NFL player are not A lvl ,not even close

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by SouthSide971, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Erratic

Erratic Blue Belt

P.S whos that sexy chick in your profile pic Haha :D

2. Aggro

Aggro Yellow Belt

LOL

1/ Rugby pays shit is the reason Mundine chose boxing

Dan Carter is the #1 highest paid rugby player in the world: $2 MM pa. LOL
    Peanuts compared to other team sports for big & tall men: NBA, NFL

Even a partner in a top law form gets AVERAGE: $3+ MM pa.
    Career span is over 15-20 years.
    He certainly doesn't need to be #1 best in the world at anything. LMAO

Would Mundine choose boxing if Rugby paid well? Hell No

Top NBA players can get $200 MM over 4 years!
    Why the fook would they even consider boxing or MMA? LOL
    Choosing boxing or MMA is an IQ test in itself, if you have otrher options

2/ The talk about "A athletes" is really confined to HWTs - not manlets under 220 lbs
    Because there are only a few sports available to 220+ lbers, 6 ft 2+..
    The highest paying sports for big & tall men are team sports (with NO WEIGHT CLASSES): NBA basketball, NFL...
    (soccer favors small, fragile manlets under 5 ft 10, under 170 lb soaking wet so don't bring this soccer as having the "best athletes" shit up.
    Kicking a ball doesn't translate into any other sport. Eye-hand coordination (a pre-requisite in nearly every OTHER sport) is not a requisite in soccer. LOL)
    Because the theory goes, basically these 2 sports in the main are competing for talent away from boxing & MMA.
    So, A athletes discussion is not really about sportsmen under 220 lb or so.
    They've got plenty other lucrative sports to choose from.

3/ Mundine's "achievement" has already been surpassed by community college basketball players in HWT boxing

Any weight other than HWT is really a compromise for
    manlet weight & size.
    After all, a HWT boxer can't be a "champion in 5 weight classes" if he's a legit 250 lb - without losing a leg. LOL

None of this arbitrary weight classes or P4P shit ie prizes for everyone who competes. LOL

Without weight classes, Mundine would be flattened by any HWT

This has already been done on a much bigger stage (HWT boxing) by reject NBA basketball players
    Basketball players have had the most success in transitioning to combat sports:

Fight sports requires excellent eye-hand coordination.

Basketball also requires excellent eye-hand coordination. Doh

(eye-hand coordination, stamina etc is not a pre-requisite for NFL lineman so on average lineman won't do as well as basketball players)

Many basketball players (6 ft 8 & under, not the lanklets) have an excellent combination of: height, size, reach, athleticism, stamina, coordination, agility, skills AND most importantly, eye-hand coordination

This is the main reason why ex-basketball players (even college players who didn't reach NBA) have made the best transition to combat sports, from non-combat sports eg
    (ie HWT, no weight class compromise or P4p shit)

- Deontay Wilder (boxer): WBC World champion hwt. Late starter. College basketball player

- Michael Grant (boxer) - former world #3 hwt, started boxing age 20. Challenged Lennox Lewis for world title
    College basketball player

- Travis Browne (MMA): former top 5. Community college basketball player

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  3. WeazyFBaby

WeazyFBaby Yellow Belt

I know you didn't, but that's what TS was insinuating, and that's what I was talking about. Also, in my post I was talking about TS and you decided to chime in.

But we all appreciate your input on the subject...

4. Erratic

Erratic Blue Belt

Something to note though, watching greg hardy in the cage, fight skills or not, he does not look like a 'super athlete' in the way he moves or the stuff he does. Just looks like a big dude fighting.. i guess my point is, its easy to say X person is a freak athlete... until you see them in the cage next to other good athletes and realize their limitations.

5. WeazyFBaby

WeazyFBaby Yellow Belt

Do DC or Stipe look like 'freak athletes' in the cage? I would say no. Also, no one said Hardy was a freak, but he is a A level Athlete in my mind. There is a difference to me.

6. Beta Wolf

Beta Wolf Blue Belt

Well, I don't train for strength, speed, endurance, cardio, reflexes, or coordination, because I don't have to do any of that for my job. By your logic, I am the greatest athlete in the world, right?

