NFL Discussion v77: Big D*** Nick

Is Nick The Destroyer Foles the GOAT

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least it's "only" 5 years.

SF needs to get Sanders.

(Pls dont get Sanders. Pls come to Oakland.)

If Cousins is looking for max, I guess the template really hasn't changed that much. Still figured it'd be around $30, likely a little less.

Bills should just hang on to Tyrod with how QB's are getting paid these days. He's better than what they can afford or find in the draft.

Only a 5 games sample - But why the 49ers obviously fell in love with Jimmy G, and just how damn good he looked on a bad team
YARDS PER GAME
Before Garoppolo: 321.7 (21st in NFL)
After Garoppolo: 410.0 (1st in NFL*)

NET PASSING PER GAME
Before Garoppolo: 221.8 (17th in NFL)
After Garoppolo: 297.0 (1st in NFL*)

THIRD DOWNS
Before Garoppolo: 34.1 percent (26th in NFL)
After Garoppolo: 50.0 percent (1st in NFL*)

COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
Before Garoppolo: 56.6 percent (31st in NFL)
After Garoppolo: 67.0 percent (3rd in NFL*)
Total: 59.6 percent (25th in NFL)

TIME OF POSSESSION
Before Garoppolo: 27:36 (31st in NFL)
After Garoppolo: 32:54 (1st in NFL*)

POINTS PER GAME
Before Garoppolo: 17.0 (28th in NFL)
After Garoppolo: 28.8 (2nd in NFL*)

Jason Kelce is a beast.

He's dressed as a Mummer walked the whole route getting fans riled up and shotgunning beers.

Jason Kelce is a beast.

He's dressed as a Mummer walked the whole route getting fans riled up and shotgunning beers.

And then cut one of the greatest promos of all time. He's taken a lot of shit the two seasons before this... he sure went all out today.

The parade was awesome. I'm glad I was there when we finally did it.

Time to buy the Jimmy G jersey. Not mad in the slightest at how much he got paid. Newb posted the stats. You're not letting that man walk

I don't buy it. It's easy to look like a great owner when you have the GOAT coach and QB. We'll see what happens, there's no guarantee they start sucking, they could find a good young QB in the next couple drafts and Belichick's successor could be very competent. But my outlook is they go full Bengals.

Very possible. Most playoff teams are usually one QB injury away from a losing season. Getting an elite QB and then getting quality players around them and a coaching staff to maximize their potential is very hard to do. Particularly in the salary cap era.

Nothing is a lock and the Patriots are not going to be the juggernaut they have been. The bar is too high for anyone to match that level of success. I just think it is more likely than not that they will be among the more successful franchises.

It is true that having Brady and Belichick would make any owner look great. If we are being honest, the Patriots lucked into Brady.

Kraft isn't any ordinary owner. If you look at the long road he took to get to ownership, starting in '85 (just before the Chicago massacre) with the purchase of the land adjacent to the old Sullivan Stadium, then Sullivan Stadium itself and finally the Patriots in 1994, he is truly dedicated to his team. He persevered through three owners, sabotaging any attempts to move the team and squeezing them until he got what he wanted. At the time, all of those moves were considered spurious at best, including hiring Belicheck. They all worked out. That is not a coincidence.

y8ScdcY.jpg

Time to buy the Jimmy G jersey. Not mad in the slightest at how much he got paid. Newb posted the stats. You're not letting that man walk
Yeah, passes the eye test too, very confident and tenacious. It's not outlandish to think they compete for the division next year if they can buff up that defense and give Jimmy a weapon or two. They'll at least be ~7 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back