NFL Discussion: Running Backs are worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chargers are cursed. I feel bad for them, such bullshit. That's a huge loss. I remember reading a breakdown of how much better their offense is when they give Henry more targets and opportunities.

The Chargers are cursed. I feel bad for them, such bullshit. That's a huge loss. I remember reading a breakdown of how much better their offense is when they give Henry more targets and opportunities.

Yup they were 7-1 at either towards the end or when the season was finished when he was targeted 5 times or more. Also 3rd highest ypc at tight end last year as well.

Don't like this
giphy.gif

Did they trade for him as a joke? Might as well trade for me

Feel sorry for Rivers his roster gets decimated by injuries every fucking year

I was watching some video on nfl.com about each teams longest pass since 2000 or some shit, for the Chargers it was a Ryan Leaf pass not a Rivers one. I was shocked

wouldnt be an NFL season without an important Chargers Receiver being out the whole year

Say farewell to the three-point stance
Mike Florio
10 hours ago

At a time when football fans finally are waking up to the demise of the kickoff, another football staple is about the go the way of the Stegosaurus. And a game that many regard as a dinosaur could soon be extinct, at least as we know it.

transparent-320x50.gif

With the NFL finally admitting what some suspected for the past two months — the new helmet rule does apply to offensive and defensive linemen — the three-point stance inevitably will be gone. And the NFL will have gotten rid of it without actually getting rid of it.

That may be news to some of the people on the inside. Saints coach Sean Payton, a member of the Competition Committee, said recently on PFT Livethat the three-point stance won’t be going away “in our lifetime.” But as coaches like Payton adjust to the interpretation that finally was unveiled on Tuesday, they’ll realize that the three-point stance has become an invitation to violate the new helmet rule.

He’s got to get his head up,” NFL senior V.P. of officiating Al Riveron said Tuesday regarding offensive linemen.

The only way to keep his head up is to never put it down. The three-point stance comes from the ability to fire out and slam into the opponent. With linemen in such close quarters, it will be impossible for an offensive lineman to blast forward into a defensive lineman without potentially hitting the opponent with a helmet that necessarily is low.

Again, this likely surprised people like Payton. When I asked him earlier this month whether the new helmer rule will alter the between-the-tackles running game, Payton said, “I don’t think a lot. I think you know working a coach up, guys that are pulling. But I don’t think it’s going to change much at all.”

With offensive linemen now obligated to get their heads up when blasting forward at the same, it’s going to change a lot. It’s going to change to the point where it’s not recognizable.

transparent-320x50.gif

And it’s going to open the door for someone to start a football league that will play games not in the spring but during football season — and that will play football not like the NFL is hell bent on playing it but like football used to be played.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/22/say-farewell-to-the-three-point-stance/amp/

Kick off rule changes.

The primary changes include:

• The elimination of running starts for kickoff coverage teams

• A requirement that eight of the 11 men on the return team must be aligned in the "setup zone" within 15 yards of the ball

• No blocking within the "setup zone" until after the ball touches the ground if it is not first caught

• The elimination of two-man wedge blocks

• Kickoff team must have five men lined up on either side of the ball, a move that will limit schemes designed to get free runners in coverage down the field
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...anges-kickoffs-allows-replay-review-ejections

Hopefully Vince McMahon puts this sorry ass league to the sword

Bring back kickoffs and decapitating blindside hits

Say farewell to the three-point stance
Mike Florio
10 hours ago

At a time when football fans finally are waking up to the demise of the kickoff, another football staple is about the go the way of the Stegosaurus. And a game that many regard as a dinosaur could soon be extinct, at least as we know it.

transparent-320x50.gif

With the NFL finally admitting what some suspected for the past two months — the new helmet rule does apply to offensive and defensive linemen — the three-point stance inevitably will be gone. And the NFL will have gotten rid of it without actually getting rid of it.

That may be news to some of the people on the inside. Saints coach Sean Payton, a member of the Competition Committee, said recently on PFT Livethat the three-point stance won’t be going away “in our lifetime.” But as coaches like Payton adjust to the interpretation that finally was unveiled on Tuesday, they’ll realize that the three-point stance has become an invitation to violate the new helmet rule.

He’s got to get his head up,” NFL senior V.P. of officiating Al Riveron said Tuesday regarding offensive linemen.

The only way to keep his head up is to never put it down. The three-point stance comes from the ability to fire out and slam into the opponent. With linemen in such close quarters, it will be impossible for an offensive lineman to blast forward into a defensive lineman without potentially hitting the opponent with a helmet that necessarily is low.

Again, this likely surprised people like Payton. When I asked him earlier this month whether the new helmer rule will alter the between-the-tackles running game, Payton said, “I don’t think a lot. I think you know working a coach up, guys that are pulling. But I don’t think it’s going to change much at all.”

With offensive linemen now obligated to get their heads up when blasting forward at the same, it’s going to change a lot. It’s going to change to the point where it’s not recognizable.

transparent-320x50.gif

And it’s going to open the door for someone to start a football league that will play games not in the spring but during football season — and that will play football not like the NFL is hell bent on playing it but like football used to be played.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/22/say-farewell-to-the-three-point-stance/amp/

This is alarmist, imo. Florio is creating a bogeyman.

They're not going to be able to enforce a rule change that completely alters the way the game has been played since time immemorial, and slip the significance past all 32 teams before the season starts. Lmao

This could be the greatest fued in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back