NFL Discussion v47: Beast Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surgery for David Johnson. 2-3 months.

Hate on the chick but I thought she was better then Rex..

Thought there was way too much complaining about Beth last night, but at the opposite end of the spectrum the love for her on my Twitter timeline was over the top.

ESPN should be more embarrassed about having a guy who's barely fluent in English double duty for both broadcasts.

LOL that was Rex in there?

I know he was on the Scott Van Pelt show directly after and he was garbage in just the 20 seconds of screen time. Wow.

Rex could have been replaced by a sack of flour but Beth was noticeable and distracting. One of the worst things an announcer can be.

Thought there was way too much complaining about Beth last night, but at the opposite end of the spectrum the love for her on my Twitter timeline was over the top.

ESPN should be more embarrassed about having a guy who's barely fluent in English double duty for both broadcasts.

She's sharp, and certainly carried Rex who was a bumbling hot mess.

But there are plenty of sharp play-by-play announcers who aren't drowned out and uninspiring like Beth Mowins. It's MNF, for fucks sake. Send out the best you've got, and that certainly is NOT Beth Mowins, let alone Rex Ryan.

The side line reporter was so bad that he was good. There was not a snowball's chance in hell that they were going to send another segment his way after the first gem, lol.

the best Monday Night duo is Tirico/Gruden, hands down.

I heard Rex was garbage
He probably talks more during a movie than he did on MNF. He literally disappeared for the few mins of the game and then was on that lean for the rest of the game. He was like a dog after being neutered. Just sad and quiet and meh.

But there are plenty of sharp play-by-play announcers who aren't drowned out and uninspiring like Beth Mowins. It's MNF, for fucks sake. Send out the best you've got, and that certainly is NOT Beth Mowins, let alone Rex Ryan.

The side line reporter was so bad that he was good. There was not a snowball's chance in hell that they were going to send another segment his way after the first gem, lol.

That amigo is gonna end up ironically loved lol

The best moment of Rex was when he was talking about how Seeman had to beat out Sanchez for a starting role like it was some amazing feat.

Everyone I was with watching the game was like "YOU'RE THE ONLY PERSON THAT THINKS HE'S A VIABLE STARTER IN THE LEAGUE!"

Sanchez would have been ok if the jets let him be a game manager, but they started leaning on him too much with a trash receiver group.

HaHa.... I so wanted them to go back to him.

His bumbling explanation after the game just made it that much better.

Last edited:
Rex could have been replaced by a sack of flour but Beth was noticeable and distracting. One of the worst things an announcer can be.

It's her voice...

She sounds like a softball dyke... yeah, I said it.

Which is unfortunate, because she was pretty good on the play by play

It's her voice...

She sounds like a softball dyke... yeah, I said it.

Which is unfortunate, because she was pretty good on the play by play
Her voice reminded me of the lady that went from the Courtside interviewer in NBA 2k16 to in the booth for 2k17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back