NFL player are not A lvl ,not even close

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by SouthSide971, Jun 13, 2018.

1. chiefwiggum

chiefwiggum Black Belt

You should have tried to play. Better yet. Have your son play.
    You will cry for him.

It’s a very fast violent game. All of the best athletes in school play it from where I was raised.

Big fast guys trying to put the hurt on each other. There’s nothing nice about it.
    Even as the sport has tamed over the last decade.
    I played. I’ll try to keep my boys away.

If there’s not A level athletes in football. Mma takes no athletic ability at all by those standards.

2. chiefwiggum

chiefwiggum Black Belt

I’ve seen 6’5 330 lb tackles move like deer.
    Tennis. Lol

Matty da Ranga and MileHigher like this.
  3. donkeyjr

donkeyjr Purple Belt

Endurance has nothing to do with athleticism, other wise those scrawny long distance runner would be A level athletes right. Nfl and Nba players has the top atheletes. Soccer is b level at best.

athleticism is speed, agility, strenght, cordination and jumping ability.

Matty da Ranga and MileHigher like this.
  4. MileHigher

MileHigher Blue Belt

Just admit that you have no idea who Adrian Peterson is. That would be less embarrassing for you than that comment.

5. Maori

Maori Purple Belt

Not sure why pay was brought into the equation??

Lol

I never stated basketball players cant make the transition to boxing, in fact guys with more knowledge then you and I have stated basketball players have the ideal frame to make the transition into boxing(Teddy Atlas).

Doesnt change the fact rugby union or rugby league players have the physical stature to make the transition into combat sports.

Edit:Robert Whitaker, former rugby league player and UFC MW champion of the world.

Mark Hunt,rugby league player, Former K1 champion and UFC top 5 heavyweight.

Joesph Parker, former rugby union player, Former Heavyweight champion of the world.

Anthony Mundine, former rugby league player.Multiple time world champion boxer.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  6. D 1 Wrestler

D 1 Wrestler Look up to me

6'6", 317lb

6'4", 205
    [​IMG]

Matty da Ranga and chiefwiggum like this.
  7. Goon Dog

Goon Dog Furio Belt

Basketball over soccer. Football over rugby. Gateway Arch over Eiffel Tower. Stars and Stripes over white flag. Burgers over quiche. And Trump kicks Macron’s ass.

Mamou and chiefwiggum like this.
  8. Rygu

Rygu Black Belt Platinum Member

Ronaldo is without question a world class athlete, to be able to take a hard cross and bicycle kick it past a goalie takes insane hand/eye and agility.

But to say he's a better athlete than anyone in NFL history is borderline autistic.

Mamou and Matty da Ranga like this.
  9. flairleguccijoints

flairleguccijoints Blue Belt

right, they needed super athletic slaves to pick cotton. The mexicans who now do the same kind of manual labor are uber athletes, as this kind of labor is and has only been done in the U.S.. Everyone knows extremely poor diets of hamhocks, chitterlings, corn mash and scraps, along with the stress of being enslaved, creates genetic monsters.

10. Krev

Krev Green Belt

not sure, i tried to reverse search the image but i couldnt find her name

11. JsinLegacy

JsinLegacy Brown Belt

I think its safe to say there are "A Level" athletes in every sport out there.
    The argument that one sport holds all of them over another just seems ridiculous.

Erratic and SouthSide971 like this.
  12. Orni

Orni Purple Belt

To all the people jerking off to athletic dudes, how come those fringe nfl dudes don’t just go into what you guys call “soccer” and dominate based on their ridiculous athleticism.

Should be an easy way to get to the top of the best paid sport in the world since it’s filled with “manlets”.

Erratic likes this.
  13. Axefan4life

Axefan4life Green Belt

Soccer sucks. Most of the dudes are cardio machines but most ive seen are afraid of any real contact or confrontation. Plus motherfuckers wouldnt know what to do with them hands. Also those thinking high level soccer players dont use are trippin, Ronaldo is rich as fuck and i guarantee hes on something. Again ill take a American football player in a fight over a futbol player any day. Show me a tough soccer player. Suarez? Lol

MileHigher likes this.
  14. MileHigher

MileHigher Blue Belt

Huh?...Whatever Mexicans are doing is a trip to Disney land compared to what black slaves went through. Read a book. They were literally bred like dogs to be strong. Last I heard Mexican laborers are not being slaughtered to weed out the slower workers. And that is the least of the shit they endured.

15. ultrasonic

ultrasonic Green Belt

Lesnar never took part in the combine actually. The combine is for college players and by invitation only. Lesnar went into pro-wrestling after college.

16. Lots

Lots Blue Belt

DEFINE A LEVEL ATHLETE.

And at some point it doesn’t matter how physically dexterous you are if you are 5’4. Size matters, especially in combat, NBA and NFL.

17. TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle

TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle Blue Belt

This is completely irrelevant to athleticism for the simple reason that American football and basketball are complete non factors in the places where rugby draws most of its talent pool from. No big athletic kid in a rugby country is thinking "Well, theres a league 10'000 miles away that nobody here cares about in a sport that we have no real domestic scene for that pays better, so i'll play that instead"

Rvd Slmr likes this.
  18. Beta Wolf

Beta Wolf Blue Belt

That's not subjective. You just gave different types of races with exactly measured distances that can objectively measure athletes' levels of endurance when having to perform for different periods of time. Generally speaking, your body can't be specialized for everything (unless you are Batman). If you're a medal-winning sprinter, there's really no chance you're also going to be a medal-winning powerlifter (or even marathon runner). You train with different kinds of cardio and pack on different proportions of muscle and fat in different places depending on your sport.

I think there's a very good argument to be made that NFL players are some of the greatest over-all athletes - the nature of the sport chooses for muscularity in a way that non-contact sports don't, and that to me is possibly the most important aspect of athleticism. But there's just no way that they have the same cardio or endurance as a long distance runner or a cross-country skier - they don't do that kind of training, they don't have the right bodies for it, and they're going to tire faster.

There are physical limitations to the body. If you have enormous amounts of muscle, you're going to be very powerful, but you're also not going to be as good at running for long periods of time. Unless you think it's just a coincidence that marathon runners are all skinny. If you're short and squat, you'll never be a basketball player, but you might be a powerlifter - and the opposite if you're tall and lanky. It is what it is.

19. Axefan4life

Axefan4life Green Belt

Soccer players could be fighters,featherweight and down lol. They run and kick but most are small and soft as fuck. Then again basketball players are too, so there ya go.

20. WinZip

WinZip Trial Version Expired

Golf, maybe? Also probably badminton and maybe baseball, since they're use to hitting fast moving balls already.

But no other sport that I can think of.

And of course golf and badminton aren't real sports