NFL Discussion: Draft Day Looms

Will the Browns make good draft picks?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consensus in Cleveland (fans and journalists) seems to be Darnold at 1, with most having Chubb at 4. Possibly Barkley or Fitzpatrick/Ward. There may be mass seppuku if the Clowns take Allen.

Good for everyone, if true. Darnold just made too much damn sense for them. They need a leader of men and a polished quarterback. Taking Allen would be a disaster.

The second pick looks like a can't miss if they go Chubb/Barkley/Fitzpatrick. Either you're pairing two elite DE's in Garret/Chubb, two high level hybrid DBs in Peppers/Fitzpatrick, or getting a very good RB.

Consensus in Cleveland (fans and journalists) seems to be Darnold at 1, with most having Chubb at 4. Possibly Barkley or Fitzpatrick/Ward. There may be mass seppuku if the Clowns take Allen.
Darnold and Chubb makes far too much sense. Even if Darnold becomes merely average Garrett and Chubb is the kind of pass rush that can win you a Superbowl.

Fully on board with this strategy though I’d love to see Nelson added in.

Yeah, that would go a long way to making the Keenum signing pay off. If he is still there at 5 that's a fair bit of value. The Giants are the real x-factor here, their pick is what keeps me from being pretty confident in picking a top-5. They could easily go Nelson, Rosen, Barkley, or Chubb.

Bummer, looks like my dream of Denver picking Josh Allen isn't going to happen. Darnold will be gone I think but I really like Chubb, Mayfield, and Nelson and I don't want to see any of them in Denver so looks like I'm destined for disappointment.

Pretty much everything is smoke at this point, no team is (or should be) saying who they want/don't want.

Pretty thorough breakdown there. Honestly I had never heard of Allen until his name came up in pre-draft chatter. I don't watch much college ball and Wyoming football isn't big here in NC.

Your disdain for Allen just seems particularly impassioned and the Jawalrus effect cannot be underestimated.

I tend to lean toward him being a bust. Allen to Denver at #5, make it happen Elway.
Jawalrus isnt the only QB who was drafted because hes big and can throw far.

Sure, but I think there is way more misinformation then valid reports at this point.
Seen reports that Allen and Darnold are going number 1 and also that Dorsey is keeping the final decision to himself to ensure there are no leaks.. and that’s only over the past couple of days.

One of them is probably correct lol but like you say, most of this is misinformation at this point.

Seen reports that Allen and Darnold are going number 1 and also that Dorsey is keeping the final decision to himself to ensure there are no leaks.. and that’s only over the past couple of days.

One of them is probably correct lol but like you say, most of this is misinformation at this point.
Reports this morning that Mayfield is the pick at 1 and Allen is off the Brown's board.

@NewbZor you catch this? Im curious to see if that means whether he is prosecuted for it, or whether that means concrete evidence equals his release.

Thats a brutal decision for a team to release a young Pro Bowl caliber player so much respect to Lynch & Co if they do.

@NewbZor you catch this? Im curious to see if that means whether he is prosecuted for it, or whether that means concrete evidence equals his release.

Thats a brutal decision for a team to release a young Pro Bowl caliber player so much respect to Lynch & Co if they do.

Rofl at this being some sort of hard stance. This piece of shit will pay the girl he obviously beat the shit out of to drop the charges, so in the eyes of the law he is “not guilty” and can continue his career. The guy is a cretin and should have his career ended but will get off Scot free thanks to the advantages the wealthy have when dealing with the legal system.

Nobody knows at this point. If the witness isn't going to talk there's a good chance he avoids a brunt of the legal charges (small crime vs doing 10+ years in prison lol). Few interesting points - he was surprised at the severity of charges they charged him with, and he said there is more information that will be released in the case. So hopefully there is more to it besides him just beating on some chick.

TBH hopefully he gets the boot from the league if the stuff is bad. It makes it worse if he cut him for some other asshole team to pick up and play for 10 years.

Rofl at this being some sort of hard stance. This piece of shit will pay the girl he obviously beat the shit out of to drop the charges, so in the eyes of the law he is “not guilty” and can continue his career. The guy is a cretin and should have his career ended but will get off Scot free thanks to the advantages the wealthy have when dealing with the legal system.
Can you name a similar caliber of player that was released?

Especially that young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back