NFL Discussion v 40: Mel Kiper is the GOAT

What are your thoughts?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got Elway and Joseph behind him and a lot of people ITK say the "QB search" wasn't real. Was always the plan to stay with Siemian. That said, he's injury prone. Apparently he's been ripping the no fly zone up fully healthy and though it's just OTA's, is looking way better than Lynch. Wouldn't be surprised if we trade him when Kelly starts rolling out.

Last year to really see what Semen was made of, they gave him the 2nd team O against the first team D and he passed with flying colors. I suppose they'll do the same with Lynch to evaluate him, and I honestly doubt he's a Bronco this time next year unless he vastly improves.

What's going on with Cook?
Cuck is a can.

EJ Canuel finna take Carrs job imo.

They made it well known they wanted to bring in QBs. Made a huge deal about it in the draft too.

I thought that was a pretty shitty thing to do to Semen personally.
Maybe we read different papers. Everything I read from the team said that they were never interested in anyone including Romo. Reports said otherwise. How is using literally the last pick in the draft making a big deal?

If Semen has his feelings hurt by these things then I would worry about his ego. I have faith that he is tougher than Bork though.

Lol what is that from? I wanna say Something About Mary but I can't place it

I think it's referencing Shallow Hal or Something About Mary, but Im not sure. I just put together the most unflattering phrases Ive heard before and put them together. lol

He's got Elway and Joseph behind him and a lot of people ITK say the "QB search" wasn't real. Was always the plan to stay with Siemian. That said, he's injury prone. Apparently he's been ripping the no fly zone up fully healthy and though it's just OTA's, is looking way better than Lynch. Wouldn't be surprised if we trade him when Kelly starts rolling out.

Last year to really see what Semen was made of, they gave him the 2nd team O against the first team D and he passed with flying colors. I suppose they'll do the same with Lynch to evaluate him, and I honestly doubt he's a Bronco this time next year unless he vastly improves.

Semen impressed me a lot last year. Definitely not stoked about his potential maturation as a QB. Besides his injury concerns you mentioned, what are his flaws you would be concerened about going forward?

Maybe we read different papers. Everything I read from the team said that they were never interested in anyone including Romo. Reports said otherwise. How is using literally the last pick in the draft making a big deal?

If Semen has his feelings hurt by these things then I would worry about his ego. I have faith that he is tougher than Bork though.
Not talking about Romo. Im talking about the draft. They were after a QB. Vocally.

Semen impressed me a lot last year. Definitely not stoked about his potential maturation as a QB. Besides his injury concerns you mentioned, what are his flaws you would be concerened about going forward?
He had trouble reading middle gains in traffic last year, but out offense was retarded. He played the whole year injured pretty much so its hard to really assess. Saints threw him off with 3 safeties last year.

He was weak on play-action as well imo

Not talking about Romo. Im talking about the draft. They were after a QB. Vocally.
Vocally from Elway and Co or the media? Elway was non-committal

I guess I missed that. I liked them using the Mr Irrelevant pick on Kelly because it is 0 risk with a huge possible upside, but I didn't hear about them being horny for a QB in the draft.

He had trouble reading middle gains in traffic last year, but out offense was retarded. He played the whole year injured pretty much so its hard to really assess. Saints threw him off with 3 safeties last year.

He was weak on play-action as well imo
I am hopeful that McCoy will bring the best out of Semen and Lynch. Kubiak's scheme was mindfucking at times.

6_5269863.jpg

Vocally from Elway and Co or the media? Elway was non-committal
I guess I missed that. I liked them using the Mr Irrelevant pick on Kelly because it is 0 risk with a huge possible upside, but I didn't hear about them being horny for a QB in the draft.
Did you guys feel after the season was over that they voiced confidence moving forward with Semen as their QB?

Dizzy and I talked about that and I had the same views then. I was really surprised they didnt show more praise towards him. Really thought given the circumstances around him that the kid did pretty well.

It will be interesting to see if Lynch takes a big step forward and puts some heat on him during training camp, but imo its safe to assume Semen is the dude.

Same as last season. Siemian is likely the best fit right now but his ceiling will never be that high. He'll end up a decent journeyman or backup that can win you games. I'd be more than happy for McLovin to prove me wrong. Not all of his issues were because of a poor line but it didn't help. He should have a better year with the help they got and McCoy coming in.

Lynch was drafted with the expectation he'd be a multi year project with a ton of potential upside. Watching him come in against Tampa last year in his first ever game action showed a lot of flashes at what they saw in him. He was running for his life against Atlanta all game and ran into a very good secondary in Jacksonville. Clearly not ready though.

He gets one more year of learning and development in a system that plays to his strengths much more than Kubiak's did. If he can't put it together by that point then I'd say it's time to move on.

Everything I've heard points to Siemian likely being the starter.

Hated Lynch coming out, don't see him ever being a NFL QB

I've heard from a guy, who know some guys, who say Lynch isn't taking football seriously. I loved Lynch coming out, but I heard hes not super focused. Like, he shows up and everything, but he doesn't have the "first one in, last one out" mentality that you need to really take to the next level. "Immature" was a word I heard thrown around. Hopefully, he works his way out of that or he's going to be Ryan Mallet all over again.

I've heard from a guy, who know some guys, who say Lynch isn't taking football seriously. I loved Lynch coming out, but I heard hes not super focused. Like, he shows up and everything, but he doesn't have the "first one in, last one out" mentality that you need to really take to the next level. "Immature" was a word I heard thrown around. Hopefully, he works his way out of that or he's going to be Ryan Mallet all over again.

Said the same thing. McJizz was his only supporter back then.

lol

He's on the purple drank IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back