NFL Discussion: Fake Football time

Are you excited for preseason, only to complain about it in 2 weeks?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How DARE YOU

EDIT:
I actually haven't drank any sorta mixed drink in awhile. Bourbon, rye, scotch on the rocks is my go to now cause I'm not a child.
I usually get a brandy old fashion sour at the lodge because they are cheap and don't stock good whiskey. It is scotch neat when I am at the cigar lounge though.

Alfred Morris is a stand up dude, and I would love him as the 3rd RB but I wouldn't get carried away with him being the lead back already lol. When the first thing the coach says about you signing is "he has a good chance to make the roster", you are strictly looked at as a depth move. Top 2 backs are out for a couple weeks, pretty much need a body. Doubt he is owed much if he is cut before the season.

That said - I'm all for him balling out.

Alfred Morris is a stand up dude, and I would love him as the 3rd RB but I wouldn't get carried away with him being the lead back already lol. When the first thing the coach says about you signing is "he has a good chance to make the roster", you are strictly looked at as a depth move. Top 2 backs are out for a couple weeks, pretty much need a body. Doubt he is owed much if he is cut before the season.

That said - I'm all for him balling out.
Who said hed be a lead back?

Very different players. Both excel at what the other lacks.

Who said hed be a lead back?

Very different players. Both excel at what the other lacks.
I agree .But they want McKinnon to be a work horse -> pass catching and game breaking. Basically it's too early to talk about Morris eating into his work load / fantasy output

I agree .But they want McKinnon to be a work horse -> pass catching and game breaking. Basically it's too early to talk about Morris eating into his work load / fantasy output
Right but hes fragile and not very good at it lmao!

Lol what are you guys on about? Penn took a pay cut to stick around, Mack's going nowhere.

Fun to dream in the preseason though.

Send them our other broke down hard worker... Clay!
Going to be hilarious when Jordy posts better stats than all those cans in GB lol.

Going to be hilarious when Jordy posts better stats than all those cans in GB lol.

I believe it too. Packers shouldn't have let him go.

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-release-cb-orlando-scandrick-report

RICHMOND—Orlando Scandrick’s career with the Redskins ended without him even playing a game.

According to multiple reports, the team has released Scandrick on the last day of training camp. He did not play in the Redskins’ preseason opener against the Patriots last Thursday.

While reasons for the release will become clearer with time, it is apparent that the Redskins have a great deal of faith in their young cornerbacks, particularly second-year player Fabian Moreau. With Scandrick on the team, Moreau was slated to be the backup slot corner. With Scandrick now gone, the Redskins likely will go with Moreau as the slot cornerback.

The team also apparently has confidence in Quinton Dunbar to start opposite Josh Norman. They also like rookies Greg Stroman, Adonis Alexander, and Danny Johnson. As of now, those three are the backups at cornerback.

Scandrick signed a two-year, $7 million contract in March. The only guaranteed money was a $1 million signing bonus. The move will save the Redskins $2.1 million in cap space this year. They will take a $500,000 dead cap hit next year to account for the prorated portion of the signing bonus.

This is good news. I was really worried what it would say about our corners if Scandrick made the team. Phew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back