UsernameLOL, Ingjr1 and SouthSide971 like this.
  7. D 1 Wrestler

D 1 Wrestler Look up to me

Stupid argument, all other areas of athleticism that apply to all sports can be measured. How do you measure endurance even? If a football player can run a 5 minute mile you would never know because they are not timed for it, but we can compare numbers in speed and vertical among most sports. Saying NFL players don't have good endurance is pure conjecture. What is good endurance anyways? Mile , half mile, marathon it's subjective. Speed, vertical and strength are not

Matty da Ranga likes this.
  8. Fatal Catro

Fatal Catro Red Belt

MMA fans are too fucking insecure.

FlowchartRog likes this.
  9. FlowchartRog

FlowchartRog Green Belt

I was just about to say that guy is clueless. Cardio is a huge component of athleticism just like speed and power. The reason Pacquiao and Floyd are such phenomenal athletes is that they have incredible cardio on top of everything else.

wilKO likes this.
  10. D 1 Wrestler

How do you know NFL athletes have bad endurance? No matter how good shape you are in if you sprint at 100% you will be breathing heavy.

11. FlowchartRog

FlowchartRog Green Belt

That's neither here nor there. He said stamina is not part of athleticism - it is.

Erratic likes this.
  12. KYS

KYS CHAOS nation Yellow Card

The best athletes play soccer obviously. It’s the premiere sport worldwide.

What the fuck are we talking about here.

ElCasca and Erratic like this.
  13. Viking Power

Viking Power Black Belt

Finally an unbiased post.

Pseudo Sane, Rea_ctor and Erratic like this.
  14. fatbino

fatbino White Belt

This thread is ridiculous. "My apples taste better than your oranges!" The best soccer player in the world wouldn't make the football team in any high school in Texas. Conversely, 11 NFL players would get destroyed playing soccer against a team of 12 year olds from Argentina. It's almost like they haven't trained for each other's sports... weird

15. wrestlefan

wrestlefan Blue Belt

A good tennis player would literrall smash everhone in the UFC after 6 months takedown defense training.

SouthSide971 likes this.
  16. D 1 Wrestler

You are wrong though, in basketball and football you can make teams solely on athleticism and potential. You will regularly see guys get drafted in the NFL and NBA that played only sparingly in high school or even not at all. The difference is soccer players are not big and athletic enough to be considered to have such potential. Soccer is more of a skill sport than athleticism, similar to golf, tennis, baseball, hockey, etc. Basketball and football have positions where athleticism can trump skill if you are elite enough.

There are simply no soccer players who have the size, speed and strength to make it to the NFL or NBA on athleticism. Messi is too small, Ronaldo is too weak, idk who else there even is that even has the basic athleticism to begin to imagine in the NFL or NBA

17. fatbino

fatbino White Belt

Surely not big enough. Soccer kind of eliminates big dudes. They would be sucking air 20 minutes in. I don't think you can say not athletic enough. Mighty Mouse is super athletic, can you imagine him trying to play in the NFL?

I just don't think "athleticism" is any kind of a strict category. Much more just a general idea.

Also I don't think you see guys drafted "regularly" who didn't play previously. I'm sure it happens, but I'm also sure that's pretty rare.

18. egk

egk Silver Belt

Many NFL players are great athletes. It's like the difference between sprinters and long distance runners in the Olympics. You can't ask a sprinter to beat a marathon runner in a 10k race. Athletes train in different ways for different sports. If NFL players were playing football (soccer) or other sports, they wouldn't carry the muscle mass they do.

19. PEDS Help me Post

PEDS Help me Post Black Belt

Hockey players are probably better all around athletes than most NFL players.

20. MileHigher

MileHigher White Belt

You are so ignorant it is comical. Only offensive linemen and defensive tackles can possibly be called "big men running kinda fast". Rbs, wrs, dbs, lbs, and most tight ends are BLAZING fast and have 40 inch verts. Not to mention 200-250 lbs of shredded muscle.

Tennis?? Get the fuck outta here. You can't possibly believe that. You couldn't find an actual pro tennis player that deluded. My god...