lot of people find it hard to like 2 similar products without hating one of them and engaging in fanboy wars. That is clearly evident in this thread

Rugby players are much tougher and more physical.

The only faces uglier than the gnarled ones of rugby players are those of the girls they date. Football is a much more violent game because of the helmets and shoulder pads, they make all the bleeding internal.

I like both sports, I played rugby for a little while in college. NFL definitely has the better athletes, that should be obvious it's the money sport

I wish rugby was more popular here, but a lot of people find it hard to like 2 similar products without hating one of them and engaging in fanboy wars. That is clearly evident in this thread

It is just fun to bust each others' balls, though both games are fun to play if one likes contact sports.

Australian here, don't mind anyone who compares the two sports and sees NFL disfavourably, rugby is OK but I actually find I enjoy watching NFL much more, so thanks america thanks for the entertainment.

Is Austrailian Rules Football popular nationally? I heard somewhere that it is huge in Mellbourne but not so big in Sydney.

Is Austrailian Rules Football popular nationally? I heard somewhere that it is huge in Mellbourne but not so big in Sydney.

rugby league is popular in QLD (brisbane) and NSW (sydney), AFL is more popular everywhere else. I think our biggest sports are AFL, NRL and cricket. I don't really watch any of them, i found streams for NHL and NFL and now i watch those way way more, i'm barely even australian at this point lol.

Depends on the position, it is more rare to see white running backs, defensive backs, and wide receivers than white nba players.

Well black athletes are longer in every sense, so they can get it on with you in every imaginable position.

Rugby players are tougher, better fighters, and stronger on average.

and they don't use pads

The pads and helmets allow for collisions that would collapse skulls, shatter bones, and tear tendons without them. Football is inherently a more dangerous game, with helmets and rules changing to try to stay ahead of public outrage for the deaths and permanent disability it causes.

Back