NFL Discussion v79: Captain Kirk

Who lands Cousins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't teams sometimes release a guy just to resign them the next day at a lower price?[/QUOTE]

They have to if he's signed to a contract already and the cut in pay will be significant. The Packers did it with AJ Hawk.

They have to if he's signed to a contract already and the cut in pay will be significant. The Packers did it with AJ Hawk.
Thought I remember it happening in the past.

Got a feeling he'll be back.

Brian Gutekunst's statement on Jordy Nelson's release: "We cannot thank Jordy enough for all that he has given the Green Bay Packers and our community for the past 10 years. He has been an exemplary professional and teammate and greatly contributed to our success. Jordy will always be a member of the Packers family and we look forward to his eventual induction into the Packers Hall of Fame. We wish Jordy, his wife Emily, and the rest of their family all the best."

Yeah, dude aint comin back

Lol at not being thrilled about Jimmy.

Dudes one of the best receiving options in the league. He will ball the fuck out.
Idk how you can downplay this. Godgers has never had a TE even near the level of Jimmy Graham

Reminds me of Moss to Pats

Brian Gutekunst's statement on Jordy Nelson's release: "We cannot thank Jordy enough for all that he has given the Green Bay Packers and our community for the past 10 years. He has been an exemplary professional and teammate and greatly contributed to our success. Jordy will always be a member of the Packers family and we look forward to his eventual induction into the Packers Hall of Fame. We wish Jordy, his wife Emily, and the rest of their family all the best."

Yeah, dude aint comin back
FUCK

So brokenhearted hearing Jordy is gone. But If I'm honest, I think this was the best move. Cobb is 5 years younger and still has a lot left in the tank. I think he is capable of more production like that hat trick he pulled off against the Giants in the 2016 playoffs.

But still, this sucks.

Idk how you can downplay this. Godgers has never had a TE even near the level of Jimmy Graham

Reminds me of Moss to Pats
Right? Jimmy doesnt need a scheme lol. Throw the ball and hell go get it.

No one with a brain is expecting him to block.

Right? Jimmy doesnt need a scheme lol. Throw the ball and hell go get it.

No one with a brain is expecting him to block.
I'm just scared with how the game is played Rodgers is going to throw one over the middle that only Jimmy can get to but he takes a helmet to the ribs and ends up a crumpled mess on the ground like Jordy was two years ago.

I’ll miss Jordy

Defense was a bigger need than TE but this frees up money for both anyway. Big signing

Packers fans are officially spoiled snobs lmao.

Yall have forgotten what its like to have shitty offense.

Well aware of what it's like to have a shitty defense though. Need Cobb to hit the road and help at CB

Still would prefer to see Cobb be the one dropped.

Grumble, going to deal with this the midwestern way. Drink a bunch of Bud Light and go beat up a girl. BRB.

Well aware of what it's like to have a shitty defense though. Need Cobb to hit the road and help at CB
My only problem now is if Cobb does go... we have Adams and.... um... that second year dude Clark and.... Ty?

We (I don’t play a position but fans own the team so I can say it) saw it this past season but it does get a little annoying reading knee jerk reactions here at times

Personally I’m all for it, Graham is gonna eat. Rodgers has never had a TE this good. Just wanted to have money freed up since defense is more important (which it has)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back