NFL Discussion v 42: Mike Holmes is still a can

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be curious to see how that extra 2-3% is spread across a 53 man roster. Do the math, Revo.

The rising team values means dick when it comes to paying players, spending money on facilities, equipment, and all the other overhead unless it's translating into liquid revenue, right?
If you're so curious about it figure it out yourself. My point is that it won't hurt the owners bottom line as much. Especially when teams are generating 350 million in revenue. And rising values should totally be factored in the grand scheme of things. If you have an investment don't you consider the amount of capital appreciation when calculating your ROI?

If you're so curious about it figure it out yourself. My point is that it won't hurt the owners bottom line as much. Especially when teams are generating 350 million in revenue. And rising values should totally be factored in the grand scheme of things. If you have an investment don't you consider the amount of capital appreciation when calculating your ROI?
Again, how are rising values of a team translating into something material without actually selling the team? Awesome, I could sell my team for $3B but how is that helping me pay the players of the team I currently own? Or build new multimillion dollar training facilities? Or keep up the maintenance on my stadium? I just read that ad revenue is already shrinking for next season due to declining ratings. Shit, the Broncos are estimated as one of the most valuable teams in the world and they're having trouble finding a suitable sponsor for their stadium.

I think there can be a bump in the cap (which is growing exponentially every season) and a bump in guaranteed money (ultimately what this is going to come down to). But to think they're ever going to sniff NBA contracts is ridiculous and completely ignoring the logistics involved behind that.

I actually like the NFL contracts (which have guaranteed money growing). I hate my teams in other sports getting stuck paying a scrub for 5-6 years and it hurts the rest of the team.

Why do you think your boss doesn't just pay you and everyone you work with double?
The more valuable I am to my employer the more I make lol. As it should be.

Its werid as fuck how fans get upset at players for wanting to better their positions. As if we dont all do that in our lives.

Its werid as fuck how fans get upset at players for wanting to better their positions. As if we dont all do that in our lives.
So true

DEspeJJUwAERTmY.jpg:large

+1 to the money being used for stadiums, public money going to those is one of the biggest scams going. Players should still get more though, they're putting a lot more on the line than players in many other sports.

Who pays for the players medical costs? The teams? Maybe the doctors work for free? I'm sure they can get cut rates on medical insurance because their employees are all young and should therefore be at low risk of needing medical assistance. [that's sarcasm]

What do you guys make of JJ Watt coming back this year? Think he'll be a lessor player from here on out? Back injuries I tell ya.

The money rookies lost went to Vets. I'm fine with them getting shorter deals (5 years for 1st rounders is tough but they can negotiate early). But the slotting system is good. Fuck Sam Bradford coming into the league and instantly being one of the highest paid players. Those old rookie deals were stupid

Zeke possibly facing a shirt suspension from DV incidents. LOL Cowboys are a shit show with all these thugs

And that's exactly how the NFL is structured. The top performers get paid tens of millions of dollars.

But that's not what I asked. I asked why your company owner doesn't just up and decide to pay everyone double. Do you think he's greedy for not doing that? He could probably take a massive pay cut to do that.

I don't think anyone is getting upset over the players wanting more money. I think some people just realize there's a lot more to it than that.

Fuck Zeke and every other woman beater. Hope his career gets ended game one.

Cowboys are straight trash.

And that's exactly how the NFL is structured. The top performers get paid tens of millions of dollars.

But that's not what I asked. I asked why your company owner doesn't just up and decide to pay everyone double. Do you think he's greedy for not doing that? He could probably take a massive pay cut to do that.

I don't think anyone is getting upset over the players wanting more money. I think some people just realize there's a lot more to it than that.
I think youre retarded if you believe nfl players get a fair portion of the income they generate.

Fuck Zeke and every other woman beater. Hope his career gets ended game one.

Cowboys are straight trash.

Lol you know this is all based around the same thing the woman claimed before he was even drafted. Like this is nothing new, at all. Schefter comes out with some report that a "short suspension of two games" could come down. Which is weird in and of itself, given that the first offense for DV is 6 games, right? Also, as I posted earlier, the Cowboys officials have basically said they have no clue what he's talking about.

He's been cleared on every single level except for from Roger himself, who's been hanging on to this for 18 months now for some reason.

Also, Raiders signed Aldon Smith. Do we forget that?

Lol you know this is all based around the same thing the woman claimed before he was even drafted. Like this is nothing new, at all. Schefter comes out with some report that a "short suspension of two games" could come down. Which is weird in and of itself, given that the first offense for DV is 6 games, right? Also, as I posted earlier, the Cowboys officials have basically said they have no clue what he's talking about.

He's been cleared on every single level except for from Roger himself, who's been hanging on to this for 18 months now for some reason.

Also, Raiders signed Aldon Smith. Do we forget that?
No, PUO was right. Fuck the Cowboys.

Also, if Zeke DOES get suspended...the league should be investigated. Period.

He's been cleared on every level, there's no real evidence that we know of, and it was before he got drafted.

If Joe Mixon and Tyreek Hill get to play, and they suspend Zeke? There's something real fucked up about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back