NFL Discussion: Draft Day Looms

Will the Browns make good draft picks?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SANTA CLARA

The victim in the domestic violence case involving 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster has hired an attorney, an uncommon move and one that legal experts suspect signals she does not plan to cooperate with the prosecution.

#Innocent #FreeFoster

Usually a victim having an attorney means the State had to ask for a material witness warrant.

You respect stupidity?

Forcing the trial, especially when major witnesses (or in this case possibly the victim) are either uncooperative or less than reliable on the stand is never stupid. Beyond a Reasonable Doubt is a hell of a thing to prove, so unless the judge forces an Allen Charge on the jury your odds are decent for a hung jury and a mistrial. Time consuming and expensive yes, but never plead when you can back them into a corner for a better deal later.

Victim needs him in the NFL for her payday, bless you legal system

Haha, no. But ralph made it sound like he was bashing him, and I simply pointed out he was a decent backup and actually didn't make an absurd amount of money for it.

Backup quarterback is one of the best jobs a person can have. They seldom play and get paid very well. He was employed for 14 seasons making an average of a million per season. Many people would like a job that only requires them to be in attendance for 7 months a year and pays a million dollars with very little work involved.

Matt Flynn got $19 million over 8 seasons after having a couple good games as a backup for the Packers.

Feels like a non story that gronk is giving legs

That song is brutal at the end, but for the past decade or so it was completely correct.

No joke, We Didn’t Start the Fire was on when I got in my truck.
Impressive that your cassette player still works.

EDIT:Sounded funnier in my head after a day of drinking. Oh well, my apologies.
[<dunn]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back